Rumour troy menzel on the move

Remove this Banner Ad

nobody will ever rebuild a list around a forward pocket goalkicker that will never be a midfielder.Get rid of him while he has value.
Goalkicking mid range players are a dime a dozen and appear when you have a good list in place.

nobody will ever rebuild a list around a forward pocket goalkicker that will never be a midfielder.Get rid of him while he has value.
Goalkicking mid range players are a dime a dozen and appear when you have a good list in place.

don't disagree, KPP's on the other hand in prime age with some runs on the board; like hen's teeth.

How about Hendo for Treloar then?

don't disagree, KPP's on the other hand in prime age with some runs on the board; like hen's teeth.

How about Hendo for Treloar then?
Yep,hendo has been sandbagging it all year and everybody knows it.
Think yazza,menzel,hendo,clean slate for the new driver.

You are the one analysing the posts and saying Carlton should be premiership favourites based on people rating our top six players. Carlton's problem over the last 20 years is that we have a few very very good players but we have a large amount of average players. That is why we have been so poor. This is the case again this year. We have finally recognised this, have sought an up and coming coach and are genuinely rebuilding. All the players I have mentioned who are worth first rounders are worth something to the teams chasing them, so they will pay overs; that's the trade game. My point is that your statement is extremely naive. You have painted yourself in to a corner and are too stubborn to concede. I have to laugh that you have avoided talking about Cripps when asked if he was a worth a first rounder!!

So to clear things up: you have said Carlton only have two players worth first round picks - Murphy and Gibbs.
Because it was such an absurd statement, I have put up other players who I believe are worth first round picks and asked for your opinion. This is what we do in debates! You haven't answered the last two times, so lets see if you can show some substance and answer direct questions.

Cripps - Would we get a first rounder in this years trade period?
Kruezer (after Bullies have offered a four year deal that would give us pick 3 - A FIRST ROUNDER). Would we get a first rounder in this years trade period?
Yarran (Richmond not denying they would offer a first rounder) - Would we get a first rounder in this years trade period?
Menzel (as this is a Menzel thread I will put him in. I would first say that I hope he is not on the trade table. He is a young gun who needs to build his tank and find more of the ball. In saying that, it's my opinion that if he is up for trade he would be a late first rounder). Would we get a first rounder in this years trade period?

I will leave Hendo out of it as you plainly don't rate him. But I will get a laugh when Geelong give up their first pick for him.

Add Murphy and Gibbs and we have SEVEN players worth first round picks. In a team that is very average and deserves to be on the bottom of the ladder that's not bad going when you are rebuilding (although it doesn't leave us much!). I look forward to your laughable response.

Egg - Face
With all of these sensational players and first round tradeables why have Carlton performed so badly? Why has a former coach labelled it the "worst list ever"? Why are so many of these players on the outer? Seven first rounders? Re building? Carlton were expecting finals action this year, they were fully expecting to be in contention? The fact is the list is no good, it is overrated to buggery and there is little to offer other than a 2nd round pick for any Carlton player at the trade table. It's not a strong draft outside of the top 10 this year and unfortunately for Carlton this will affect their thinking. Geelong may have to use their first round pick on a much bigger fish than Henderson.

Lol. Far more midfielders than good small forwards. We won flags cos of Johnson, chapman, and Ablett, the best small forward combo the game has seen. Hawthorn would argue the same with Rioli and Breust. It's why they are going after Wingard with the big bucks.

With all of these sensational players and first round tradeables why have Carlton performed so badly? Why has a former coach labelled it the "worst list ever"? Why are so many of these players on the outer? Seven first rounders? Re building? Carlton were expecting finals action this year, they were fully expecting to be in contention? The fact is the list is no good, it is overrated to buggery and there is little to offer other than a 2nd round pick for any Carlton player at the trade table. It's not a strong draft outside of the top 10 this year and unfortunately for Carlton this will affect their thinking. Geelong may have to use their first round pick on a much bigger fish than Henderson.
This post topic isn't about team performances; it's about trades. We are all in agreeance that Carlton are no good and our list is the worst in the AFL. I'm not sure how you think we are over-rating our list? The reality is that we have some very good players who are attractive to opposition teams.
You made the huge statement that Carlton only have two players worth first round picks - Gibbs and Murphy. When I see a ridiculous statement put forward, I like to make that person accountable.
I've asked you three times about Kruezer, Cripps, Yarran, Hendo (who all the experts say will get us a first rounder) and you won't answer. Now for the fourth time:

Kruezer (after Bullies have offered a four year deal that would give us pick 3 - A FIRST ROUNDER). Would we get a first rounder in this years trade period?
Yarran (Richmond not denying they would offer a first rounder) - Would we get a first rounder in this years trade period?
Menzel (as this is a Menzel thread I will put him in. I would first say that I hope he is not on the trade table. He is a young gun who needs to build his tank and find more of the ball. In saying that, it's my opinion that if he is up for trade a team would offer a late first rounder). Would we get a first rounder in this years trade period?
Hendo - you have made it obvious that you disagree, but Geelong will give up their first pick for him.

Don't talk about performances or lists or rebuilding or finals or our list being over-rated. Answer those five questions.

This post topic isn't about team performances; it's about trades. We are all in agreeance that Carlton are no good and our list is the worst in the AFL. I'm not sure how you think we are over-rating our list? The reality is that we have some very good players who are attractive to opposition teams.
You made the huge statement that Carlton only have two players worth first round picks - Gibbs and Murphy. When I see a ridiculous statement put forward, I like to make that person accountable.
I've asked you three times about Kruezer, Cripps, Yarran, Hendo (who all the experts say will get us a first rounder) and you won't answer. Now for the fourth time:

Menzel (as this is a Menzel thread I will put him in. I would first say that I hope he is not on the trade table. He is a young gun who needs to build his tank and find more of the ball. In saying that, it's my opinion that if he is up for trade a team would offer a late first rounder). Would we get a first rounder in this years trade period?
Hendo - you have made it obvious that you disagree, but Geelong will give up their first pick for him.

Don't talk about performances or lists or rebuilding or finals or our list being over-rated. Answer those five questions.
I wouldnt give up a first round pick for Kruezer. We gave up 34 and 67 for Jacobs and he is twice the ruckman Kruezer is. If you think Kruezer is worth pick 3, then Jacobs is worth first and second pick in the draft.
Yarren, Hendo worth second rounders.
Menzel maybe late first rounder. His stocks have dropped the last couple of years.

I wouldnt give up a first round pick for Kruezer. We gave up 34 and 67 for Jacobs and he is twice the ruckman Kruezer is. If you think Kruezer is worth pick 3, then Jacobs is worth first and second pick in the draft.
Menzel maybe late first rounder. His stocks have dropped the last couple of years.

Sorry but that's crap.

You paid a late 2nd and 3rd (IIRC) for Jacobs, a former rookie listed ruckman who was out of contract and with around 20 games up his sleeve when you traded for him.

If Kruezer leaves through FA we may gain #3 as compo, that's possibly overs I agree. Late 1st rounder for mine.
Yarran same, Hendo somewhere around 10-15 Menz IMO a 2nd rounder.

I'm intrigued by your valuation of Menzel in this post as it seems to be inconsistent with your valuation of him earlier in the thread. I assume you think Lynch is worth a pick in the top 5 then?

Sorry but that's crap.

You paid a late 2nd and 3rd (IIRC) for Jacobs, a former rookie listed ruckman who was out of contract and with around 20 games up his sleeve when you traded for him.

If Kruezer leaves through FA we may gain #3 as compo, that's possibly overs I agree. Late 1st rounder for mine.
Yarran same, Hendo somewhere around 10-15 Menz IMO a 2nd rounder.

I'm intrigued by your valuation of Menzel in this post as it seems to be inconsistent with your valuation of him earlier in the thread. I assume you think Lynch is worth a pick in the top 5 then?
You guys are nuts if you think hendo is worth more than t Menzel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kreuzar isn't worth a 1st rounder. Has that many injuries tit is ridiculous. Very similar to Leuey.
Wouldn't offer Henderson a 1st rounder. Don't really think he is that good myself. Not a number 1 forward.
Menzel maybe a late 1st rounder/early 2nd.
Yarran, l wouldn't give up anything for him personally. But for others, late 1st rounder/early 2nd maybe.

Cripps is worth a 1st rounder, gonna be a gun.

So everyone keeps saying including me when they put in a shocker, yet they keep hanging around? Players want to go to a club with good history of success, club culture, facilities and job security. Geelong on the re-build is a good place to be.

Yep - players will be breaking their necks to get on board the Chris Scott train !!

Kreuzar isn't worth a 1st rounder. Has that many injuries tit is ridiculous. Very similar to Leuey.
Wouldn't offer Henderson a 1st rounder. Don't really think he is that good myself. Not a number 1 forward.
Menzel maybe a late 1st rounder/early 2nd.
Yarran, l wouldn't give up anything for him personally. But for others, late 1st rounder/early 2nd maybe.

Cripps is worth a 1st rounder, gonna be a gun.

Hendo is a CHB, being played out of position.

Thanks for your input but you are missing the point. I'm calling out this poster because he's making the big statement and can't back it up.
The bullies have offered Kruezer a $550k per year contract over four years that gives us pick 3 compensation - A FIRST ROUNDER.
The Tigs are big time in to Yarran and have allegedly offered up their FIRST ROUNDER because they are in the premiership window.
The same has been said for Hendo - that if its not Geelong it is someone else who will give up a FIRST ROUNDER.
This is what the market is paying...not necessarily what you would pay.
BTW - What would you pay for Cripps? A first rounder?

Thanks for your input but you are missing the point. I'm calling out this poster because he's making the big statement and can't back it up.
The bullies have offered Kruezer a $550k per year contract over four years that gives us pick 3 compensation - A FIRST ROUNDER.
The Tigs are big time in to Yarran and have allegedly offered up their FIRST ROUNDER because they are in the premiership window.
The same has been said for Hendo - that if its not Geelong it is someone else who will give up a FIRST ROUNDER.
Chill out dude. It's 4:30 in the morning.

Yes everyone would give a first round pick and their left nut for cripps

At this rate the 2016 Blues will be Docherty, Tuohy, Murphy, Cripps, Casboult and 35 draft picks. I'm not totally against it.
I question your selection of Tuohy. He is not up to it my only proviso is that at times he is like the little girl that is plugging the holes in the Dyke to stop the water from pouring in and flooding Holland. He has had a lot on his plate might be a lot better with good support around him but last 2 years Tuohy has been disappointing. I do not blame him just look at who is at his side Buckley now he is over ratted.

Kruzer is not going anywhere !! Ig Krezer goes Carlton as lost me. Its not tht Kruezer is bigger than the club it just shows we have no respect fot those that love the jumper which i know he does

Daniel Menzel on the move.
Yeah..around the MCG like the star he is….

Lone wolf in that game however…

Go Catters

You are the one analysing the posts and saying Carlton should be premiership favourites based on people rating our top six players. Carlton's problem over the last 20 years is that we have a few very very good players but we have a large amount of average players. That is why we have been so poor. This is the case again this year. We have finally recognised this, have sought an up and coming coach and are genuinely rebuilding. All the players I have mentioned who are worth first rounders are worth something to the teams chasing them, so they will pay overs; that's the trade game. My point is that your statement is extremely naive. You have painted yourself in to a corner and are too stubborn to concede. I have to laugh that you have avoided talking about Cripps when asked if he was a worth a first rounder!!

So to clear things up: you have said Carlton only have two players worth first round picks - Murphy and Gibbs.
Because it was such an absurd statement, I have put up other players who I believe are worth first round picks and asked for your opinion. This is what we do in debates! You haven't answered the last two times, so lets see if you can show some substance and answer direct questions.

Menzel (as this is a Menzel thread I will put him in. I would first say that I hope he is not on the trade table. He is a young gun who needs to build his tank and find more of the ball. In saying that, it's my opinion that if he is up for trade he would be a late first rounder). Would we get a first rounder in this years trade period?

I will leave Hendo out of it as you plainly don't rate him. But I will get a laugh when Geelong give up their first pick for him.

Add Murphy and Gibbs and we have SEVEN players worth first round picks. In a team that is very average and deserves to be on the bottom of the ladder that's not bad going when you are rebuilding (although it doesn't leave us much!). I look forward to your laughable response.

Egg - Face

Yes.

In a trade? No. You may get very lucky compo, but thats not his value any more than it was Buddy's

No. Richmond won't be so foolish.

No. You would get a second round pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back