UEFA Europa League R32

Remove this Banner Ad

So does Celtic stand a chance with these officials tonight?

Referee: István Vad (HUN)
Assistant Referee 1: István Albert (HUN)
Assistant Referee 2: Peter Berretyán (HUN)
Additional AR1: Tamás Bognar (HUN)
Additional AR2: Sandor Andó-Szabó (HUN)
Fourth Official: László Viszokai (HUN)
Referee Observer: Wilfried Heitmann (GER)

So does Celtic stand a chance with these officials tonight?

Referee: István Vad (HUN)
Assistant Referee 1: István Albert (HUN)
Assistant Referee 2: Peter Berretyán (HUN)
Additional AR1: Tamás Bognar (HUN)
Additional AR2: Sandor Andó-Szabó (HUN)
Fourth Official: László Viszokai (HUN)
Referee Observer: Wilfried Heitmann (GER)
Its Istvan Vad. Someone is getting cheated tonight.

Thats just how things work, I'm sure in time and with therapy jod will recover from my nasty barbs without you bringing it all up again.
Ive been working on it. I must admit, after our recent spat, I did cry myself to sleep, naked and in the fetal position in the shower. Only woke up when the water went cold.

Decent first half, just need to quicken things up a bit going forward. Henderson's set pieces have been a real threat so far while Ibe is causing them problems down the right.

Ibe's strength & balance are phenomenal for a kid his age. 2 defenders come across and try to knock him off the ball, they just bounce off his hips, he holds his feet, steps around both before squaring the ball into the area.

He's going through a real purple patch isn't he
oh yeah, for sure and i seems to have come out of nowhere. Perhaps a benefitting from De Bruyne's amazing form and general good attacking play from Wolfsburg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ibe wins the penalty. Balotelli typically composed as he sends the keeper the wrong way and slots it into the bottom corner.

Who was supposed to take Liverpools pen? Got the sound down but the tv is focussing on sturridge v balo.

Reminds me of sturridge v elano a few years back so if balo has taken one off him Sturridge can't be too upset.

Who was supposed to take Liverpools pen? Got the sound down but the tv is focussing on sturridge v balo.

Reminds me of sturridge v elano a few years back so if balo has taken one off him Sturridge can't be too upset.

Henderson was supposed to take it, Balotelli's come in and basically said "I've got this". Very cheeky from Mario, he has an outstanding record from the spot and probably should be our designated penalty taker when Gerrard isn't on to be fair, but he's got to be careful he doesn't show disrespect to his captain on the field like that (which was why Sturridge was upset).

Post game Gerrard has said that Henderson should have taken it and that he's sure Balotelli will be taken aside for a chat after the game. I don't know, I mean Henderson would have been given those duties at the start of the game but surely once Balotelli is on Henderson has to recognize that there aren't many better in football in that situation than Mario. Just like Henderson is our best corner taker so he takes the corners, but would relinquish those duties if Gerrard were on the pitch, it should be the same for penalties in my opinion.

Don't know why you wouldnt have Balo take them all the time. As close to a sure thing as it gets, and good for any striker to get a few goals.

Elano was our designated penalty taker (who was a sure thing as well) but Sturridge decided he wanted it so he held onto the ball and wouldnt let go.

So I'm sure he'll understand.

Henderson: "I wanted the penalty but I felt confident in Mario, he has taken big penalties before and so he got the nod."

Well played by Hendo after the game, certainly dealt with the question better than Gerrard did on the panel! As for the match itself, Ibe continues his fine form since returning from loan and picks up another MOTM award. Gave their fullback problems all evening and as against Spurs the other day they ended up having to double up on him in the 2nd half. He's developing nicely, just needs to work on his composure once he gets past his defender and into the area, but he's definitely having a strong impact.

Don't know why you wouldnt have Balo take them all the time. As close to a sure thing as it gets, and good for any striker to get a few goals.

Elano was our designated penalty taker (who was a sure thing as well) but Sturridge decided he wanted it so he held onto the ball and wouldnt let go.

So I'm sure he'll understand.

Sturridge wasn't trying to take the penalty. He was just making sure that team rules were followed and that Henderson took the penalty as determined before the game. He didn't like Balotelli taking the ball off his captain like that and made his feelings known. Far from being selfish, Sturridge was actually trying to be a team player. He's grown up a lot since his days at City.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back