Scores and rankings Top 10 Teams - Analysis

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First place, Hard to beat, is having a really really bad round (pending trades), particularly if Shiel, Shaw and Tarrant keep spudding up.

Gibson average, KMac horrid, Danger average and conservative VC choice, Ebert, Wines and Gray very poor.

Krakour he'd be very pleased with.

Hopefully he didn't VC/C Martin.

Some of these are very common, e.g. Dusty doesn't matter unless you had him VC/C because EVERYONE has him. Goldstein starting ok, but everyone has him. Gray doesn't matter unless he is your C.

First place, Hard to beat, is having a really really bad round (pending trades), particularly if Shiel, Shaw and Tarrant keep spudding up.

Gibson average, KMac horrid, Danger average and conservative VC choice, Ebert, Wines and Gray very poor.

Krakour he'd be very pleased with.

Hopefully he didn't VC/C Martin.

Some of these are very common, e.g. Dusty doesn't matter unless you had him VC/C because EVERYONE has him. Goldstein starting ok, but everyone has him. Gray doesn't matter unless he is your C.
Not everyone ;)

Only 42.9% ownership.

Not everyone ;)

Only 42.9% ownership.

Oh Jiska, I don't mean to be a smart guy here - but I meant everyone in contention.

...and really, I didn't mean to be a smart guy.

Right now, I am really appreciating that you helped coerce me into Hogan+Saad+Miller to Deledio+Sloane+Steele rather than Neale+JPK+Miller to Deledio+Sloane+Murphy (+big cash to spend next week)

Oh Jiska, I don't mean to be a smart guy here - but I meant everyone in contention.

...and really, I didn't mean to be a smart guy.

Right now, I am really appreciating that you helped coerce me into Hogan+Saad+Miller to Deledio+Sloane+Steele rather than Neale+JPK+Miller to Deledio+Sloane+Murphy (+big cash to spend next week)
Yep, that was a much better trade long term. Teams looking pretty good now.

Yep, that was a much better trade long term. Teams looking pretty good now.

I'm have a great week too!

Whilst I'd fallen 850 points off first, I'm only 550 off second.

My uniques verse first (pre-his trades):

Him:
Shaw (110), Gibson (79), Higgins (80)
Dangerfield (106), Ebert (77), Wines (87), Shiel (54), Krakour (88)
Blicavs

Me:
Burgoyne (112), Hodge (122), Yeo (118), Pittard (67), Hamling
Beams, Steele (84), Selwood
Jacobs (81)
Ziebell (83), Deledio (123), Dale

I predict he's done another 3 trades, I think it's likely that he's traded out 3 of - Oxley, Saad, Brown, Mundy or Hanneberry, so he'd have possibly downgrading to one of Hamling or Steele, and it'd also be quite likely that he'd have bought in Hodge or Beams - but hopeful he's bought in Lewis looking for value.

I think it's likely he put the VC on Dangerfield, and then likely he put the C on one of Dusty, Goldy, Gray, Ebert or Shiel.

I've got the C on Goldy, so, if things go my way, I can make significant ground on first, and, at worst, I think stick reasonably close to the rest of the pack 400-600 behind.

Just hoping like hell that my significant amount of trades comes in handy. Coooooome on carnage!

Him:
Blicavs

Me:
Jacobs (81)

I predict he's done another 3 trades, I think it's likely that he's traded out 3 of - Oxley, Saad, Brown, Mundy or Hanneberry, so he'd have possibly downgrading to one of Hamling or Steele, and it'd also be quite likely that he'd have bought in Hodge or Beams - but hopeful he's bought in Lewis looking for value.

I think it's likely he put the VC on Dangerfield, and then likely he put the C on one of Dusty, Goldy, Gray, Ebert or Shiel.

I've got the C on Goldy, so, if things go my way, I can make significant ground on first, and, at worst, I think stick reasonably close to the rest of the pack 400-600 behind.

Just hoping like hell that my significant amount of trades comes in handy. Coooooome on carnage!

Can you add him as a rivalry?

You could see his trades as they fall

I'm guessing he has to confirm the rivalry for this to work? I want to keep an eye on everyone around me because I take this far too seriously :$

Him:
Blicavs

Me:
Jacobs (81)

Yep you will catch up quite a bit. I do expect him to do the 3 trades to (said this previously ) and I do expect him still to be in lead and hard to catch.

It was only a couple of weeks ago you said that you had given up any chance to catch them so it goes to show that there is so much randomness in this game that you shouldn't ever give up. I am having a carp week and will wave goodbye to top 100 and hopefully stay in the top 1000. Having enough pods to hope for carnage is the way to go for most of us now.

Yep you will catch up quite a bit. I do expect him to do the 3 trades to (said this previously ) and I do expect him still to be in lead and hard to catch.

It was only a couple of weeks ago you said that you had given up any chance to catch them so it goes to show that there is so much randomness in this game that you shouldn't ever give up. I am having a carp week and will wave goodbye to top 100 and hopefully stay in the top 1000. Having enough pods to hope for carnage is the way to go for most of us now.

Really, I think I'm still cooked mate.

Just holding on to the tiniest little hope.

I think old mate in first will still have a high number of trades, despite the way we expect he's burning them now.

I think I will finish in the top 500, due to my high number of trades, and being that I'll come out of Round 14 with a very strong team.

It's the little pieces of luck that drive me crazy. Old mate in first holds Krakour - my guess is, he just had higher priorities. And he scores 88 from him this round. I make a conscious decision to have Hogan in my team for this round, and get a donut.

So, I'm scoring alright this round, but I've had Lever, Hogan, Amon -- guys that I'd specifically bought in/held to manage the Bye rounds and none of them are playing. Hogan I've since traded, but it would have been nice to let Lever and Amon have a crack at beating Dale's 19 and Tarrant's 37.

I could get back up quite high and finish inside the top 50, or I could slip out further. It just depends on those PODs.

I had the realisation that even when carnage kicks in with resting players, my high number of trades won't help. I can only use 2 at a time.

That's where the luck needs to fall my way I think. A few mid-long term injuries would fall in my favour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

raymagoo

There's an Add Rivalry button when you're viewing a team, but I don't really see the point of them. I don't think you get a "gameday" screen for rivalries.

I've added you in any case. Late inclusion is my team name.

Hoping that, if nothing else, is this week my ranking holds tight. I've fallen for the last 3 or 4.

I think I will hold tight, but move closer to first in a points differential.

Next week should be quite good. But I imagine it will be for everyone.

raymagoo

There's an Add Rivalry button when you're viewing a team, but I don't really see the point of them. I don't think you get a "gameday" screen for rivalries.

I've added you in any case. Late inclusion is my team name.

Hoping that, if nothing else, is this week my ranking holds tight. I've fallen for the last 3 or 4.

I think I will hold tight, but move closer to first in a points differential.

Next week should be quite good. But I imagine it will be for everyone.
What are you ranked now?
I was hoping to get into top 10 this week but will probably fall down to 20-30th Be really good to be able to see the other top teams live

Really, I think I'm still cooked mate.

Just holding on to the tiniest little hope.

I think old mate in first will still have a high number of trades, despite the way we expect he's burning them now.

I think I will finish in the top 500, due to my high number of trades, and being that I'll come out of Round 14 with a very strong team.

It's the little pieces of luck that drive me crazy. Old mate in first holds Krakour - my guess is, he just had higher priorities. And he scores 88 from him this round. I make a conscious decision to have Hogan in my team for this round, and get a donut.

So, I'm scoring alright this round, but I've had Lever, Hogan, Amon -- guys that I'd specifically bought in/held to manage the Bye rounds and none of them are playing. Hogan I've since traded, but it would have been nice to let Lever and Amon have a crack at beating Dale's 19 and Tarrant's 37.

I could get back up quite high and finish inside the top 50, or I could slip out further. It just depends on those PODs.

I had the realisation that even when carnage kicks in with resting players, my high number of trades won't help. I can only use 2 at a time.

That's where the luck needs to fall my way I think. A few mid-long term injuries would fall in my favour.
superfraser
No doubt there's a bit of luck in it, personally I kept Krak on the outside chance that he would be elevated after their bye albeit I've been hit by lots of injuries. Hopefully you can catch up a fair bit this week , there's still a chance and having lots of trades left will help.

I'm guessing he has to confirm the rivalry for this to work? I want to keep an eye on everyone around me because I take this far too seriously :$
Don't think so.

I'm fairly sure you can't see this week's teams even with confirmed rivalry. If you can I would love to be enlightened as to where you can.
Easy to check. What were your trades this week toxic?

What are you ranked now?
I was hoping to get into top 10 this week but will probably fall down to 20-30th Be really good to be able to see the other top teams live

I'm out to 230? Or 260? I've forgotten.

I can't see me getting back into the top 10 unless I can string together 2-3 really good weeks.

Congrats on your great rank and all the best moving forward!

<snip>
Every team in the top 10 had the following players.

H.Shaw
N.Fyfe
R.Gray
D.Martin

D.Swan
D.McKenzie

Other players that were in almost all teams (7/10 or more)
S.Pendlebury (9)
T.Goldstien (9)
A.Saad (9)
T.Mitchell (8)
J.Selwood (9)
L.Franklin (7)

<snip>

Captain choices could be so crucial this week.

My apologies to MightySaint

Not trying to rub salt in your wounds, I'm just heavily invested in this thread - and I'm an angry as hell Selwood owner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back