Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you watch him at RM, he's extremely selfless. His work up the patch is fantastic, he's one of the few RM midfielders or forwards who gets back, and then he works his way into the pointy end when he needs to.

Would be a fantastic signing, but I can't see RM letting him go, unless they get a shiny new toy.

You don't survive 6 seasons at Madrid as a foreigner unless you are a special player thats reality.

133 goals in 281 appearances is a good return for player that is not a focal point because of Ronaldo.. Look Alexis scoring ratio was well down at Barca compared to his 1st Season at us... Reality is he is better than Giroud in nearly every facet of the game.

He plays in a s**t league for one of the two best teams.

He averages around 16 league goals a season, in a team that regularly scores around 100 a season.

Alexis outscored Benezma in the league in his final season even with Messi as a focal point.

He plays in a s**t league for one of the two best teams.

He averages around 16 league goals a season, in a team that regularly scores around 100 a season.

Alexis outscored Benezma in the league in his final season even with Messi as a focal point.

Having Messi as a focal point is the same as having Ronaldo as one so I don't see what difference that makes... Who would you prefer we sign ?

Having Messi as a focal point is the same as having Ronaldo as one so I don't see what difference that makes... Who would you prefer we sign ?

You make made the remark that Benzema's goals were affected by having Ronaldo as a focal point.

I simply said Sanchez scored more league goals while having Messi as a focal point and being forced to alternate between wing and forward that season.

I don't prefer we sign anyone in particular.

Statements overnight from his agent that Benzema isn't leaving Madrid so could be a moot point regardless.

Anyone figured out how to watch the Emirates Cup matches yet? Seems to being showed on ESPN's online service in the US, but can't find any mention of Australian broadcasting.

Got back a few days ago from a Eurotrip - went to the Emirates and did the tour and all the add ons. Just a fantastic stadium. Seeing it in person helps numb the pain of all those years of trophyless-ness. Wenger did well to keep us top 4 while funding it.

Benzema won't leave and we could probably do with a DM or CB over another striker now anyway.

Got back a few days ago from a Eurotrip - went to the Emirates and did the tour and all the add ons. Just a fantastic stadium. Seeing it in person helps numb the pain of all those years of trophyless-ness. Wenger did well to keep us top 4 while funding it.

Benzema won't leave and we could probably do with a DM or CB over another striker now anyway.
Yeah I did the tour in 2012, when I got to the tunnel I had tears in my eyes. ******* brilliant, would do it again in a heartbeat.

The people I was staying with, the husband worked at The Emirates - got me on the tour for free and I saved 30 odd quid in the store, which was handy considering I spent 120 pounds after my discount :D

Saw Lauren there too, got a photo with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way he will sign a CB when we already have 4 that he rates.

Does it really matter though?

Everyone knows we have enough money to get almost any player, providing that the player and club want to sell.

I dont see anything groundbreaking with what he said.

Its unusual because Wenger essentially speaks on behalf of the club 90% of the time. Gazidis the rest.

It's odd that a board member is so vocal, irrespective if he's just speaking facts. Even Usmanov is quiet these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back