Votes: 6 42.9%
  • There won't be an upset

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • There will be more than one. Should be a good day

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn’t that Isner? He had that stupid long match against the other servebot and was cooked in the final, not that it would have mattered Novak eats them for breakfast
I think I am thinking of Hubert Hurkacz. Not quite an American... 2021.

In saying that, having just had a look, Fritz had that epic with Nadal over 2 days as a quarter final. Nadal then withdrew before the semi with Nick. 2022 that year.

Yeah this is stuffed.

What the hell went wrong with the scheduling today?
I think there was a legends double match on pushing the Joker match back that pushed the night session wayyyyyy back like we are seeing now.

Night session at 7pm is not an issue. Only becomes an issue when you put a Legends Doubles during the day sessions stacking the draw.
They started the day session at 12 every day so far...apart from today I agree, it is Not ideal but it has only gone past 7 once. I would prefer 3 matches and 11am but whatever. Matt said ESPN might have called a shot to have Coco after the College Basketball in the states, hence the 1pm start time today

So, for the quarters, which should have more even matches than the earlier rounds, they have given them 1 hour less to get through the day session. Great work Tiley!!!!!

remember these words from Tiley
We’ve listened to feedback from the players and fans and are excited to deliver a solution to minimise late finishes while continuing to provide a fair and equitable schedule on the stadium courts,” Tiley said

“The additional day will achieve this, benefiting scheduling for fans and players alike. The first round will now be played over three days instead of two, also giving fans an extra day of unbelievable tennis, entertainment, food and family fun.

“Every year our team works hard to bring fans an event that feels new and exciting, and this is another opportunity to grow what is already the biggest annual sporting event in the world in January.”

Should have played the legends doubles at the back courts. WTF.
Day session at 10am earliest. Every bloody time

Or start the legends at 11am…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back