Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's that unpopular. It depends on what you're into I guess but there aren't a lot of artists out there who have released anything as good as OK Computer.

I don't think it's that unpopular. It depends on what you're into I guess but there aren't a lot of artists out there who have released anything as good as OK Computer.
Errrrr have you actually listened to Born To Run?

Music taste is entirely subjective and you're entitled to your opinion, but to say they are 100 million times better than Springsteen in an attempt to bait me won't work.

The majority of what I have heard from Radiohead, in my opinion, is rubbish.

Errrrr have you actually listened to Born To Run?

Music taste is entirely subjective and you're entitled to your opinion, but to say they are 100 million times better than Springsteen in an attempt to bait me won't work.

The majority of what I have heard from Radiohead, in my opinion, is rubbish.
Yes I have. Have you listened to OK Computer?

Yes I have. Have you listened to OK Computer?

It isn't really my taste but it is a good album. Personally, I rate Springsteen higher and I think most people would.

But it's getting late here and I'm debating with Hawthorn supporters about nothing even related to football. Night! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You will have met plenty more than that.
Without wanting to sound patronising, you seem like a pretty smart young bloke and I would expect this opinion to change as you get older and a little more worldly.

As inflammatory and probably poor worded as the first line was, he's not completely wrong. Being a paedophile isn't any more a choice than being a homosexual is. The actual physical actions of consensual homosexual sex compared to paedophilia are worlds apart, one is rightly allowed and the other is rightly condemned, but I don't think having paedophilic thoughts is any more unnatural than having homosexual thoughts and I don't think somebody should be punished or chastised for those thoughts if they're not acting on them. I think that's what StrattonGun was trying to say.

If a so called "sport" has a winner that is decided by a judge, it is not a real sport. For example, surfing, gymnastics, diving. Winning s sporting event should be dictated on your ability, not someones opinion on how an individual or team performs.

The only grey area is boxing, where the winner can be decided by a judge, or ability.

If a so called "sport" has a winner that is decided by a judge, it is not a real sport. For example, surfing, gymnastics, diving. Winning s sporting event should be dictated on your ability, not someones opinion on how an individual or team performs.

The only grey area is boxing, where the winner can be decided by a judge, or ability.
But then who decides who has better ability?

As inflammatory and probably poor worded as the first line was, he's not completely wrong. Being a paedophile isn't any more a choice than being a homosexual is. The actual physical actions of consensual homosexual sex compared to paedophilia are worlds apart, one is rightly allowed and the other is rightly condemned, but I don't think having paedophilic thoughts is any more unnatural than having homosexual thoughts and I don't think somebody should be punished or chastised for those thoughts if they're not acting on them. I think that's what StrattonGun was trying to say.
So heterosexuality is also akin to paedophilia by that line of thought? I assume that your heterosexuality is no more a choice to you than my homosexuality is to me?

Stratton_Gun how is homosexuality 'unnatural'?

If it's unnatural then you're implying they've made a conscious choice, which is so not true I don't even know how you can come to that conclusion.

Just because one person believes a performance is better, doesnt make it a fact. It's just an opinion, so i don't believe in rewarding people based on opinion.
So how is the winner decided?

----

As for the gay thing, it's going to get messy. Leave it alone boys.

Don't know why anyone would go to uni and not live very close or on res? You're missing so much of the experience imo.
Because living on campus sucks. I did last year and it was awful. People were up until 4am every night of the week. Yeah, cool if you're sinking piss – but I was the only person who'd ever drink a beer after uni, or ever come through the door with a slab. They stayed up watching movies until 4am, ludicrously loud, talking about who kissed who.

Living on campus is overrated.

Here we go...
• the Gold Coast is tacky and just shit
• Michael Clarke is a fast-talking, condescending, false, and completely smug arseh*le
• the Aussie cricket team are completely unlikeable
• 'Mad Monday' isn't fun and is full of homoerotic behaviour that'd otherwise be seen as "queer shit" if not done in the club rooms
• the actual act of having sex on a one night stand is just drunk and unenjoyable; but the tram ride home in your musky clothes is the best part

So heterosexuality is also akin to paedophilia by that line of thought? I assume that your heterosexuality is no more a choice to you than my homosexuality is to me?

Pretty much, yeah. Heterosexuality, homosexuality, paedophilia, bestiality and any under sexual orientation under the sun are all innate and ingrained. The only difference is that heterosexuality is by far the most common. Some would say it's more 'natural', but I don't agree with that terminology, since any sexual orientation that a human being is born with is 'natural' by definition. Being a homosexual (or even a paedophile) is no more unnatural than being left-handed or a redhead.

I hope you're not interpreting what I'm saying as homophobic, that's not my intention. I'm just saying that it's unfair to play the 'homosexuality is not a choice' card but then to refuse to concede that same argument to a paedophile who doesn't act on his urges. If a paedophile does act on his urges, then that's different, because there's a huge difference between consenting adults (heterosexual or homosexual) engaging in sexual activity and an adult engaging in sexual activity with a minor. But a paedophile doesn't choose to be attracted to children any more than I choose to be attracted to women or you choose to be attracted to men.

Because living on campus sucks. I did last year and it was awful. People were up until 4am every night of the week. Yeah, cool if you're sinking piss – but I was the only person who'd ever drink a beer after uni, or ever come through the door with a slab. They stayed up watching movies until 4am, ludicrously loud, talking about who kissed who.

Living on campus is overrated.
Do you think this is just because you had a shit college/group of people? From what I've heard it's mostly amazing fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back