Unpopular tennis-related opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Henri Leconte and the Fanatics. Sport is meant for entertainment, it doesn't have to be so gentlemanly all the time.

I don't agree with the masses and believe that Thanasi has the qualities of a future top ranked player. Serve isn't massive. Doesn't move all that well. Net game is average. Showing frailties in pressure situations. The only win of note was against an injured Benneteau.

Think Tomic is still our best hope. Unique game. Only 22. Youngest player to win a title last year. His dickhead father has held him back.

I like Henri Leconte and the Fanatics. Sport is meant for entertainment, it doesn't have to be so gentlemanly all the time.

agree that sport should be about fun first, but its a business and in that respect there is a gentlemanly feel to it.

tennis is seen as a game for crowds with decorum. stay quiet and still during games and points, no abuse towards players. its an individual sport where you live and die by each shot. literally. players are on their own, they rely on prizemoney to put food on the table.

craig tiley said he loves the fanatics. obviously has to say that.

players with a chance of winning grand slams choreograph/plan their celebrations at training so that they get it right if they win.

winners (men) will always collapse gently to the ground on their back. after a few seconds get up, hands on face and embrace opponent.

but in recent days we have seen tomic go on one knee and look pensively downwards. Kokkinakis did a headstand in what i believe was a celebration gone wrong.

players with a chance of winning grand slams choreograph/plan their celebrations at training so that they get it right if they win.

winners (men) will always collapse gently to the ground on their back. after a few seconds get up, hands on face and embrace opponent.

but in recent days we have seen tomic go on one knee and look pensively downwards. Kokkinakis did a headstand in what i believe was a celebration gone wrong.

Seppo bullshit

the idiot in the age who bagged nick kyrgios for his interview on channel 7 . If the guy who interviewed me like they did kyrgios and asked me the same questions i would answer them the same way

Come on dude. Kokkinakis clearly was over the moon and really excited. His reaction and celebration was just natural and he had no idea what he was doing and then he ended up making himself look silly. It was great to watch him get so excited for such a big moment of his career. Do you really think he had a celebration planned and then botched it accidentally?

Seppo bullshit

When he put away Nadal at love in that final service game, Wawrinka didn’t fall to the ground or start crying. He shot a quick look to his player’s box and then went to the net to embrace his fallen foe.

i recall federer falling to the ground, practically having a quasi epileptic fit, hands on face, then sneakily looked at the camera, back to rehearsed celebration, then eventually up to shake hands with vanquished.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i recall federer falling to the ground, practically having a quasi epileptic fit, hands on face, then sneakily looked at the camera, back to rehearsed celebration, then eventually up to shake hands with vanquished.

Win a grand slam lets see what you do and get back to me

Need a player to do the spinneroonie when they win a match

2532280-9823577574-spina.gif

Also Kyrgios needs to adopt the Vince McMahon walk when he walks on to the court:

277e0-vince-mcmahon-walk.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back