TV series you are watching

Remove this Banner Ad

True Detective S4 Finale. Like Ginnivan around the corner in the GF.

giphy.gif

Episode 5 was a ripper you idiots. You need to stick with it.

Btw, the “supernatural” elements are all mental illness issues. Most of them are seen by Navarro who comes from a family where they all have massive issues. Think about who is “seeing” these things.
I am just about finished episode 6 and lost interest in the show 2 episodes back. I have little idea what has happened in the last few episodes, and frankly don't even care, other than the time I have wasted on season 4. Just want this to end. Boredom and confusion personified.

Horrible end to the show.
In fact it was simply LAZY writing. Trying to tie everything up with the oldest of sleuth TV tricks.
The series showed so much promise then limped to the end.

I don’t mind having loose ends in an investigation, if done right it adds realism, for example the ending to the film Zodiac.

However they have to be acknowledged as loose ends.

How did the tongue reappear there from the original murder? Anyone care? Why does Rose just say “ho hum!” whenever someone asks her to dispose of a body, rather than asking the odd question? How exactly was mental illness different to having encounters with the dead, when it comes to Rose vs. Navarro’s family? Why did Navarro’s ruptured eardrums never warrant a mention or even any continuity after the dredge? And so the vet was wrong all along and they just froze to death? Why have that whole scene then?!

I don’t mind having loose ends in an investigation, if done right it adds realism, for example the ending to the film Zodiac.

However they have to be acknowledged as loose ends.

How did the tongue reappear there from the original murder? Anyone care? Why does Rose just say “ho hum!” whenever someone asks her to dispose of a body, rather than asking the odd question? How exactly was mental illness different to having encounters with the dead, when it comes to Rose vs. Navarro’s family? Why did Navarro’s ruptured eardrums never warrant a mention or even any continuity after the dredge? And so the vet was wrong all along and they just froze to death? Why have that whole scene then?!
And how did Navarro's lost front tooth undergo such rapid repair? Did her implantologist waive the 3 month waiting period for the screw to bond with the bone? Does the clinic have its own dental technician who made the crown overnight?

True Detective S4 Finale. Like Ginnivan around the corner in the GF.
Ah… not actually TV related.
But I opened this thread and Ginnivan came up.
I watched the Hawks practice game and yep, Ginnivan marks in about the same spot and lines up “around the corner”.
Result?
Same.
Has learnt absolutely nothing!

Watching the X-Files again and at the start of season 8.

Hard to believe how well this show holds up given the passage of time and the fact it was made in an era where writers had to produce 20+ episodes per season makes it even more remarkable.

No surprise that Vince Gilligan played a significant role as a writer/producer during it's original airing and then went on to give the world Breaking Bad.

Both shows are inside my top 5 of all time.

Final episode ever of Curb airs today.

While these last few seasons couldn't deliver to the same high standard of it's original run, it was still pretty pretty pretty good.

In reality that's okay, because no one, whether they be Paul McCartney or Tarantino, have a limitless supply of A grade material within and the sheer amount of comedy gold Larry David has provided, as both writer and creator of Seinfeld and Curb, makes him a genius and the GOAT.

Final episode ever of Curb airs today.

While these last few seasons couldn't deliver to the same high standard of it's original run, it was still pretty pretty pretty good.

In reality that's okay, because no one, whether they be Paul McCartney or Tarantino, have a limitless supply of A grade material within and the sheer amount of comedy gold Larry David has provided, as both writer and creator of Seinfeld and Curb, makes him a genius and the GOAT.
Just watched it, loved it! It was a bit corny like it has been for a while but the last 2 episodes are top notch in my mind. It ended in a good place. I am going to miss Leon most of all, every single one of his lines was gold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back