Analysis Tom Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

He basically was saying something like that, that was quotes from the article paraphrased. Horse was awkwardly trying to justifying the non-selection.

Yeah, I noticed horse in a couple of pressers justifying the non selection.

In saying that, you have to think of it from a coaching/selection perspective.

It's hard to justify dropping someone who's performing well in bird, for someone in the 2s when the team is winning.

To Mitchells credit, he kept beating down the door and has performed well since coming into the seniors

Yeah, I noticed horse in a couple of pressers justifying the non selection.

In saying that, you have to think of it from a coaching/selection perspective.

It's hard to justify dropping someone who's performing well in bird, for someone in the 2s when the team is winning.

To Mitchells credit, he kept beating down the door and has performed well since coming into the seniors

and yet Longmire easily justified dropping Mitchell after the final round of 2014 despite him having an amazing game.

His kicking is actually better than most say

His handballs are elite . Watch the match highlights on you tube he is in a lot of chains leading to goals

It should be added his "slowness" has been exposed for what it is - a myth.

He won't run down Dangerfield but he isn't a witches hat either.

Has Horse been a dark knight? Giving him tough love all the while knowing he's a jet to prevent complacency

Horse knew what he was doing. He's kept Mitchell from complacency, improved his game and made sure he works his butt off. There are plenty guys hungry to get in. Our depth is good.

From NEAFL report

Craig Bird had 34 disposals as the Swans' reserves dominated the Southport Sharks to win by 52 points. Bird was tagged throughout the day but kept winning the ball and kicked a goal

Edit : + 7 tackles

Horse knew what he was doing. He's kept Mitchell from complacency, improved his game and made sure he works his butt off. There are plenty guys hungry to get in. Our depth is good.

From NEAFL report

Craig Bird had 34 disposals as the Swans' reserves dominated the Southport Sharks to win by 52 points. Bird was tagged throughout the day but kept winning the ball and kicked a goal
Big deal so he should

From NEAFL report

Edit : + 7 tackles

Well he strings together a couple of years to prove himself like mitchell then back in he comes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee Punts, when you get the hate on you can really despise a Swans player. The irony of Bird being BOG in the NEAFL is obviously lost on you.

Why do you think Punts despises Bird. All I have read him say and also agree with is Mitchell is far superior to Bird. That doesn't mean I despise Bird. Or love Mitchell. It is a mere statement of his opinion and obviously what is fact with the evidence in the last 3 weeks - as if there was a doubt.

And why is it ironic Bird is BOG in the NEAFL? The NEAFL is a third rate competition and AFL standard players should chew it up as Bird is doing and Mitchell has done.

That isn't some great coaching feat. It is just a normal outcome of skill deficiency in the lower competition when confronted with AFL trained competent players.

His kicking is actually better than most say

His handballs are elite . Watch the match highlights on you tube he is in a lot of chains leading to goals
... did you see his 'switch' in the first Quarter?

He basically bombed 50m across half back.... have never seen a low bullet from him to advantage. Im not saying he is the worst in the team, just it should be his main area for improvement, efficiency by foot. I mean ill put it this way, i dont want to see him kicking into the corridor, as if he misses the target its like a 50% of a goal the other way.

He basically bombed 50m across half back.... have never seen a low bullet from him to advantage. Im not saying he is the worst in the team, just it should be his main area for improvement, efficiency by foot. I mean ill put it this way, i dont want to see him kicking into the corridor, as if he misses the target its like a 50% of a goal the other way.

If he cleaned up his kicking efficiency and flattened his kicks would be elite.

Yep. That switch to Richards was horrid. Just hung in the air for what seemed like eternity.

Yeah mitchell is hardly alone though, our best and fairest is a lousy kick too

So I can go to sleep easy now in the knowledge that all is sweet between us and we have no outstanding arguments ?

Tossing and turning all night cos i didnt reply? Sorry i went out hope the sleep is ok regardless

Remove this Banner Ad

Back