Rumour troy menzel on the move

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Carlton will have a hard time trading all these players they don't want, none of whom are tradeable for a first round pick. Henderson is a 2nd round pick at best or just a straight swap as he looks for his 3rd club. No Carlton players are first round picks except for Gibbs and Murphy and they are not on the table.
Geelong will keep their first round pick as i believe Adelaide will match their offer for Dangerfield, Motlop will go and they will get it back, they might offer pick 28 - 30 for Henderson depending on where they finish.

I actually reckon Geelong could struggle to get Henderson, as the blues can play hardball with him. They can ask for a first rounder, even just a late first rounder. End of the day Henderson is a proven KP player both forward and back. He can't really put a price on his head as, if Dangerfield is going to the Cats, along with Selwood jnr, then the Salary cap is going to be bursting so would need to be managed well. Geelong are likely to finish no lower than 10th you'd think so there is a few teams that would like a player like Henderson, say Melbourne for example.

Geelong might need to use that 1st rounder on Henderson if they get one for Motlop.

So everyone keeps saying including me when they put in a shocker, yet they keep hanging around? Players want to go to a club with good history of success, club culture, facilities and job security. Geelong on the re-build is a good place to be.
Only query is your defence. 75% of them will be gone within 3-4yrs with Kolo the only one of note even coming through atm.

Troy has had a lot of injuries this year in and out of team a lot and lost form on few occasions but is good enough to bounce back and play to the levels of last year,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Carlton will have a hard time trading all these players they don't want, none of whom are tradeable for a first round pick. Henderson is a 2nd round pick at best or just a straight swap as he looks for his 3rd club. No Carlton players are first round picks except for Gibbs and Murphy and they are not on the table.
Geelong will keep their first round pick as i believe Adelaide will match their offer for Dangerfield, Motlop will go and they will get it back, they might offer pick 28 - 30 for Henderson depending on where they finish.
They can offer 28-30; that won't get them Henderson.

I'm have no doubt clubs will offer Carlton a first rounder for him so he will end up at one of those clubs...hopefully they are in premiership contention so he can enjoy his footy.

Like Motlop?

Menz isn't soft.

Robinson and Garlett were trouble...

Funnier than the Carlton intellect who proposed trading Menzel to Crows and getting the Tom Lynch who isn't the best one in the AFL.
Robinson is just a bit of a bogan, had some dodgy mates he has escaped by moving to Brisbane. Also a pit of a joker around the club and players like that are always necessary in any club as they help keep things relaxed. Has fitted in very well and been well worth picking up since you guys delisted him.

Like Motlop?

Menz isn't soft.

Robinson and Garlett were trouble...

Funnier than the Carlton intellect who proposed trading Menzel to Crows and getting the Tom Lynch who isn't the best one in the AFL.
Eh? Anytime you want to compare Tom Lynch to Menzel go and do it. Menzel isnt half the player Lynch is. Menzel cant get a game in one of the worst teams, while Lynch is getting in the bests for a team in the eight.

Do you have a quote from him or his manager for that? If so please post.
No direct quote from his manager, but word in club is he wants to go to Melbourne, everything in the press says he wants to go to Melbourne and that includes the SA press.

Would be amazed if he ended up back in Adelaide as alleged that he doesn't want to play in the family shadow.

(for those not familiar with Aish family in SA football, father was premiership player, uncle Magarey Medalist, inaugural SA Hall of Fame inductee and increasingly growing to be an AFL HOF inductee, grandfather also captain of Norwood)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back