Opinion Treloar, meet kitchen sink

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not believe for a second Treloar is coming to RFC.

But if he wanted to come for me you could have anyone except Rance, Cotch, Dusty, TV who I think value has not been realised yet, JR is too Richmond now anyway, Lids.

For me to get Treloar even Vlastuin or Ellis would not be out of the question, but I do not think they are a good thing to leave RFC. Having said that the youngsters would be handy in GWS in terms of them winning a premiership into the future. I don't really see Ellis leaving as he seems a terrific clubman and Vlas is only young and is settling in well.

I really think Griffiths full potential has not been realised either but to get Treloar, if he wanted to go to GWS where he will likely win a premiership anyway, I do not have an issue with it. Biting my tongue about it though a little. Really would like us to keep Griff tbh because he offers so much for our structure.

I like what a Kruzeur, TV, Griff set-up could bring rotated between forward and ruck tbh.

Griff is probably worth more to us than u guys so he probably stays on reflection.

I consider Treloar an absolute peach so something can probably get arranged.
You know I just looked at his profile, 182cm, doesn't seem right. Thought he was taller than that!
Hmm might have a re-think and would be FA in 4 years time.
Stop Talking!

It's still early days for McBean and it seems he will need to put on at least 10 kg to compete in a key position role. If he is genetically unable to do so, should the Club consider grooming him as a tall outside midfielder. He seems to have pace, good ground skills and can kick goals. I know it's a bit out there but he could be the AFL equivalent of that 6 foot 7 inch point guard of the 1980s - Magic Johnson. He'd be a scary match up.

A wingman like the Cho ???

It's still early days for McBean and it seems he will need to put on at least 10 kg to compete in a key position role. If he is genetically unable to do so, should the Club consider grooming him as a tall outside midfielder. He seems to have pace, good ground skills and can kick goals. I know it's a bit out there but he could be the AFL equivalent of that 6 foot 7 inch point guard of the 1980s - Magic Johnson. He'd be a scary match up.
No. He doesn't have anywhere near the running capacity. People are selling Richo's incredible athletic ability well short to suggest guys like Griff and Beanie could do the same thing. Richo was a freak.

Different players.

Not one of those is a genuine ruckman...Vickery maybe but his best spot is CHF.

I like a move for Kruezer.
Vickery has never played CHF. He is a genuine ruckman. A combo of he and Griff can be a great pairing, certainly good enough not to spend on another ruckman what we would get more value from elsewhere. We have finite resources, and a limited number of spots in the team. We need mids, running backs, small forwards and even a key defender more than we need another ruck. Priorities.

i wonder what magic looks like
Magic-Johnson-Magic-of-Winning.jpg

We are going to need a ruckman soon. Maric hasn't got long left. Whether or not that player is Kreuzer I'm not sure. But the lulz if he plays great footy for us would be massive. :D

Kreuzer wouldn't walk from Carlton unless they wanted him to...unlikely. Would cost too much in a trade.

Can't see it happening and a bit risky.

Burger from Brissy has plenty of upside. Should be reaching his heights in 3 years when Ivan is completely cooked.

If we got Burger & one of Treloar or Motlop then we would have done extremely well.

I also wouldn't be against Carlisle - although not sure on his contract, FA position and Essendon are ridiculous to trade with.... In fast they're ridiculous full stop.

Asthbury can go to Brisbane for trade if we were to get another defender in. Otherwise keep him as the replacement for Chaplin.

no, no, no, spent a fair bit of time around GCFC, and harley himself, very unprofessional, has issues with social behaviour, and doesn't respect his body.

that calf niggle that he had last year, should've been a 1 weeker at most, but instead of rehabbing and doing his recovery, he's out for dinners, on his feet far too late, shrugging off training to sit on the masseuse bench. missed a lot more footy than he should've.

doesn't take the game seriously, i reckon he'll be back in WA in the next 2-3 years, and out of football in 5 years.
he comes across to me as a player that from jnr age he's been told how good he is & he seems to think that means he doesn't have to work at it.

Lets get Yarran...

The single laziest footballer in the game today, i go to alot of footy and have spent alot of time watching this bloke and he is putrid, walks around puts his hands on his knees points his finger does NOTHING without the ball, than looks to get a handball receive so will run a little try and link up complain about not being used continue to walk, No thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he comes across to me as a player that from jnr age he's been told how good he is & he seems to think that means he doesn't have to work at it.
yeah spot on, when something happens, its not him, its someone else's fault. me me me.
lazy, showboat, one way player. everything we don't need.

Okay, I might cop some heat for suggesting this, but I'd seriously consider the following:

Out - Vlastuin + 1st rounder

In - Treloar + Bugg/Kennedy

I love Vlas, but this is the kind of trade we'd have to agree to in order to land Treloar IMO.

Okay, I might cop some heat for suggesting this, but I'd seriously consider the following:

I love Vlas, but this is the kind of trade we'd have to agree to in order to land Treloar IMO.
I reckon we'd be able to offer our first and someone like astbury for their third.

I reckon we'd be able to offer our first and someone like astbury for their third.

And I don't think that'll be enough. Treloar would be just about the most valuable young mid in the comp along with guys like Bontempelli and Wines. A mid first round pick and third string defender won't get it done IMO.

And I don't think that'll be enough. Treloar would be just about the most valuable young mid in the comp along with guys like Bontempelli and Wines. A mid first round pick and third string defender won't get it done IMO.
Astbury is worth a pick in the second round at least - and gws need decent defenders

Maybe without their third round coming back, but I think if an offer like that would be considered, especially if the player wants out and nominates us

we need to be careful as we can see what we have already can play at the highest level

so we can't trade anyone that is imperative to the structure - which is why talk of Griff and Vick is rediculous

first draft pick won't be enough, but maybe an Astbury/Madonna might help - but look at it from another view - would we be happy trading a Dusty for their first round (regardless of it being earlier than ours), and a key position that was injury prone and not playing regular senior footy - NUP

we need to throw the cash, and make him make them trade for what we are offering - thats the trick - and unsure whether we have enough to be able to pull it off (not the cash side)

the big hope we have is their cap space - they might need to offload one of these to keep the Kelly's, etc they have already been 'given'

front end the shisen out of the contract offer

A lot of heat. Vlas is a star in the making. Not giving up him with a pick that is likely another Corey Ellis.

No thanks.
Vlaustin would be in the untouchable list along with Jack, Ellis x 2, Martin, Cotch, Lids, Edwards, Rance, Houli, Miles, Vickery, Griff, Grigg.

Asthbury and 1st rounder maybe.

No thanks.
Vlaustin would be in the untouchable list along with Jack, Ellis x 2, Martin, Cotch, Lids, Edwards, Rance, Houli, Miles, Vickery, Griff, Grigg.

Asthbury and 1st rounder maybe.
No way known that the bolded are untouchable. I'd rather keep all of them obviously, but I'd say we only have 6-7 players max that we wouldn't entertain realistic offers for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back