Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt Rocket come out and say recently that he had no idea when O'Meara would be at 100% fitness due to his knee problem ???

That raises massive red flags for me - another potential Cooney situation with degenerative knees....

True. Could also be hosing down some speculation too. Would be massive in our midfield.

A couple of months back the Hawks board was all over the O'Meara rumour and reckoned it was a done deal. Guess we will know in a week or so.

True. Could also be hosing down some speculation too. Would be massive in our midfield.

A couple of months back the Hawks board was all over the O'Meara rumour and reckoned it was a done deal. Guess we will know in a week or so.

Fair point, apparently Minson was still a required player on Friday. Come Sunday night you can almost guarantee he isn't......

I think as a minimum we need to take three off our senior list? Bevo also commented that he was happy with the list and wanted to keep everyone - that he expected us to be quiet this trade. He could be foxing but if we can keep seeing improvement the advantage is keeping our powder dry to keep our stars. Within the next two years time we may have Macrae, Stringer, Bont, all coming up for recontract and probably expecting 750+ per season. This is our biggest challenge.

I expect we will lose Goodes (retired), Fuller, Darley as top three at this stage. Rourke Smith to stay on the rookie list (and be upgraded during the year - no point elevating him and losing a list spot. Jordan Kelly up until last week (a couple of other good games too) looked pretty likely to be dropped off but may have another chance. Questions will be asked of Pearce and Ayce - favourites but have had chances.

Minnow looks likely to be part of a trade - one of my favourite players and may be affected by the Cornes stuff. But otherwise is a top 10 player at most clubs but not playing to his level. There are a few clubs that would like someone like him - eg GC for Gorringe. Hrovat is another who is interesting - disposal needs work but should be a top 22 but is now faced with a longer and longer list of similar small mids currently in front of him and next year will have Libba and hopefully Cement back. I hope he stays and think he will click soon and be a star but combined with Will he could get us something major and you have to give value to get it.

What do we need? Mac indicated we wanted a Ruck/Forward which must indicate a lack of faith in Ayce. (Trade potential: Gorringe, Day, Leuenberger, Kruezer) And most posters here think that a big KPD is a missing link. Trade potential (Carlisle, Henderson, M.Brown, Tarrant, Tomlison). One of these may be a possibility.

Heard some whispers about clubs inquiring about O'Mearas immediate future at GCS. A mate of mine said that he understood GWS and Carlton had made advances (SOS probably had him pegged when he was at GWS) and that he might want to get out of Qld to be better managed.
Didn't GWS try to pull some trade heist so they would end up with their own mini-draft pick to get Jaeger? Wouldn't be surprised if they're still into him, even if his knee is totalled.

I think as a minimum we need to take three off our senior list? Bevo also commented that he was happy with the list and wanted to keep everyone - that he expected us to be quiet this trade. He could be foxing but if we can keep seeing improvement the advantage is keeping our powder dry to keep our stars. Within the next two years time we may have Macrae, Stringer, Bont, all coming up for recontract and probably expecting 750+ per season. This is our biggest challenge.

I expect we will lose Goodes (retired), Fuller, Darley as top three at this stage. Rourke Smith to stay on the rookie list (and be upgraded during the year - no point elevating him and losing a list spot. Jordan Kelly up until last week (a couple of other good games too) looked pretty likely to be dropped off but may have another chance. Questions will be asked of Pearce and Ayce - favourites but have had chances.

Minnow looks likely to be part of a trade - one of my favourite players and may be affected by the Cornes stuff. But otherwise is a top 10 player at most clubs but not playing to his level. There are a few clubs that would like someone like him - eg GC for Gorringe. Hrovat is another who is interesting - disposal needs work but should be a top 22 but is now faced with a longer and longer list of similar small mids currently in front of him and next year will have Libba and hopefully Cement back. I hope he stays and think he will click soon and be a star but combined with Will he could get us something major and you have to give value to get it.

What do we need? Mac indicated we wanted a Ruck/Forward which must indicate a lack of faith in Ayce. (Trade potential: Gorringe, Day, Leuenberger, Kruezer) And most posters here think that a big KPD is a missing link. Trade potential (Carlisle, Henderson, M.Brown, Tarrant, Tomlison). One of these may be a possibility.

I think that at the end of the year, all promoted rookies etc revert to their original spots on the list. So Goodes doesn't count as one of the three list changes needed for this year.

Fuller, Darley and Minson appear the obvious three at this stage. Goodes is likely gone from the rookie list (but staying at Footscray hopefully), Pearce is a question mark off the rookie list, as is Kelly. Cordy, Hrovat, Hunter and Grant and the big unknowns off the main list.

Hoping Grant stays. Looked filthy on Saturday when subbed out of the game against North.

Think it was posted on here ages ago that he wasn't looking at any other offers. Wonder if after a full season he has some currency to any other sides? As a FA I doubt we'll get any compensation if he goes. Best to keep.

So...if we're making spots on our list because we have to. All the Rookies go, Fuller and Darley and a pick upgrade for Will.

Reckon we land Kreuzer (all the whispering tells me we in with a chance and the clubs keen) and use our third rounder to bring in DMac as a FS selection.

Outside of a miracle O'Meara trade, we will be pretty quiet IMO.

I think there is room to target a second mobile key tall who could drop deep when boyd rucks. Mcstay is the man for me.
Unsure why people keep mentioning McStay on this thread. He signed a 3 year deal only a couple of months back

I know he's been on the list a while, but contrast his efforts to Will's recent ones. Cordy is getting peanuts and offers some versatility and flexibility.
I agree - he'll cost us base salary and provides depth in an area we're deficient in.

GWS getting O'meara would be criminal. Even if they lose Treloar, they still have a stupid amount of really good young mids. Would be pushed onto a wing / flank with the rest of them and not be used be properly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fire sales at Carlton, Essendon, Melbourne and Brisbane IMO. Probably get a nice second hand desk for unders.

Not sure we would find anything else of value?

Unsure why people keep mentioning McStay on this thread. He signed a 3 year deal only a couple of months back

Friend of T Boyd's and we like him.... That's enough for the link to be made...

So...if we're making spots on our list because we have to. All the Rookies go, Fuller and Darley and a pick upgrade for Will.

Reckon we land Kreuzer (all the whispering tells me we in with a chance and the clubs keen) and use our third rounder to bring in DMac as a FS selection.

Outside of a miracle O'Meara trade, we will be pretty quiet IMO.

The problem with this is, if we land Kreuzer, we still have to get rid of one more player because we are required to have 3 empty spots come draft night.

The problem with this is, if we land Kreuzer, we still have to get rid of one more player because we are required to have 3 empty spots come draft night.

Surely one of the ruckman goes if Kreuzer arrive.

We haven't heard any word on Hunter either. Even if we managed to keep him I'm sure there will be a surprise. Grant has several clubs offering him larger contracts than what we have. Or a complete unknown.

What have missed since last post week guy give short version off ? Getting Kruzer , Carlise in the trade period it would be sick combo get if came true

Carlisle absolutely zero change - we aren't interested.

Kreuzer big chance, if that fails I can also see us sniffing around Stefan Martin.

That spell the end for Ayce? Obviously the club seems to have moved on after trying him earlier in the year.

Maybe he is a Rookie chance?

That spell the end for Ayce? Obviously the club seems to have moved on after trying him earlier in the year.

Maybe he is a Rookie chance?

Minson is in big trouble. I'd keep Ayce moreso than Minson. Ayce is more versitile and would cost less. I don't rate Ayce and think he won't make AFL level but if we ever get in real trouble with injury we can put ayce in defence/forward/2nd ruck role. He fits the system.

Minno doesn't!! Due to his history he might get us more trade value also. Cordy imo effectively is a poor man's Roughead (so if roughy went down Ayce can play a swingman at any area of the ground).

Surely one of the ruckman goes if Kreuzer arrive.

We haven't heard any word on Hunter either. Even if we managed to keep him I'm sure there will be a surprise. Grant has several clubs offering him larger contracts than what we have. Or a complete unknown.

Ayce would have to go if Hunter, Grant or whoever else doesn't leave. He had Minson up as a trade already.
Regardless I think Ayce should be delisted anyway. Maybe put on to the rookie list.

Then Ayce gets cut IR.

Yep would have to be the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back