Player Watch Travis Varcoe (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Varcoe literally cannot defend kicks above his head, were lucky hawks never really went forward with any cohesion.

To be fair as bad as Varcoe was against Essendon I feel he really turned it around against the Hawks. You can only play against the opposition you face and he presented well, tackled hard, and disposed relatively well.

I would have dropped him after the Dons, I'm glad they gave him another chance. When you have IQ & Atu in the side it pays to have an older guy around in the same manner that Sav benefited from having Derm on the ground.

To be fair as bad as Varcoe was against Essendon I feel he really turned it around against the Hawks. You can only play against the opposition you face and he presented well, tackled hard, and disposed relatively well.

I would have dropped him after the Dons, I'm glad they gave him another chance. When you have IQ & Atu in the side it pays to have an older guy around in the same manner that Sav benefited from having Derm on the ground.

Agree. I would have dropped him after the Bombers game but doubt he’s going anywhere after his performance against the Hawks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back