Tour de France 2014

Who do you think will win the Tour de France 2014?

• Alberto Contador

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Vincenzo Nibali

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Chris Froome

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

My question is if they knew they couldn't win could they fight thru the pain and finish? Are they that hurt?
Froome has a broken hand and broken wrist, on opposite hands. You can't possibly be questioning whether he should've continued.

Whats the point? Could Ablett have played on through a dislocated shoulder, probably, is it a stupid pointless thing to do, definitely.
You miss the point. And comparing to ablest is stupid this is not bay 13

Sounds a lot like a PR exercise
Just stop. If you actually believe Froome isn't really injured, then fine. The information we have to work with is that he has a broken wrist and a broken hand. There's no need to spread rumours and push your agenda.

Just stop. If you actually believe Froome isn't really injured, then fine. The information we have to work with is that he has a broken wrist and a broken hand. There's no need to spread rumours and push your agenda.
His team release said minor fractures

(Log in to remove this ad.)

greenedges team is the wrost I have ever seen, I no bling went down prior to the tour but gee there light on for talent . would of loved to see howard an co given ago

My question is if they knew they couldn't win could they fight thru the pain and finish? Are they that hurt?
What?

Froome with 2 fractures, Contador with a ******* fractured tibia. And you ask if they are 'that hurt'? I know this is BigFooty, but come on.

Sounds a lot like a PR exercise

Sounds like you hate Froome and Contador.

greenedges team is the wrost I have ever seen, I no bling went down prior to the tour but gee there light on for talent . would of loved to see howard an co given ago

GreenEdge have only been around for a few seasons, so that's not saying a lot.

They have no real GC contender on the list. Gerrans and Albasini are clearly there for stage wins. With Matthews being such a late withdrawal, it would've been hard to cover, especially as he would've essentially been the team leader. Couple that with the announcement of Impey's positive test and subsequent withdrawal, OGE had to make two changes in a really short time frame.

agree they have no GC guys yet, an bling was a late out.. but in a team where you have 20 riders on the books I would of thought you have 15 of them fit an fireing for a spot on the tour, guess I just really like howard an Hepburn.. docker too

agree they have no GC guys yet, an bling was a late out.. but in a team where you have 20 riders on the books I would of thought you have 15 of them fit an fireing for a spot on the tour, guess I just really like howard an Hepburn.. docker too
Whether you agree or not, the TdF is not the only race of the year. Certainly it's the highest profile one, but OGE have much wider goals for the season (including dominating the Giro this year) across grant tours, classics and other events.

Whether you agree or not, the TdF is not the only race of the year. Certainly it's the highest profile one, but OGE have much wider goals for the season (including dominating the Giro this year) across grant tours, classics and other events.

agree with you on they have goals all year an wow did they not have a awesome tour of Italy best team performance of all the teams, but I guess with the Gc battle boring greenedge is the only thing worth watching an with yates gonna pull out before stage 15 there been abit dull...

but there la vuelta team will b wicked weening,bling,chaves,goss? docker,meyer so maybe I'm just trying to be greedy haha

Froome with 2 fractures, Contador with a ******* fractured tibia. And you ask if they are 'that hurt'? I know this is BigFooty, but come on..

agreed, I don't think anyone should begrudge contador for putting on the red vest

he did climbing one mountain with a broken leg. jeez. tough crowd.

really feel for him.

in non-stage specific news cancellara has pulled out of the tour, I find this surprising, I would have thought tonight's stage could have really suited him, figured it would happen a little later in the tour.

glad I didn't put him in my fantasy team.

Also Gerrans form probably heavily effected by that crash - which largely kills any chance they have at winning any stages unless a guy like Clarke can get in a break.

I'm hoping Gerrans has recovered enough to be in with a chance tonight, I think it could suit the likes of Gerrans, Sagan, Van Avermaet and obviously the bigger sprinters if they can stay in touch over the climbs.

I can certainly see it, ala the Giro.

No stage win time bonuses hurts his case a little, but I can see him being dangerous in breaks on all the big mountain top finishes now.
Don't forget the ITT ;)

Back