Banter TRTT Part 15: David KOCH on Epstein List!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone that thinks Italan pizzas (margheritas) are better than American pizzas (meatlovers, pepperoni) are not real
american pizza franchise pizzas are dogshit. Never been to america so can't say if they are representative of what you get there

We have our own style of pizzas here that are far superior to pizza hut/dominoes et al

american pizza franchise pizzas are dogshit. Never been to america so can't say if they are representative of what you get there

We have our own style of pizzas here that are far superior to pizza hut/dominoes et al
Pizza in America craps all over Australian, understandably.

Dominos in the UK is far superior to Australian dominos. I reckon the Aussie franchise owners are taking the piss.

When I was living in the UK in the 90s Dominoes was pretty s**t - must have improved a fair bit since then
Oh, it’s not good, I didn’t say that 😂. It’s better than the Aussie version though, low bar and everything.

Aussie pizza is very good if you’re about the toppings more than the dough.

Dominos in the UK is far superior to Australian dominos. I reckon the Aussie franchise owners are taking the piss.

Australian domino's always seems undercooked to me.
Yeah, it's great that you got it to my doorstep in 7 minutes but I'd prefer if it took a few minutes longer and was cooked all the way through, thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As difficult as it may be to believe there could be worse pizzas than Dominoes, there was a smaller franchise called Pizza Haven in the late 80's early 90's where the box they came in would have tasted better than the pizzas.
They apparently only had about 3 outlets, with the main one being on the corner of Anzac highway and Brighton road.

I had Eagle Boys pizza in Townsville about 20 years ago and they were absolute crap as well.

I did find the famous New York slice of pizza and the NY hotdogs average. that's when I realized (this was 2010) America is mostly just good marketing.

I love places that look run down but have good food. on the flip side of that you have those squeaky clean brand new places pop up with perfect signage and a neat modern branding but overpriced cookie cutter food. pretty sure tradition wins out pretty quickly in Adelaide.

As difficult as it may be to believe there could be worse pizzas than Dominoes, there was a smaller franchise called Pizza Haven in the late 80's early 90's where the box they came in would have tasted better than the pizzas.
They apparently only had about 3 outlets, with the main one being on the corner of Anzac highway and Brighton road.

I had Eagle Boys pizza in Townsville about 20 years ago and they were absolute crap as well.

There was definitely more than 3 pizza havens, they were all over the place. I remember their ads running all the time. And yeah they were mostly pretty shite. Didn't compare to pizza hut at all

Why are you using Dominos as your marker to compare pizza quality? That's like saying America has better coffee than Australia because Starbucks is better than On The Run.

I find blanket statements weird, of course if you go to diners where they serve dripolater coffee and nothing else you'll think the coffee is shit in an entire country etc.

Add Pizza to the list of things Australia does poorly. Alongside comedy and house design (a bunch of square plain boxes with zero character).

Crap like Dominoes isn't even acceptable drunk campaigner food.

Domino's used to be alright I reckon. Was my first job as a teenager delivering pizzas. Back in my day they were good.

Then at some point the size of the base shrank to **** all, then they basically deleted all the toppings so you'd get like 3 bits of pepperoni.

Why are you using Dominos as your marker to compare pizza quality? That's like saying America has better coffee than Australia because Starbucks is better than On The Run.
I didn’t, you’re just not very good at comprehension when you’re high horsing :).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back