Podcast TURBOS HOT SEAT: 🌟 Rising Star Sun Ra vs Mrs EKA ⭐

Remove this Banner Ad

Good interview, a bit of fun, but to say that nothing was happening in regards to the Rising Star award before Sun Ra and Mrs Turbo woke up isn't an accurate representation of the facts, things were moving before they joined in.
You are correct gab213 : stuff was indeed being discussed, but what was happening (from what i witnessed) no rookie of S34 had stepped up in weeks, nay months even to lead this award planning, so from my perspective it was going

snail-close-up.gif
and then to learn ONLY from this poddy that the rising star was previously a weekly thing to bring in rookies involvement...

So I'd say to that - Bloody shambles of course

1685154473168.png

You are correct gab213 : stuff was indeed being discussed, but what was happening (from what i witnessed) no rookie of S34 had stepped up in weeks, nay months even to lead this award planning, so from my perspective it was going

View attachment 1697612
and then to learn ONLY from this poddy that the rising star was previously a weekly thing to bring in rookies involvement...

View attachment 1697613
Yep two awards every week, a posting award and a sim award, took a bit of work but it got the rookies involved.

View attachment 1697612

View attachment 1697613
There was no shambles, we started discussions in March. There was a lot of discussion over a couple of weeks in April after I started it all up again, we were on our way and then you offered to lead the award nght organisation which we all appreciated but it was going to be handled either way.

The last discussion by anyone was April 18 until I kicked things off again on May 15th. We were at that point waiting on you to report back on a few matters. You rejoined the discussion on 22 May. Like I said earlier we all greatly appreciate your efforts and contribution but please don't keep misleading people into believing that nothing was happening before you got involved, that's just not true.

As far as the award being meant to be a weekly thing well that's contentious, we were informed right at the beginning that the formatting of the award was up to the previous season's rookies, nothing was set in stone. Something being mentioned on a podcast doesn't make it gospel. We can set our own parameters, we don't necessarily have to follow those of the s23 dinosaurs.

Calling it a shambles is also a bit disrespectful to people like Falconista and Kilroy who have provided us with good help along the way. spudmaster has also been a good contributor along the way.

Edit to add, It's also not right to say it wasn't being led, discussion was opened by me and I was collating information behind the scenes when you offered to lead which I thought would be a good idea anyway.

Last edited:
Yep two awards every week, a posting award and a sim award, took a bit of work but it got the rookies involved.
Right, but I'd imagine that this hasn't happened in a number of seasons? I don't recall it happening last season.

There was no shambles, we started discussions in March. There was a lot of discussion over a couple of weeks in April after I started it all up again, we were on our way and then you offered to lead the award nght organisation which we all appreciated but it was going to be handled either way.

The last discussion by anyone was April 18 until I kicked things off again on May 15th. We were at that point waiting on you to report back on a few matters. You rejoined the discussion on 22 May. Like I said earlier we all greatly appreciate your efforts and contribution but please don't keep misleading people into believing that nothing was happening before you got involved, that's just not true.

As far as the award being meant to be a weekly thing well that's contentious, we were informed right at the beginning that the formatting of the award was up to the previous season's rookies, nothing was set in stone. Something being mentioned on a podcast doesn't make it gospel. We can set our own parameters, we don't necessarily have to follow those of the s23 dinosaurs.

Calling it a shambles is also a bit disrespectful to people like Falconista and Kilroy who have provided us with good help along the way. spudmaster has also been a good contributor along the way.
Couldn't have said it better myself gab213 and I did get my chance.

Last edited:
Right, but I'd imagine that this hasn't happened in a number of seasons? I don't recall it happening last season.
No mate i can't recall it going for a couple of seasons, i thought GWS Goose was going to take over it full time. Season 29 and 30 rookies done it beautifully.

No mate i can't recall it going for a couple of seasons, i thought GWS Goose was going to take over it full time. Season 29 and 30 rookies done it beautifully.
Okay, I'm not really aware of anything before s34. I was basing it on what happened then, I thought Falconista did a great job with last year's awards presentation. Might take a look just to see it, I wasn't aware of the GWS Goose connection either.

Okay, I'm not really aware of anything before s34. I was basing it on what happened then, I thought Falconista did a great job with last year's awards presentation. Might take a look just to see it, I wasn't aware of the GWS Goose connection either.
Kilroy can fill you in mate he was very good at it.

Edit to add, It's also not right to say it wasn't being led, discussion was opened by me and I was collating information behind the scenes when you offered to lead which I thought would be a good idea anyway.
qi-fight.gif

I'm not a fighter, it's a discussion :p I know that it's probably better for you if she's upset with someone else other than you and fighting them but I pass, thanks lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not a fighter, it's a discussion :p I know that it's probably better for you if she's upset with someone else other than you and fighting them but I pass, thanks lol
giphy.gif

Weekly noms last happened properly in season 31 I think. S32 and 33 started that way but stopped after about round 4.

Rising star voters- in the pm, from the very first post there are links to eight previous rising star counts for inspiration (including seasons with weekly nominations...).

Also, spot of fact checking, thanks for the compliment Sun Ra but I didn't win the Rising Star (finished fifth).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back