Opinion Treloar, meet kitchen sink

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know who I would be interested in, Dom Tyson who is not there anymore.

But I still think RFC could pick up a Tomlinson, to Haynes or others like Bugg, Wilson etc.. to help with picks if hit suits you guys.

It is not like we do not have holes in our team.

Just requires a bit of creativity to get the right fit IMO.

Side like West Coast might get involved as you have a few WA players to
Freo are into McCarthy (2017) and WCE Coniglio (2015). Pickett (2017) unsighted yet so no real clamouring for him from the West.

Tomlinson contracted for another 2 years after this one. Haynes, hopefully seen as an untouchable on the list, but off contract next year.

Bugg/Wilson/Buntine/Palmer all off contract this year. All are good players. Can't see Bugg or Palmer leaving though, just a vibe about them sticking around for as long as the club wants them.

Willow and Bunners? Closer to gone than staying in my books.

From where mate? Especially Kennedy.
I'd like to know where that came from.

Hopper has been well known since last year and somebody told me at start of this year to watch out for Kennedy as he'll probably shoot into top 10 calculations.

And don't think he hasn't the better draft Journo's (Twomey, Anderson and Quayle) have all written articles or tweets as early as April saying he is in top 10 calculations. At worst someone will bid between 10-15.

Hopper is maybe a 10-15 selection at this stage, but his star is rising.

Kennedy is mid 30s. Any talk of them being ranked higher is a furphy and driven by Eddie McGuire puppets.

Kennedy (academy kid) hadn't even been mentioned until the last month, and suddenly he is a top 10? And now he's broken his leg badly and not playing for the rest of the year...Still a Top 10?
Haven't paid much attention to the draft, but what I have heard is that both yourselves and Sydney need to make some big decisions with regards the academy/Father Son picks. Haven't heard Eddie say anything about it more those that watch the kids every week. Hence my constant searching for a way to get something from either the Swans or Giants that involves us trading our first pick for a quality kid.

Freo are into McCarthy (2017) and WCE Coniglio (2015). Pickett (2017) unsighted yet so no real clamouring for him from the West.

Tomlinson contracted for another 2 years after this one. Haynes, hopefully seen as an untouchable on the list, but off contract next year.

Bugg/Wilson/Buntine/Palmer all off contract this year. All are good players. Can't see Bugg or Palmer leaving though, just a vibe about them sticking around for as long as the club wants them.

Willow and Bunners? Closer to gone than staying in my books.

I like Buntime and Wilson. They are not spectacular but I see value and promise.

The Freo interest is interesting. We would not compete but maybe we could assist be picking up Weller for a pick/player combo to help them meet your needs.

Thinking a little bit more laterally if we could get Blakely as part of a deal(even though from WA) that could help solve some of our immediate inside mid puzzles and we could also trade Blakely back to Freo at some stage when it suits both parties

Last edited:
Haven't paid much attention to the draft, but what I have heard is that both yourselves and Sydney need to make some big decisions with regards the academy/Father Son picks. Haven't heard Eddie say anything about it more those that watch the kids every week. Hence my constant searching for a way to get something from either the Swans or Giants that involves us trading our first pick for a quality kid.
Eddie doesn't say much any more because he's got what he wanted. The academy kids now cost us a lot more.

Mate, are you serious? Laughable. Vlas will be a better footballer than Treloar, and any first round pick we have made in recent years has been gold IMO. No way would the Club look at that deal IMO.

Just keep doing what we have been doing. Keep first round pick and use it wisely building the list with youthful talent through the draft.

Yes I'm serious. And don't call me shirley.

Vlas will not be a better footballer than Treloar. Treloar would have gone close to pick 1 if he were drafted through the ND. He's 22 years old and ranked 8th in the comp for total disposals, 30% of which are contested. He's an inside/outside hybrid, dual sided, quick, goal kicking beast of a midfielder. Vlas is an awesome LMID but he is not even close to Treloar's level as an overall package.

As I have stated in other posts, I'd rather trade others ahead of him, of course. But we need to be realistic about Treloar's worth. No point postulating pick 9 + Nahas for Dom Tyson type trades that will never happen.

Treloar won't nominate any one club IMO - it'll be a bidding war.

Treloar is a freak, I'd trade Vlastuin in a hearbeat for him.

I hate to say it but me to. I would go so far as to trade our first and Vlastuin for him i rate treloar that much. treloar is a kid still but has the potential to dominate the comp as a inside/outside mid. They dont come around very often.

If it was up to me, I would try to keep Vlastuin as i rate him as our next captain. I would pray vickerys form continues and trade him and a second rounder for Treloar and hope GWS buys it :p

I hate to say it but me to. I would go so far as to trade our first and Vlastuin for him i rate treloar that much. treloar is a kid still but has the potential to dominate the comp as a inside/outside mid. They dont come around very often.

If it was up to me, I would try to keep Vlastuin as i rate him as our next captain. I would pray vickerys form continues and trade him and a second rounder for Treloar and hope GWS buys it :p
can we trade our first and Conca for him??? Lol

Vlas will not be a better footballer than Treloar. Treloar would have gone close to pick 1 if he were drafted through the ND. He's 22 years old and ranked 8th in the comp for total disposals, 30% of which are contested. He's an inside/outside hybrid, dual sided, quick, goal kicking beast of a midfielder. Vlas is an awesome LMID but he is not even close to Treloar's level as an overall package.

As I have stated in other posts, I'd rather trade others ahead of him, of course. But we need to be realistic about Treloar's worth. No point postulating pick 9 + Nahas for Dom Tyson type trades that will never happen.

This is a fair point. Which is why - if Treloar is available - I don't think we'll get him.

It would take a first round pick and someone like Vlastuin or Edwards to get Treloar... and I don't believe Richmond will entertain that.

Make no mistakes Treloar is a DEAD SET GUN!

But Richmond is not in the business of trading players like Vlastuin... Dimma loves him, he is the type of player who makes the club culture - so even though Treloar is a better player, it could do more harm to trade Vlastuin.

I believe we would be willing to trade Conca and a 1st Round pick for him. But let's be realistic - GWS will not accept that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep in mind, he can use the threat of walking to the draft and GWS get nothing for him....

Highly unlikely but does put them in a pickle a little.

Not too many players demand a trade to another club to then happily go back to their previous club if a trade doesnt get done.

Keep in mind, he can use the threat of walking to the draft and GWS get nothing for him....

Not too many players demand a trade to another club to then happily go back to their previous club if a trade doesnt get done.

True, but what I'm saying is that, as with any young talented kid coming back to Victoria, there'll be a bit of a bidding war for him because of how many clubs there are in close vicinity. He won't accept any one club as a sole destination because there are plenty of seemingly similar options to him, so it comes down to who offers the most via trade to GWS. It happened with Tyson, Adams and to a lesser extent Caddy and O'Rourke.

As Varicho said, this is probably why it won't get done, because what we'd have to trade to get him, I can't see us parting with. Collingwood, Melbourne, St Kilda, the Bulldogs and even North would all be better positioned to bid on him IMO.

True, but what I'm saying is that, as with any young talented kid coming back to Victoria, there'll be a bit of a bidding war for him because of how many clubs there are in close vicinity. He won't accept any one club as a sole destination because there are plenty of seemingly similar options to him, so it comes down to who offers the most via trade to GWS. It happened with Tyson, Adams and to a lesser extent Caddy and O'Rourke.
Bad example as all 3 of those players nominated a specific club they wanted the be traded to, only Tyson wasn't the one who asked to leave (although was very close the year before). GWS thought what was on offer from Melbourne was fair.
When a player is uncontracted and nominates a specific club there is never a bidding war and the club always needs to accept unders. Name the last trade bidding war for a player in the AFL where the player didn't specify where they wanted to go.

Bad example as all 3 of those players nominated a specific club they wanted the be traded to, only Tyson wasn't the one who asked to leave (although was very close the year before). GWS thought what was on offer from Melbourne was fair.
When a player is uncontracted and nominates a specific club there is never a bidding war and the club always needs to accept unders. Name the last trade bidding war for a player in the AFL where the player didn't specify where they wanted to go.

How do you know that? You speak of nomination like it's a formal process.

It was common knowledge we were into Adams and Tyson, and supposedly they were both keen on us. But in the end they went to clubs that could satisfy GWS the best. It's not like these kids sit back, point at a vic club and say 'that one, only that one! you have to accept whatever they can pay!'

It's in everyone's interest to get a fair deal done and the kid would say something to GWS like, get me to Vic but get yourself as good a deal as you can, for not wanting to screw over the club that drafted them in the first place.

In Adams' case, he never 'nominated' anyone. Shaw 'nominated' GWS as his preferred trade destination which led to the swap for Adams. Tyson also never 'nominated' anyone. Even in the Boyd trade, Griffen was the one that 'nominated' GWS, rather than Boyd nominating the Dogs.

In any trade, both parties (players not clubs) have to agree.

I don't think your right Stylo kids would definately nominate their club of choice to their existing club, whether or not a trade can be done with that club is another story. Now they may not only nominate one, but they would certainly express their preference.

Sorry Shirley but still would not trade Vlas for Treloar. Born leader is Vlas, and has the toughness and skill to back it up.

I was being flippant Flea.... he'd definitely get a contract but in terms of having to put extra cash aside for him, something would have to change dramatically (in terms of his luck) before that happens. Has not made any steps forward since his last contract was signed (was it end of 2013?).
Ok mate no probs. I didn't get the impression a poster stated we would have to hold over monies for Conca in a new contract worth more. I would look at like its great that he commanded something like this, as it would mean he is playing good footy.

NO I dont hate him but really starting to think he wont be any more than just an average player that you can pickup for not much in any draft or state league comp and may as well just cut our losses and see if we can salvage something for our investment in him and if he can be used to facilitate a better player coming in then so be it.

Has played 70 games and i struggle to think of 5 games where i have said to myself this player has something special, Always seems to be injured or unfit and never in 5 years gets a full pre season - Dont you ever think that maybe his body is just not upto the elite level ?

There also isnt many players that after being in an AFL club after 5 seasons has the body shape and definition that conca has, Just seems that he will roll along for another 3-4 years exactly the way he has for the last 5 and not really do much and eventually be a fringe player at most

Please tell me that you have confidence in conca that he will become a 25-30 possesion player
Yep I do, but that's just me. I want to see him play 22 games in a season, then we can see if he is up to it. He may never get there, but I personally think your overly harsh in your assessment( no worries with that op), but that's ok.

Unless Leon Cameron was banging his missus, Treloar would never do that the club.
He may leave for better opportunities media wise and more cash, but he'd never do that, ethically speaking, to the club.
We've nurtured him since he was 17 and probably thinks of Craig Lambert as a father.
Kids a class act. Not a tip rat.

No. He doesn't have anywhere near the running capacity. People are selling Richo's incredible athletic ability well short to suggest guys like Griff and Beanie could do the same thing. Richo was a freak.
Snap, he isn't a good thing yet.

Vickery has never played CHF. He is a genuine ruckman. A combo of he and Griff can be a great pairing, certainly good enough not to spend on another ruckman what we would get more value from elsewhere. We have finite resources, and a limited number of spots in the team. We need mids, running backs, small forwards and even a key defender more than we need another ruck. Priorities.
The problem with TV is he doesn't like to jump in the ruck and be really physical. If he can learn to do this, then he will do ok.

The single laziest footballer in the game today, i go to alot of footy and have spent alot of time watching this bloke and he is putrid, walks around puts his hands on his knees points his finger does NOTHING without the ball, than looks to get a handball receive so will run a little try and link up complain about not being used continue to walk, No thanks
He may be lazy, but is far from the laziest. Bennell(GC) is near the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back