Toast Travis Varcoe

Remove this Banner Ad

Ling said before the injuries he was doing that stuff all the time but the last two years he had struggled with his body

2012 and 2013 actually. Last year he played every game for the Cats. Its one reason I was hopeful he'd turn into a decent recruit because his injury troubles seemed to be behind him and he'd be able to have a full preseason.

In his first five years and again last season he averaged over 20 games per year.
Only 2012-13 were write-offs

Well done to the man, I certainly wasn't enamoured with picking him up but if that becomes the standard then I'll be eating this weekly........ & gladly.

humble-pie.jpg

Well done to the man, I certainly wasn't enamoured with picking him up but if that becomes the standard then I'll be eating this weekly........ & gladly.

humble-pie.jpg
Aristotle (384 BCE - 322 BCE): "One swallow does not a summer make, nor one fine day; similarly one day or brief time of happiness does not make a person entirely happy."
I may wait to make an apology.

I think the comments are pretty consistent.
From individual posters maybe, but week 1 there's positive comments, week two the negative comments are scathing, and week three seems peachy again. The tone overall is very odd for something labelled as a toast thread

For me the jury is still out. Too much of a spectator, I know sometimes players need t hang out to get the quick handball but surely not if the ball player is out numbered.
Hopefully he can turn it on against his old team but needs to be more consistent for mine.

We saw a couple of weeks ago that he has it in him and he is a class finisher (we saw that last night) - needs to narrow the gap between his best and worst and work harder when it's not going his way (which is the thing he appears to lack at the moment)...

One thing I have noticed about his game is that he does not go to ground. Seems to be very well balanced.
Earlier on in the year there were a few passages of play where I thought he should have gone in harder. But watching him a bit more closely he seems to try to use his brain not brawn to win possession.
Not every player in the team can be an in and under beast.
I am warming to him with each passing game. Love the Crisp and Adams type players but you still need a couple of guys like Varcoe in the side.

He's done well and better than I was expecting, but still think we over payed for him. I thought he was worth a 3rd round pick and the Dees were prepared to give us a 2nd round pick for Harry. Would've been a better deal for us to do that than direct swap for Harry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He shows glimpses of brilliance mixed with some WTF moments
I put it down to the "Luke Ball effect" It took Luke Ball about 10 games before our style of play and team structures all clicked into place for him

Bump. What a superb performance. Don't know if I was drunk or what but I have never felt more at ease than when the ball was in his hands. He was class tonight.

Varcoe has always been good by Foot

I have to admit I was wrong, I thought he only had one good game before joining us... a game we all know well... :mad:

Been much better than I thought and I am happy to have egg on my face on this one, adds more to us than Harry and our best snap at goal since Leon.
I look forward to seeing him in our side for a while to come.

Uses his run and carry down back, which ii what I like to see.

He has had very serious shoulder injuries. Have admiration for the way he has fought back from them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back