List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Agree totally with that. How do clubs in the window not just top up with more ready mades to fill needs asap. You have very little chance to be in a genuine window and that is a club that was on the outer for so long but has taken for granted since their flag that it won’t last forever.

Horribly run, and coached club imo, especially for all the talent on their list. Making a mess of it

From the Melbourne thread about Koltyn Tholstrup:

Dunno anything about him yet but I hope he's as dumb as the rest of our mids. Has that look about him. Want a whole fleet of blokes who'd spell Yale with a 7.

I know it's from The Simpsons but I kek'd.

Anyone melting over missing out on Collard needs to take a breath lol

He just got drafted to St Kilda of all clubs. St ******* Kilda. There is next to 0 chance he plays out his career at that beige retaining wall of a club - he'll be back here in a couple of years.
He's good mates with Walters and a number of other freo players, and is a freo supporter himself, he would go there if traded home.

Who's left that's slid a bit?

Ollie Murphy - KPD
Archie Roberts - Small Defender
Archer Reid - KPF
George Stevens - Def/Mid
Tew Jiath - Medium Defender
Mitch Edwards - Ruck
Angus Hastie - General Defender
Arie Schoenmaker - General Defender
Logan Morris - Forward
Zane Zakostelsky - KPD

Some great options there.

I would take Murphy with 30.

Melbourne’s offer for pick 1 was 6,11,42 and their F1

We’d have taken Curtin with a choice of Tholstrup, Leake, Wilson, Hardeman plus Melbourne’s F1

North’s offer was 2,15,17 at best from what was reported meaning Curtin/McKercher and 2 of Hardeman, C Edwards, DeMattia, Goad or Collard

I’m thrilled we JTR

Interview with Rohan O'Brien (video on social media) suggested it was a straight swap offered, however, GWS wanted to remain in this draft. Which seems short-sighted, yes.
There is always a risk with trading future picks, we might have a good run with injury, win ~8 games and finish 11th or 12th, and that pick was a future pick to begin with, dont blame them at all for wanting to cash in on it now and now in another years time.

We are better off keeping it anyway. Have a poor season, use the top 2 pick. Have a better than expected season, know we are on the right track and use the pick for best fit.

Collard in 2 years: "Man, this place (St Kilda) is such a loser club filled with absolute losers. I need to get out of here and go somewhere totally different, a place without the stink of Ross Lyon. A place full of winners! I know - I'll ask to be traded to Fremantle..."

Be interesting to see what we could get for pick 30. Wouldn't want to drop past Brisbane at 31 or Geelong at 32 though. Anyway Archie Roberts doesn't look anything special. Ollie Murphy's ceiling might not be higher much higher than Rhett Bazzo. Sanchez looks ok but I doubt he could go onto the ball. Mitch Edwards takes a decent mark but his tapwork is pretty ordinary, doesn't seem to have a feel for where his mids are. He could improve athletically after a few pre seasons but that's a gamble. Might be redundant if we nab English as a Free Agent anyway.

Cooper Simpson though looks great. Bursts from stoppage, evasive, clean hands and an elite kick who push's forward and kicks goals. Also Vic Country, join the rest of them on our list. Slid through injury but has all the talent and work rate apparently, last off the track etc. I was hoping Moir would be there but Simpson would be a good get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish we could have traded in to get DeMattia but if we can grab 2 of:
  1. Murphy
  2. Roberts
  3. Schoenmaker
  4. Stevens
  5. Simpson
  6. Freijah
  7. Zakostelsky
  8. Hastie
Then Clay Hall with 49 I’ll be absolutely stoked.

Our "learned friend" over on the North board, before their late teen picks wanted selections from "Logan Morris, Arie Schoenmaker, Mitch Edwards, Harry De Mattia and Archie roberts" from their picks.
Incidentally we have four of five of these players (and may possibly have two of them by tomorrow night).
Not that we have to take them, but it does put into perspective what some North supporters were hoping for before their later selections (and how important individual club priorities are).

We need more mids. We only have 3 mids outside of our best 22 by my count.
We will get another elite midfielder in the draft next year (likely a top 5 pick).
We should definitely consider another midfielder in this draft, but there are other holes we can fill this year as well.

Stoked to get Reid!!!

1. Simpson
2. Frejaih
3. Hastie

Walk away happy. If Bevan from WP couldn’t get drafted last year, no chance of Hall making it!!

We only missed out on Moir, Collards high risk and not a need.

He's good mates with Walters and a number of other freo players, and is a freo supporter himself, he would go there if traded home.
Walters won't be playing in 2026.

Champion will get drafted by us next year and would be in his ear.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Melbourne’s offer for pick 1 was 6,11,42 and their F1

We’d have taken Curtin with a choice of Tholstrup, Leake, Wilson, Hardeman plus Melbourne’s F1

North’s offer was 2,15,17 at best from what was reported meaning Curtin/McKercher and 2 of Hardeman, C Edwards, DeMattia, Goad or Collard

I’m thrilled we JTR
i think o'brien said the north offer was for 3, 15 and 17 in the post draft presser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back