TV series you are watching

Remove this Banner Ad

The Diplomat on Netflix. Good script, clever writing, and a frustrating ending to Season 1. Not sure if Season 2 is in the pipeline, but it should be, to make up for the frustrating end to Season 1…
Season 2 is confirmed.

Unforgotten. Uk crime shows just sucker me in all the time. Very good show imo.
Mrs is a big fan.
I don’t see the attraction.
The Pohms do “dirge TV” better than anyone.
I cite Vera, silent Witness, Lewis etc etc.
Not only I are the storylines extremely convoluted, but the background music continually brings your mood down. Vera is the worst.
I need a prescription of Valium to get through any of them.

I really like Succession but i get why others don't.

I find it enjoyable enough to watch, but the complete absence of characters to identify with or “root for” is a major issue.

And then when there are moments in the show which are meant to display the characters’ humanity, it seems synthetic and you just want them to push on with the machinations of empire-building.

Just watched the season 1 finale last night.

Brilliant show. I loved it. Can’t wait for season 2.
It slowed a little in the middle few episodes but it finished really strongly in the last few.

Set it up beautifully for the next season.

It slowed a little in the middle few episodes but it finished really strongly in the last few.

Set it up beautifully for the next season.

Would love to have a sidebar; I have many questions. But then again, maybe I should just read the books.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple on Prime i am really enjoying
The Betoota Advocate doco series on recent Australian History is well done and funny. There is a new episode every week, so far stories include The Cronulla Riots, Fine Cotton, Superleague etc

And Class of 07. An Aussie series in the mould of Yellowjackets and the Wilds but with a touch of Derry Girls mixed in. I was shocked at how funny this was, a word of warning though, its an all female cast which doesn't bother me but might annoy others. First series ended on a cliffhanger so cant wait for the 2nd season

Would love to have a sidebar; I have many questions. But then again, maybe I should just read the books.

I ended up buying the first book in the series. There were too many things needing explanation!

I ended up buying the first book in the series. There were too many things needing explanation!

Homer Simpson Cartoon GIF

I’ve read the book, a few years ago now, and didn’t realise it has been made into a TV series - will have to check it out. I’m yet to read the second and third books either, I’ll have to add them to my reading list as well.

Halfway through SAS Rogue Heroes on SBS (On Demand). Adapted from a book about the formation of the SAS in WWII North Africa.

Entertaining. Nothing profound, just good telly.

Halfway through SAS Rogue Heroes on SBS (On Demand). Adapted from a book about the formation of the SAS in WWII North Africa.

Entertaining. Nothing profound, just good telly.

Watching this with my wife and I’m enjoying it well enough. I think she likes it more than I do. The jollies are enjoyable but couldn’t give two hoots about the rest.

I finished the first book of the Silo trilogy. Despite the reviews saying the show stuck fairly faithful to the book, I thought there were a stack of differences. Obviously the first book goes further than the first TV season, but it was hardly Harry Potter in terms of sticking to the source material.

Watching this with my wife and I’m enjoying it well enough. I think she likes it more than I do. The jollies are enjoyable but couldn’t give two hoots about the rest.

I finished the first book of the Silo trilogy. Despite the reviews saying the show stuck fairly faithful to the book, I thought there were a stack of differences. Obviously the first book goes further than the first TV season, but it was hardly Harry Potter in terms of sticking to the source material.

There's a few of these "based on" things going around. I must admit that I cant take the fiction content. It's like the movie Oppenheimer which is evidently based loosely on some of the facts. I dont see the point of basing it on history and then changing the story along the way. The most nauseating result of these types of shows is the creation of horde of people who think they know about something in past. I think the other thing about rogue heroes is that they took a few swipes at australians and I cant take that from a pomme.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back