List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everyone thinking Darcy Cameron will be such a good get? I mean, he might be, but is it purely because he wants to come to the Pies?
I'm all for it, we need the ruck depth, but has anyone actually seen him play?

- Harley Bennell, why not take the risk. Look at the Tigers with Pickett, nothing ventured nothing gained, if you take them on and they cause problems/do nothing then delist them.
- What a fantastic choice Mihocek has been - durable, competitive, productive, respects his chance in the AFL. Now, let's go get another 3-4 state league players and hope we hit the jackpot again on a couple of them. Why not take the best 2-3 tall goal kickers playing in state leagues around Aus and see if a full time football career can help them take the leap.

Don't agree about Bennell ... way too many red flags there. But there is other state league talent out there for sure. If only our VFL team was more of a destination for players then we could rope some talented players in.... have them do a preseason under our noses.... then snap one of them up in the mid season draft.

Agree with the scepticism around Darcy Cameron. But if he costs only a pick in the 50s - no more - then I'm prepared to trust Hines judgement and see him as potentially good competition for Cox at ruck forward.

Mind you, Sydney will try and get pick 33 from us... if we pay that I'll crack it

End of 2017 Grundy was suspended for a game. Cox was our main ruck vs Geelong. Got a lazy 43 hitouts and 2 goals.

And please stop with the ‘myth of Cox’ BS. I’m not actually a big Cox fan, but it’s got to the point that you’re talking him down to ludicrous levels. No vertical leap? That’s garbage and you know it.

A guy putting his hand up in the air because he’s taller than everyone else doesn’t mean he can jump

He cannot junp over Grundy and I watch enough football to see this.

In fact he wouldn’t get more elevation than Elliott in a standing jump.

He’s only trait is he’s taller than everyone else but he cannot get off the ground.

people are way too harsh on the recuiting in recent years. We havent filled the KPF void but lets look what we HAVE gotten:

Jack Crisp - hasnt missed a game since arrival
Taylor Adams - next captain of the club
Adam Treloar - star mid of the AFL (most disp. 2019)
Lynden Dunn - serviceable
Jordan Roughead - absolute bargain, recruit of the year
Daniel Wells - always injured, but when playing was great
Travis Varcoe - poor 2019, 2018 and years prior great
Will Hoskin-Elliott - best 22, not a great 2018 but great 2019
Dayne Beams - didnt get to see much this yr, no doubt be great next season
Levi Greenwood - very good season, well worth the pickup a few yrs ago
Jeremy Howe - brilliant player for us, saved our asses many times
James Aish - fills a need and if required great depth. worth the pickup
Chris Mayne - people saying words against this guy have no clue. Mr Fix It.

Now for the ones not at the club anymore
Jesse White - absolute fail, but the club needed a KPF so i see why we got him. Didnt turn out to be the guy, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Quentin Lynch - exactly same thing as White
Luke Ball - the injection of him made our midfield what it was. Him and the next bloke are the reason we went 1 step further and won the flag in 2010.
Darren Jolly - see above.
Leigh Brown - was very handy for us back when ppl thought his career was done. Played here there and everywhere and just got it done.
Paul Medhurst - came from Freo and was a 50 goal a year player. Brilliant pickup, one of the best of the last 20yrs for us.
Anthony Rocca - This is going way back but cant be ignored.
Brodie Holland - same as Rocca
Paul Licuria - same as Holland
Shane O'Bree - need I keep going?

There are so many more. Case closed.

Cox is taller, gets more elevation (Grundy can barely get one foot off the ground most of the time) and taps to advantage more often. Grundy's taps to advantage are non existent. Blind taps over the head to no-one in particular doesn't count. Don't know what you're watching tbh.

He's still a great ruck all that being said, in terms of getting hands on ball around the ground. What I'm suggesting is we downgrade on our ruck stocks slightly for one of the league's best forwards. Cameron in our team would be outstanding.

This isn’t a slight downgrade...you’re suggesting something almost at nuclear levels.

If we go into a season as Cox as our #1, it would be a serious failure at this football club.

What time?

Sorry - I had intended to put a link in to the details in that reply - it's there now.

Looks like it's a last minute thing so not appearing on any TV guides yet:

TV Broadcast times on Seven:
The Trade Game

Monday September 30

Perth 8.30pm on 7mate and 7plus
Melbourne 10.30pm on 7mate and 7plus
Adelaide 10.00pm on 7mate and 7plus

Wednesday October 2
Perth 7.30pm on 7mate and 7plus
Melbourne 7.30pm on 7mate and 7plus
Adelaide 7.30pm on 7mate and 7plus

Monday October 7

Wednesday October 9

Monday October 14

Wednesday October 16

A guy putting his hand up in the air because he’s taller than everyone else doesn’t mean he can jump

He’s only trait is he’s taller than everyone else but he cannot get off the ground.
43CA93BF-DE2F-45EA-9FFE-1F18994CB6E9.jpeg

Yep. Can’t jump at all. Can you just admit you’re full of s**t on this one? I actually agree with most of what you say about Cox, but this assertation he can’t jump is just ludicrous.

I noticed you failed to address the fact that he has indeed played successfully as a first ruck too. Just admit you got this stuff wrong, it’s getting cringeworthy now.

Mason has a vertical jump reach of 364 cm nic nat is at 356cm, yes mason is taller and has longer arms but he can still reach higher then anyone else in the league his pure vertical leap is not really relevant when he can reach that high

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 755509

Yep. Can’t jump at all. Can you just admit you’re full of s**t on this one? I actually agree with most of what you say about Cox, but this assertation he can’t jump is just ludicrous.

I noticed you failed to address the fact that he has indeed played successfully as a first ruck too. Just admit you got this stuff wrong, it’s getting cringeworthy now.

Mate he was running at that ball from a fair way back with nobody jumping in front of him—with full momentum.

The centre circle doesn’t give you an unlimited run up at the ball.

Cox cannot be a #1 ruck and I don’t give a s**t how much man love you have for him——he is an ordinary footballer.
He ain’t fit to carry Grundys left testicle

Could people please stop comparing Bennell to Stack and Pickett? The guy has played 2 games in 4 years and none in the last two.
Pickett and Stack had their issues, just like Bennell, but they actually had a solid block of quality football behind them when they were picked up. Bennell has literally spent the last half his career in rehab. There’s no way we should be even contemplating a guy like that, even without the off field stuff.
It's staggering that there are so many posters who think it would be a good idea bringing in a chronically injured guy like Bennell. With our injury management! Straight after the wells debacle! Some slow learners on here.

(Daniher will definitely be at the Bombers or Swans) But...if he was available I would trade large amounts to get him, including Elliot and next year's first.

If we somehow managed to have Daniher, Moore, Grundy, DeGoey and Stephenson together for the next 5 years we would be odds on to snag a flag or two.

Mate he was running at that ball from a fair way back with nobody jumping in front of him—with full momentum.

So you’re going to ignore the fact that he’s already performed well in the first ruck position in Grundy’s absence then. I thought as much. I could almost guarantee that Cox would equal or better Grundy in a standing vertical leap test too. You’ve still provided zero evidence to the contrary, just your own opinion.
Cox cannot be a #1 ruck and I don’t give a s**t how much man love you have for him——he is an ordinary footballer.
Not sure how many times I have to repeat that I’m not a Cox fan boy. The bulk of what you’ve written about his deficiencies as a forward I’ve wholeheartedly agreed with. This latest spray at him though is laughable. You’ve stated he can’t play 1st ruck when he’s already done it successfully, and you’ve said that he can’t jump when it’s very very clear that he can. Now, would he be close to Grundy playing the same position? Very unlikely. Not because of anything to do with his jumping or tapwork, or tank, but purely because he doesn’t have the capacity to impact at ground level, nor have the speed or agility or gut running ability to become that extra mid/link man that Grundy does, which makes him heads and shoulders the best ruck in the league. I’d imagine as a permanent ruck he would be the rough equivalent of Witts, but with more capacity to float forward and kick a goal.

So what about that +40 hitout and 2 goal game as the #1 ruck?

I’m also now moving toward the view that a godfather offer needs to be made to Cameron. Not for 2020, but 2021. Lynch was the difference between a Richmond and Collingwood premiership in 19 because with him we beat GWS and without him Richmond lose to Geelong.

Rather than pinning our hopes on the likes of D Cameron or taking Riccardi in the draft both or Cox bringing it together we need someone to add a lot to the mix. For that to happen though we need to lose guys.

That would be at around the time Pendles, Sidebottom and Beams retire/reduce salaries. We need to reinvigorate the midfield anyway so why not start that now? In preparation for when those guys play different roles or are gone. It's in our best interests anyway given the last two years results. De Goey and Crisp are two players within our list which offer good options through midfield. Use that space on Cameron.

That’s what I meant by there’s being a different mix to fit their structure. Pace is a big sore point for me with our outside mids all treacle slow (Mayne, Phillips and Steele). I think we need to address how we move the ball, how we structure up in defence and the mix within those structures.

In terms of pace I’d be going to draft to resolve that and trading for height with Howard the primary target this off-season. Sacrificing a slower mid to increase our trade currency would be on my agenda, but I suspect the club will back in their contest first mantra.

If we got Howard do you move Moore forward?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back