Player Watch Travis Varcoe (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Still can't get enough man-love for how good Trav has been this year.
The doubts on him over the summer from some on here look absolutely ridiculous now.

When we eventually get over the disappointments of this season, we can spend some time rhapsodising about Varcoe. In fact, we can squeeze that in during the interminable waiting for the trade period to end.

But in all seriousness it has been hard to fault him. His attitude, effort, hardness, it has all been top notch.

Totally agree...he's been a revelation...I just wish he'd ditch that dodgy mo..

Is he ok, was on the bench in the last, was that just precautionary?

Is he ok, was on the bench in the last, was that just precautionary?

That was my impression from the commentary and that he looked pretty comfortable talking to the physios back there - did not look like he was getting, or needing, any work done.

I'm hoping it was just a matter of being precautionary, as you say, and not risking him in a game that we had clearly won.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have always been a big fan of this guy, but I'd like to officially announce to you all.

I have found my replacement for Alan Didak.

TRAVIS VARCOE, YOU'RE OFFICIALLY MY FAVOURITE PLAYER.

This guy is just so bloody underrated, yet integral to our side!

Love the speed, always gives 110%, super skilful and has to be one of the best tacklers in the AFL.

Note it down ladies and gentlemen, Varcoe has taken the #1 mantle with PL87.

Always shocked by his low possession counts, he has huge impact despite not winning a heap of it. Great at tackling and very clean at picking up the ball. Getting back to last years form.
I still reckon he is out of form, but he is still having a huge influence.

I reckon he and Adams are real barometers of our side

I still reckon he is out of form, but he is still having a huge influence.

I reckon he and Adams are real barometers of our side

His Defensive Pressure hides that he does not get a Ton of it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back