Trigg replacement? who will it be

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've heard, Justin Reid will be at the club going forward. Just not as CEO. ;)

I for one am happy if this should eventuate. 13 years as a player manager should have left him with a pretty handy rolodex of player contacts, and I'd imagine he's built up a reasonable relationship with most of the list managers at the other 17 clubs within the league, not to mention the other prominent AFL player managers.

Last edited:

I see Chris Davies has been snapped up by Port.

Replacing Peter Rhode.

Very switched on, competent. Massive upgrade for them.
Great get.

Not sure if upgrade as rated Rhode too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How come it has not been mentioned anywhere about his health concerns?

I find it really strange it hasn't been mentioned.
Seems to have been able to manage it ok.

Highly sought after - Australian Cricket Association and SACA were after him apparently.

Amazing that he was able to play first class cricket.

Seems to have been able to manage it ok.

Highly sought after - Australian Cricket Association and SACA were after him apparently.

Amazing that he was able to play first class cricket.

No offence to him but how long much longer will he be able to work for?

It's a serious condition and gets worse.

STEVEN Trigg will end his 17-year association with the Adelaide Football Club today — and applications for his job as chief executive close tomorrow.

The field of candidates emerging for a shortlist is far ranging from young football executives, long-serving football administrators and executives with strong commercial backgrounds.

Trigg will join the Carlton Football Club on Friday night, first as a guest at its Etihad Stadium home game against Geelong and then as its new chief executive on Monday.

In the meantime, Adelaide’s selection panel for Trigg’s successor — new board member Mark Ricciuto and fellow directors Jim Hazel and Bob Foord — will focus on forming a list for interviews.

This is expected to include:

WEST COAST football chief Craig Vozzo, a South Australian with a strong football and legal portfolio. He already has had a preliminary meeting with the Crows.

FORMER Port Adelaide chief executive Mark Haysman.

FORMER Fremantle, Richmond and Melbourne chief executive Cameron Schwab, who also is seeking the chance to return to AFL club leadership with the CEO vacancy at Gold Coast.

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY chief operating officer Richard Griffiths, who has extensive experience in football, particularly at the Melbourne Football Club.

FORMER Toyota SA executive Andrew Phillips who is currently in Sydney. While he has no direct football experience, his commercial resume is impressive.

Adelaide’s national campaign for its third chief executive states Trigg’s successor must be “a passionate individual who is tenacious, has high integrity, has demonstrated resilience in a pressure environment, (has) exceptional communication skills and who is able to manage multiple stakeholders.”

The applicants’ resume must show “a proven ability in strategic planning, negotiation, driving a high-performance culture, innovation, football industry knowledge, leading a dynamic business, extensive media relations expertise and tertiary qualifications in business.”

Adelaide is offering a “performance-based” salary package.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...eaves-west-lakes/story-fni5f4l8-1227023948240

Rucci listed all those guys on 5AA yesterday (and he reckons they should hire Haysman and stay away from Schwab). Dunno if the HS is parroting him, or he's copying them though.

It's just a Rucci article in the Herald Sun.

Some decent candidates on the list but I'll never be able to get too excited about anyone coming out of a club like Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back