ATP/WTA Australian Summer of Tennis 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Millman quite emotional in his interview. Said he is taking a break from tennis to do some study. Later signing autographs and doing selfies he told a fan he is studying an MBA at QUT and will come back to tennis... maybe. Commentator said TA should snap him up and I agree. (He also said he'd make a good coach).

Anyway, end of an era for me as I was a big fan.

Looking forward to the rest of the tournament though, lots of good tennis to come. Roll on Sunday when the main action starts :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ohh well I missed out on seeing my favourite Aussie player play live but congrats on a great career, would love to see him doing some commentary but sounds like he’ll be busy studying…maybe later on!!

Wont ever get to see Rafa again either but it’s okay bc I got to see him at least 4 times, just would of been nice for him to play one more AO! But not to be…

Ohh well I missed out on seeing my favourite Aussie player play live but congrats on a great career, would love to see him doing some commentary but sounds like he’ll be busy studying…maybe later on!!

Wont ever get to see Rafa again either but it’s okay bc I got to see him at least 4 times, just would of been nice for him to play one more AO! But not to be…

I would be surprised if he doesn't do some commentary here and there sooner rather than later.

I saw Millman play a few times at previous AOs. He was always a tough competitor and gave his all win or lose. What impressed me the most was at the end of the match he would hang around for ages signing autographs etc. literally until the last person waiting was done. Even once he'd exited the court and people came up to him he'd stop and talk to them. A true gent and not a bit of arrogance about him. He knew he was lucky to be doing what he was doing, never took it for granted and really appreciated the support.

Last edited:
If Alize Cornet can get one Millman can.

Cornet gets the French nominated one wish people wouldn’t get these ones confused just goes to the one France nominates. Part of the agreement between the 4 slams. There’s only 5 others to give.

Cornet still won way more matches last season regardless.

There’s no point if Australia ever wants to develop players they have to stop giving freebies to players well past their best. Similarly fantastic decision to not bow to pressure and give a 34 year old journey woman Rodinova one.

If he wanted one Millman would have deserved one over Polmans FFS. Polmans neither young or promising. Millman has contributed to Australian tennis enough to get one. Not comparable to Rodionova at all.

Ranked 113 and had a lot of decent wins this season. Also only 27.

If you can't break the top 100 after 10 years on tour, it is pointless giving them a wildcard

Even more pointless giving it to a journeyman who is retiring. Neither should get one. Should be giving it to young players

If he wanted one Millman would have deserved one over Polmans FFS. Polmans neither young or promising. Millman has contributed to Australian tennis enough to get one. Not comparable to Rodionova at all.
Millman got one last year and everyone complained he was too old...

Tomic should have gotten a qualifying WC too

Cornet gets the French nominated one wish people wouldn’t get these ones confused just goes to the one France nominates. Part of the agreement between the 4 slams. There’s only 5 others to give.

Cornet still won way more matches last season regardless.

There’s no point if Australia ever wants to develop players they have to stop giving freebies to players well past their best. Similarly fantastic decision to not bow to pressure and give a 34 year old journey woman Rodinova one.

Yes I know she gets the reciprocal WC but there are prob other French players it could have gone to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back