Player Watch Travis Varcoe (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tbone McGraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I will start by saying i am not sure why we wanted to pick him up during the off season.

However, he has completely proven me wrong. He may not be the most physical player but he adds so much intelligence and improves our skills greatly.

I am now thinking we may have won that 3 way trade. I definitely prefer him with the ball over Lumamba. Mitch Clark is the big query.

Are most other pies supporters happy with him so far?

I will start by saying i am not sure why we wanted to pick him up during the off season.

However, he has completely proven me wrong. He may not be the most physical player but he adds so much intelligence and improves our skills greatly.

I am now thinking we may have won that 3 way trade. I definitely prefer him with the ball over Lumamba. Mitch Clark is the big query.

Are most other pies supporters happy with him so far?

Played very well today. Hope he keeps it up.

Was always going to be a good player. Maybe not a great player.
Needs to keep this output up when faced by better opposition.
Agree with the win on the three way though.
Can't see him having a sook about a poster in the change rooms.
Can't see him coming off the ground in tears even after the game was won.

He showed some character when the game was in the balance, he slipped over and missed a mark in the D50, but he still got back in, affected the contest and ran away with the ball.

This

I was really dirty on the club for bringing two spuds in Varcoe and Crisp, but boy have they proved me wrong! Varcoe gives us what we desperately needed last year in quality ball use. Really happy with him over Lumumba.

When he gets it he uses it brilliantly. Need to see him get it 20 times a game every game. That would be rewarding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clean takes, clever, fast and very good user.

Been excellent for some time now so I'm not 'waiting to see'. Most of this season bar fist few rounds has put in very solid efforts.
Yep. Whenever he has the ball especially in space, I'm expecting a good result from his kick. I'm very confident when he has the ball in his hands.

He's been very good so far this year.

I was in the NO camp after watching his insipid season closely last year. Having a much better year this year with us. Hope he keeps it up against the better sides after the bye. :thumbsu:

As surprised as anyone that he has succeeded. Very pleased that he has. Likewise Crisp. I expected nothing but we got a huge present.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back