ATP/WTA Australian Summer of Tennis 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I know she gets the reciprocal WC but there are prob other French players it could have gone to.

Up to the French to nominate TA don’t do the reciprocal ones.

Millman has always said he wanted to go back and study. He said years ago (i'm talking like 2015/2016) if he had one more nasty injury he would call it quits and trying something else. He did pretty freaking qwll.

He's commentating next week so I suspect he may do some commentary work during the Aussie summer at least.

Anyone know which half of the draw is on which days?

Novak said tonight he's playing Sunday night. I'm tipping he's probably the only one who's been told when he's playing.

Does anyone know how it will work with this extra day? Previously you could work which side of the draw was playing every second day.

Does round 1 just go over three days? Then round 2 will be Wed/Thurs are per usual? Or will round 2 matches also start on the Tuesday?

Novak said tonight he's playing Sunday night. I'm tipping he's probably the only one who's been told when he's playing.

Does anyone know how it will work with this extra day? Previously you could work which side of the draw was playing every second day.

Does round 1 just go over three days? Then round 2 will be Wed/Thurs are per usual? Or will round 2 matches also start on the Tuesday?

The second round starts on Wednesday so no change. It's just the first round is over three days. Doubles starts on Tuesday so a day earlier.

My guess would be top half Sunday and Monday, bottom half Monday and Tuesday.

I only had a quick look, but here is a guess of the six mens RLA games for round one. 3 from the top half and 3 from the bottom but they might be able to do 4-2/2-4 which could change things.

A few of these players are normally on Hisense or MCA but the extra day and no Nadal creates some space.

Sinner, Rublev and Rune are some not included below.

Top half
Djokovic (obvious)
Tsitsipas v Berretinni (Normally on Hisense but Berretinni gives it a bit more interest)
De Minaur v Rainic (I wondered if Seven want him him on RLA this year)

Bottom half all fairly obvious
Medvedev
Zverev v Koepfer
Alcaraz v Gasquet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only had a quick look, but here is a guess of the six mens RLA games for round one. 3 from the top half and 3 from the bottom but they might be able to do 4-2/2-4 which could change things.

A few of these players are normally on Hisense or MCA but the extra day and no Nadal creates some space.

Sinner, Rublev and Rune are some not included below.

Top half
Djokovic (obvious)
Tsitsipas v Berretinni (Normally on Hisense but Berretinni gives it a bit more interest)
De Minaur v Rainic (I wondered if Seven want him him on RLA this year)

Bottom half all fairly obvious
Medvedev
Zverev v Koepfer
Alcaraz v Gasquet

Demon should get every RLA match in his draw. Partly because he has the most difficult draw and partly because he is Australian.

You could be right, just couldn't see another obvious game from that half of the draw. Maybe 4games from the top half then with Sinner on RLA.

Might pick two women matches too that’s the other alternative.

Bublik is the drop shot king. He is making Draper run, run and run some more. It is a very entertaining match. Kasakina through to the final after Pegula withdrew with an injury will play Ostapenko.

Surprised there haven’t been more withdrawals

Was hoping Bublik would win tonight but not to be, hopefully he makes 3rd Rd in AO he takes on Alcaraz

It would not surprise me if Nagal ends up beating him. Seemed decent in qualifying and rhymes with Nadal so he has that going for him.

Also wouldn’t surprise me if Nagal loses in straight sets. So will be interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back