TV series you are watching

Remove this Banner Ad

Been watching the latest season of Black Mirror with one episode to go.

It's been good but not up to its best. Seems more horror based (which is fine with me in principle) but there's not the mind fcukery you get in the classic episodes.

Painkiller, on Netflix. About OxyContin and the odious family behind it’s development and - financial - success.

You might not think a drama series about an opioid would be much fun, buts it’s absolutely gripping. I had a vague awareness of it, but this series shocked me. The marketing of this poison to the American public, and to doctors especially, was brilliant. Many thousands of people died.

Painkiller, on Netflix. About OxyContin and the odious family behind it’s development and - financial - success.

You might not think a drama series about an opioid would be much fun, buts it’s absolutely gripping. I had a vague awareness of it, but this series shocked me. The marketing of this poison to the American public, and to doctors especially, was brilliant. Many thousands of people died.
Watch Dopesick if you can - I'm not sure which platform it's on.

Same topic. Similar story line. But done infinitely better.

Mind boggling that they were turning over $30m a day!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The documentary “The Pharmacist”, also on Netflix, from a couple of years ago was better IMHO. The dramatisation in Painkiller was annoying, other than the Edie Flowers character and the fella playing Glen.

The documentary “The Pharmacist”, also on Netflix, from a couple of years ago was better IMHO. The dramatisation in Painkiller was annoying, other than the Edie Flowers character and the fella playing Glen.

Dopesick on disney even better

Holding.
Based on a book written by Graham Norton. Yes that Graham Norton.
Only 4 eps but very enjoyable murder mystery based in Ireland.
Not a psycho killer type mystery, just an everyday small village/farming community type of tale where ordinary people face extreme situations.
Didn’t get the ending that I wanted, but that made it all the more satisfying a watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back