Ultimate Footy Keeper

Remove this Banner Ad

I have never played before so no idea what to expect really. I am already regretting a few picks and I am going to need some quick development in a few players. Definitely looking foward to seeing how it all unfolds though.
Looks like you have drafted quite well, should be competitive for a while. List management is crucial and having a succession plan to keep your team sustainable helps.

Just a tip for the newer players, you can now delist players and sign any of the player pool that is left as free agents, good for any players that are out for a season or injured that you have to replace. We have 5 signings for the season apparently, so make em count.
Go to the my team tab of UF and you can sign, delist or trade with other players.

Remember you can trade future draft picks as well if you want to make trading interesting. Even with conditions (like top 3 protected) just like American sports, to make it interesting.

Obviously I'll go through in detail once the season finishes, but you'll have to delist (or a player retires) 3 players, and all new draftees plus the existing unlisted players go in the draft pool, and you draft them in reverse ladder order just like the real AFL. Makes it very interesting!

If we were picking a side to win a game.

B: Rory Laird - Nathan Grima - Beau Waters
HB: Sam Mitchell - Nathan Bock - Chris Newman
C: Brent Stanton - Matthew Priddis - Jimmy Bartel
HF: Matthew Stokes - Nick Riewoldt - Mitch Robinson
FO: Paul Puopolo - Jonathan Brown - Hayden Ballantyne
RU: Jonathan Giles - Gary Ablett - James Kelly
INT: Tom Campbell, Brad Sewell, Matthew Boyd, Colin Sylvia
EME: Josh Hunt, Alex Fasolo, Nathan Van Berlo

Do the scores for the emergencies only count if a player is out of the main line up? I had K.Jack withdraw before the game and have B.Hill on the bench?
Emergencies work the same way as supercoach. ultimate footy has the option of having universal emergencies as in if a ruck goes down any position can cover them but in our league it is positional. Other cool features of ultimate footy that we aren't using this season are captains and utilities. Utilities can be a player from any position. These are options for future seasons of we want to make of season rule changes.

Hmm I have too many Richmond and West Coast players, happy to do a swap like for like, but not Barlow, Cotchin or Natanui.
Any particular position?

Any particular position?

Centres. I can trade out either Grigg or Thomas from Richmond or Rosa or Hutchings from West Coast, but they need to be like for like players (Thomas got 21 handballs last night).

Really really need a forward lol. White, Martin now and Tarrant all injured lol.

I could trade you Aaron Edwards, he will get games, especially as Vickery was so poor. Anyway just a thought, happy to hang on to him as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dannnnnnnnnn what would you be looking at from my team for Lachie Hansen?

Just starting to fully understand this now. Just curious do any of you guys try to specially set your team up to win certain stats or just try to get the best overall players in? It seems a lot more tactical than SC/DT because you can look at the team your lining up on and try to pick a team to beat their weaknesses, I like it.

Dannnnnnnnnn what would you be looking at from my team for Lachie Hansen?

Just starting to fully understand this now. Just curious do any of you guys try to specially set your team up to win certain stats or just try to get the best overall players in? It seems a lot more tactical than SC/DT because you can look at the team your lining up on and try to pick a team to beat their weaknesses, I like it.
I'll have a detailed look at your team next time I get a chance and let you know. At a passing glance I'm probably not interested, but we may be able to sort out some sort of deal involving multiple players or whatnot.

Super close matchup between threenewpadlocks and I - I'm up 5-4 at the moment and have eight left, while he has seven. But this is how close the match ups are:

Score
Me: 7.1.43
TNP: 7.2.44

%
Me: 0.875
TNP: 0.778

Kicks
Me: 56
TNP: 59

Handballs
Me: 49
TNP 42

Marks
Me: 30
TNP: 28

Hitouts
Me: 2
TNP: 0

Tackles
Me: 14
TNP: 16

Frees For
Me: 3
TNP: 5

Frees Against
TNP: 6

Admittedly I haven't had a great week at all, so if I can scrape together a win I'll be very happy. Going to go right down to the wire. Good stuff.

Super close matchup between threenewpadlocks and I - I'm up 5-4 at the moment and have eight left, while he has seven. But this is how close the match ups are:

Score
Me: 7.1.43
TNP: 7.2.44

%
Me: 0.875
TNP: 0.778

Kicks
Me: 56
TNP: 59

Handballs
Me: 49
TNP 42

Marks
Me: 30
TNP: 28

Hitouts
Me: 2
TNP: 0

Tackles
Me: 14
TNP: 16

Frees For
TNP: 5

Frees Against
TNP: 6

Admittedly I haven't had a great week at all, so if I can scrape together a win I'll be very happy. Going to go right down to the wire. Good stuff.
I'm still confident because I have Goldstein in regards to winning hitouts. But it could just come down to whichever's players were more accurate in front of goal!

I'm still confident because I have Goldstein in regards to winning hitouts. But it could just come down to whichever's players were more accurate in front of goal!
Yep, you've got the hitouts covered, but that's likely to be what I run with all season. I think with the numbers so close my extra man may just give me the advantage, but it's going to be a photo finish.

Yep, you've got the hitouts covered, but that's likely to be what I run with all season. I think with the numbers so close my extra man may just give me the advantage, but it's going to be a photo finish.
Great start to the year, it's going to be very compeditive. Looking forward to a ripper season!

It may be a luxury having Hickey as a reserve ruck, so long as he keeps the no.1 ruck spot at the saints! I have also put up a ridiculous 73 tackles from 13 players. Still disappointed however as I am playing a team with severe injury problems, and have underperformed in a few key stats. I Can't wait to see the team stats from this league after round one though it will be interesting data.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back