Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could we throw a rookie pick at Mitch Banner? 23 years old now, Ex-Port Adelaide, now South Fremantle.
Was a Vic Metro and Western Jets midfielder so might be time to bring him home.
Strengths: Goal kicking flair, can find the footy inside and out.
Weaknesses: Doesn't work hard defensively, size (179cm and relatively light frame).
Any Western Australians seen him play? Stats look pretty good.

O'Rourke has always been excellent at winning his own ball... Significantly better than Kelly is. A large part of his appeal was the ease in which he was able to get the ball.
When he was in the juniors system, he was much more rounded than Kelly is now. Kelly relies on people giving it to him way too much.

Saw Kelly play twice last year bog in both against Whitfield in one of those games take him

Could we throw a rookie pick at Mitch Banner? 23 years old now, Ex-Port Adelaide, now South Fremantle.
Was a Vic Metro and Western Jets midfielder so might be time to bring him home.
Strengths: Goal kicking flair, can find the footy inside and out.
Weaknesses: Doesn't work hard defensively, size (179cm and relatively light frame).
Any Western Australians seen him play? Stats look pretty good.

No chance at all. Macca wants players to work defensively as well as offensively, look at Dahlhaus for a prime example.

Based purely on your descriptions, Dom Sheed. Another classy onballer who can play inside or outside and carry the ball in traffic fits the bill perfectly.

Just food for thought. How high of a pick would North Melbourne spend on Luke Mcdonald. For instance, if the ladder is what it is now, they would have pick 6. dogs have pick 5. If we made a big for Luke McDonald, would they use pick 6 on him? is pick 6 to high for him? Would he be a good fit at the dogs for pick 5?
Supposedly if pick 6 was used on a father son recruit, it would be the highest pick ever on a father son player.
Have heard great reports on him, but is he worth a look for pick 5 for the dogs? or pick 6 for north

Just food for thought. How high of a pick would North Melbourne spend on Luke Mcdonald. For instance, if the ladder is what it is now, they would have pick 6. dogs have pick 5. If we made a big for Luke McDonald, would they use pick 6 on him? is pick 6 to high for him? Would he be a good fit at the dogs for pick 5?
Supposedly if pick 6 was used on a father son recruit, it would be the highest pick ever on a father son player.
Have heard great reports on him, but is he worth a look for pick 5 for the dogs? or pick 6 for north

They'll be taking him no matter what pick. 100% certainty. If he wasn't a F/S, I'd say we would take him for sure, as he's exactly what we need.

No chance they'll be passing him up.

That was my thoughts aswell. He seems to have that overall ability. Can play inside, is a good disposal of the ball and can run hard.
Where would he go for a pick if he wasn't a father son?
like just curious on where he would sit in likes of talent in this years draft

Quite impressive. So really no matter, what he will be a steal and North will nab him in the draft. Like even if they have pick 6 or 7, it is still good considering he is top 3.
Just won't be as much of a steal as we got libba and Wallis. Would of both been two first round picks in my opinion. We got them quite low

Quite impressive. So really no matter, what he will be a steal and North will nab him in the draft. Like even if they have pick 6 or 7, it is still good considering he is top 3.
Just won't be as much of a steal as we got libba and Wallis. Would of both been two first round picks in my opinion. We got them quite low

Yep, he's a complete player. Elite skills, very good athletically, good defensively and can play inside or outside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've liked his past game stats and highlights footage, definitely can run for a bigger bloke

I hope he keeps it up against the Div. 1 teams, hoping he goes as low as his brother so we can get him on the cheap ;)

I hope he doesn't so we can get him for cheap :p

Based on the small footage I've seen of him, I'd love him at our 2nd round pick. But it seems he could go higher then that if the hype is anything to go by.

EDIT: Macca seems pretty keen on adding another one of these forwards considering we are chasing Crameri. Marsh seems similar.

I hope he doesn't so we can get him for cheap :p

Based on the small footage I've seen of him, I'd love him at our 2nd round pick. But it seems he could go higher then that if the hype is anything to go by.

there is a lot of players I'd like at our second round pick, it is just a matter if they fall their
but if a lot of our options were gone, I wouldn't mind us picking him up
seems to fit what Macca loves, gets his own ball and brings other players into the game; as a tall forward

That sucks a bit, Lewis Taylor is also out. Good to see Blake Acres in.
hoping taylor is just been rested up, rather than sore or injured

I also noted Acres was in, time to see if the hype holds any truth
and Hourigan shifted back to defence

I've heard Dallas Willsmore's name mentioned a few times as well

hoping taylor is just been rested up, rather than sore or injured

I also noted Acres was in, time to see if the hype holds any truth
and Hourigan shifted back to defence

I've heard Dallas Willsmore's name mentioned a few times as well

I quite like Willsmore, I thought he was very good on the weekend except he missed quite a few shots on goal.

Not a Hourigan fan, although I haven't seen him play in defence. His athleticism worries me a little and he seems much better suited closer to goal rather then further up the ground which is what he will need to be able to do in the AFL as a 3rd tall.

watch his part in this weeks eye catchers video. Looks absolutely tantalising. So quick. If he has a good championships against the other div 1 teams i'll be all over him even for our first pick. That will get laughed at now but he may very well bolt.

Yep, the highlights video was very impressive. It was against a div 2 side though, so it can be a little bit deceiving. But like you said if he can back it up against the div 1 sides, then I wouldn't be against looking at him at our 1st round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back