Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm a yes for Lonergan but only if it's a performance based contract, and only if we don't pay overs. Paying him for even 2 years no matter what seems a bit of a stretch of faith.

Post 30, the end can come quickly when that vital edge is lost to father time.

I'm a yes for Lonergan but only if it's a performance based contract, and only if we don't pay overs. Paying him for even 2 years no matter what seems a bit of a stretch of faith.

Post 30, the end can come quickly when that vital edge is lost to father time.
Think it was Dale4captain that said the contract will be written to protect both parties in the third year.

Western Bulldogs coach Brendan McCartney was a development coach at Geelong during the first eight years of Lonergan's career (2003-2010).

Lonergan's former teammates Matthew Scarlett, Cameron Mooney, Joel Corey and Steven King are all on the Dogs' coaching panel as well.

We should have waited to launch our new logo

It could have read

GEEBULLDOGS

If we have any more Coiro Bogans at this club I will spew up
The club are hoping to play some home game's at Kardinia Park in the near future. Perhaps the continued Geelong influx is our way of increasing the gate revenue. Come out Cats fans and cheer on your former greats......

Think it was Dale4captain that said the contract will be written to protect both parties in the third year.
Yep, there will be a stipulation that a certain number of games need to be played. He would also have a segment that allowed him to walk away into a coaching role if playing on in the third wasn't possible for a variety of reasons.

Ignore what Lonergan might be earning at the Dogs. We'll have to buff non proven players pay packets even to hit the min salary cap at this rate.

It's such a non issue for us it's not even worth mentioning.
You can now bank salary cap for future years.... this might allow us to pay <75% this year, <75% next year, maybe 85% year after, etc.... until finally we get some guns and pay 150% of the cap for a few years!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It sounds like Melbourne are pretty sold on Brayshaw so you'd think one of Petrecca, Wright or McCartin would be there and I'd trade Coons to turn pick 6 into any of those 3. Worst case scenario were guaranteed Lever.

Tankers would love a Brayshaw/McCartin

Our best result would be GWS take Cooney and Tutt plus pick 6 for there pick 4 Carlton dont need Cooney but the thought of Judd and Cooney together makes me smile :)

Pick 1.Pettraca
Pick 2.Brayshaw
Pick 3.Wright
Pick 4.McCardin

Honestly, if we can trade Cooney and Pick 6 for either of 3 or 4, we'll be laughing.

I'd be shocked if a trade like that went through.
Surely the Demons wouldn't do it, only chance I can see is GWS going for it.... They would probably still want a sweetener though.

Would be brilliant if we could pull it off.

You can now bank salary cap for future years.... this might allow us to pay <75% this year, <75% next year, maybe 85% year after, etc.... until finally we get some guns and pay 150% of the cap for a few years!
Incorrect. Can only bank 5% and can only pay a maximum of 105% in any year and must get back below the cap the following year.

Don't mind the idea of Lonergan, but with the cats thinking they are in striking distance of a flag I can't see them giving him up for anything less than a second rounder, which I'm not interested in. Would rather get Merret for 3rd rounder.

Our 2nd and 3rd rd picks for Geelong's 2nd and Lonergan.

The beautiful thing then is we can use Geelong's 2nd rd (p35?) and Jones to upgrade to Carlton's P28.

Nett outcome in Lonergan and P28, and out Jones, P27 and P45. Effectively Jones and p45 for Lonergan

Shit footballer & shitter bloke, I'm glad we aren't interested
Mitch Robinson is going to end up as a barfly who headbutts beer cans and perfectly crumples them into a circle.

A weird unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back