Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MightyTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
You still get updates. You just have to manually do them. And by manually I mean put the game in the PS3 and play it. You also get system updates that will download automatically when you log in to PSN.

Automatic updates means it downloads when you turn on the PS3 whenever you get game updates. You don't have to start the game to download them.

Are the fps drops and graphics lag when you have 3-4 bars?

Thanks for clearing that up, read it totally wrong then.

And yeah the fps drops and graphics lag happens when i have 3-4 bars.

I think I will trade my PS3, I used to have 360 and the only reason why I bought a PS3 was because I had gotten the rrod twice on separate 360s.

However the gameplay and online gameplay was of much better quality then PS3, although I still like PS3 but have a soft spot for 360.

BTW this is the official forum to Bops, every second thread is about how bad the game is so I'm not the only one. :D

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewforum.php?f=72&sid=fj2rjks9crcr4jkijd5h7qkk22

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - Part IV

You should read the official Bops forum :p thousands of people are complaining about it with the odd person who says they have no issue (your one of them I guess).

People are hardly going to go on the official bops forums and say "I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH THE GAME IT IS FINE". You will always get that. Have a look at whirlpool forums. The majority of people don't have problems with certain ISPs, for example lets say TPG. But if you go to the TPG forums there will be more threads and posts complaining about the problems they do have, rather than the problems they don't have.

I just don't think you should swap consoles for a game that is multiplatform and unlikely to be that much better.

People are hardly going to go on the official bops forums and say "I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH THE GAME IT IS FINE". You will always get that. Have a look at whirlpool forums. The majority of people don't have problems with certain ISPs, for example lets say TPG. But if you go to the TPG forums there will be more threads and posts complaining about the problems they do have, rather than the problems they don't have.

I just don't think you should swap consoles for a game that is multiplatform and unlikely to be that much better.

The only reason I checked the Official forums is because at first I thought I was the only one with the issues, so after doing some searching I found out I'm not the only one.

Also my reasoning for switching platforms isn't solely because of Bops, Xbox are getting alot of exclusive games now, I also feel that 360 offered alot more in terms of quality even though they had major hardware issues.

As I said I still really like PS3 but feel apart from COD and GOW Sony doesn't really have many attractive exclusive games anymore, and now that Microsoft has bought out Cod to get exclusive content first there really isn't many things that makes PS3 stand out.

The only reason I checked the Official forums is because at first I thought I was the only one with the issues, so after doing some searching I found out I'm not the only one.

Also my reasoning for switching platforms isn't solely because of Bops, Xbox are getting alot of exclusive games now, I also feel that 360 offered alot more in terms of quality even though they had major hardware issues.

As I said I still really like PS3 but feel apart from COD and GOW Sony doesn't really have many attractive exclusive games anymore, and now that Microsoft has bought out Cod to get exclusive content first there really isn't many things that makes PS3 stand out.
Get both.

depends what type of genres you like. Sony definitely has not only a broader range of genres but the exclusives tend to be of a lot higher production quality than anything on 360.

Killzone 2
Uncharted 1 & 2
Little Big planet
GT5
Metal Gear 4
Heavy Rain
God Of War 3

and thats just in my collection

The reason for this is Sony spends alot of money on game development, where as MS spends ridiculous amounts on advertising and i cant play advertising.

if anything, MS lack attractive exclusives which is why i sold mine and the CoD thing doesnt bother me, i can wait a month for my wallet to be raped with a $15 map pack :D unless you really want to pay to unlock multiplayer features that come on the disc you've already paid for :confused:

depends what type of genres you like. Sony definitely has not only a broader range of genres but the exclusives tend to be of a lot higher production quality than anything on 360.

Killzone 2
Uncharted 1 & 2
Little Big planet
GT5
Metal Gear 4
Heavy Rain
God Of War 3

The reason for this is Sony spends alot of money on game development, where as MS spends ridiculous amounts on advertising and i cant play advertising.

if anything, MS lack attractive exclusives which is why i sold mine and the CoD thing doesnt bother me, i can wait a month for my wallet to be raped with a $15 map pack :D unless you really want to pay to unlock multiplayer features that come on the disc you've already paid for :confused:

Very true about what genres people like, for the only really standout game on that list is GOW3 and MGS4, Uncharted 2 was fun was one of the best games I've played graphics wise, however MGS4 is now not exclusive to PS3, MGS is bringing out another version for 360 called Rising which is exclusive to 360 only.

[youtube]AtM3PGyiQUc[/youtube]

Have a look at these clips, unbiased view for each platform with in depth detail about each games pros and cons, the bottom clip has 12 parts to it and I suggest any serious gamer to watch it for a better understanding of how your platform works. :)

[youtube]fARdxkovMhQ[/youtube]

Very true about what genres people like, for the only really standout game on that list is GOW3 and MGS4, Uncharted 2 was fun was one of the best games I've played graphics wise, however MGS4 is now not exclusive to PS3, MGS is bringing out another version for 360 called Rising which is exclusive to 360 only.

[youtube]AtM3PGyiQUc[/youtube]
You have some serious lack of knowledge on all things gaming.

No MGS4 is not 'not exclusive to PS3'. MGS4 will stay and be exclusive to PS3 for as long as the system is around.

MGS Rising is a multiplatform title and will be NOTHING like MGS4. It might be good, but it's NOTHING close to what MGS4 was and will basically be a more GoW type of game (hack and slash).

But go change your console for reasons that you obviously have no idea about anyway, you're throwing your money down the drain for nothing.

Both PS3 and 360 versions of Blops have been having issues, the framerate issues are really very minor and the lag, well if you don't get lag in online games at all ever then you've obviously got the most ridiculous net of all time or you're bullshitting. It's made even worse by COD's terrible online system that still really doesn't have a solid host selection, host migration or actual region search.

Every game has issues, when you have 10 million people playing said game those issues get exacerbated times a billion, it's nature.

If you're trading for a 360, you are doing it because you have more friends on there. Otherwise, you really are wasting your money.

No MGS4 is not 'not exclusive to PS3'. MGS4 will stay and be exclusive to PS3 for as long as the system is around.

Not to mention this...

[youtube]C1Hbd_HbO78[/youtube]

:D

Have a look at these clips, unbiased view for each platform with in depth detail about each games pros and cons, the bottom clip has 12 parts to it and I suggest any serious gamer to watch it for a better understanding of how your platform works. :)

Oh the ironies.....

HBK hit it on the head.

You have some serious lack of knowledge on all things gaming.

It's n00bs like you that spread incorrect statements as gospel that I hate the most....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have both and I think there both equally good as each other so you'd be pissing into the wind if your traded it in.

However the things I like better on the 360 are the controller and the overall online experience (excluding lag, they seem the same)

But microsoft pushed me over the edge when my xbox RRoD'd for the third time and they said i'd have to pay, that's when i bought i PS3 (since then I've fixed my xbox manually)

Basically just get what most of your friends have, in my case my friends have PS3's so I havent played my 360 for a long time now. But the new 360 looks class

^^ Agree with above, not much difference between the two. RROD issues are no longer with the new model and 3 year warranty on RROD means you're covered.

Only thing I don't like about the PS3 its controller. If I was to get a PS3 on as well I would get that cross battle adapter or something similar to use the superior 360 controller on the PS3.

I have both and I think there both equally good as each other so you'd be pissing into the wind if your traded it in.

However the things I like better on the 360 are the controller and the overall online experience (excluding lag, they seem the same)

But microsoft pushed me over the edge when my xbox RRoD'd for the third time and they said i'd have to pay, that's when i bought i PS3 (since then I've fixed my xbox manually)

Basically just get what most of your friends have, in my case my friends have PS3's so I havent played my 360 for a long time now. But the new 360 looks class

LOL you got raped, how could you fall for that.

If I was to get a PS3 on as well I would get that cross battle adapter or something similar to use the superior 360 controller on the PS3.
Please:

images

That photo shows the two styles I have seen people use. I prefer the left side where I am just using my thumbs and index finger. It feels awkward if I use my middle finger for anything.

I mean what the **** is that s**t. Seriously. The dual shock is the greatest video game controller ever made.

Please:

I mean what the **** is that s**t. Seriously. The dual shock is the greatest video game controller ever made.
xbox controller shits all over the PS3. Fits perfectly in the hands, whereas the dualshock is tiny. And the left analog stick is perfect.

Seriously. The dual shock is the greatest video game controller ever made.

My preference, the PS one feels flimsy and the analogue sticks are too close together. As to the picture, never held it like that. I use the thumb from the right analog stick to the press the buttons

Also don't like how you have to press a button not a trigger on FPS using the dual shock.

Seriously. The dual shock is the greatest video game controller ever made.

I second this.

My preference, the PS one feels flimsy and the analogue sticks are too close together. As to the picture, never held it like that. I use the thumb from the right analog stick to the press the buttons

Also don't like how you have to press a button not a trigger on FPS using the dual shock.

Do you have big hands? The PS one is perfect for me. I hate the d-pad and also the analog sticks on the 360 controller. They are not as precise in my opinion, especially that ****ing d-pad. Jeez it's absolute shite.

Do you have big hands? The PS one is perfect for me. I hate the d-pad and also the analog sticks on the 360 controller. They are not as precise in my opinion, especially that ****ing d-pad. Jeez it's absolute shite.

Big hands? Don't think so? Only about 5'10 tall so guess I'm average? I like how the analog sticks concave over the PS3 sticks. D-pad is barely used in most games so I don't notice it to be good or bad.

Anyway my opinion, had the PS1 never really liked the controller, and it hasn't changed much since.

Killzone 2
Uncharted 1 & 2
Little Big planet
GT5
Metal Gear 4
Heavy Rain
God Of War 3

What a terrible opinion.

Oh god they're everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back