Toast Update for Josh Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

JUST GOT A TWEET FROM LUKE MASON damn it..damn it the news is not good Josh Thomas is still on the injury list but there has been confusion so within the next couple of days he will update us on the Josh Thomas injury on the Collingwood FC website
My aplogies for my earlier post on this thread something went wrong because he was sure he was going to play this week...but not the case anymore :(:(:(

He had it on the Pies Web-Site as well

Had further Surgery 2 weeks ago.

How do you know this?

Well then if that is the Case he might be a Lee Walker/Tom Davidson sad story. Had Real Talent but always injured:(

That's that then!

Not ever will two Thomases play together in the one side. Already that man forever-clad in moonboots is erased from all future team-change thoughts and other machinations of the mind. Finally he is lost to us, along with 2 draft picks, one after the other, with Sinclair taken first.

Such waste!

At least if he ever makes it he'll have an appropriate nickname... Moonboot.

In all seriousness though that's shocking news, he was one player I'd been looking forward to getting a crack since we drafted him.

How do you know this?

Well then if that is the Case he might be a Lee Walker/Tom Davidson sad story. Had Real Talent but always injured:(

Picked 75.. this kid is seriosully overrated thanks to always being on the injury list... a case of sean rusling perhaps. His 21 now and still not AFL standard. Would much rather have McCarthy, far better player.

Luke Ball recovering from an ACL may have given Thomas another year. If at worst we could possibly re-rookie him.

Either way, I wouldn;t throw him out just yet. I'd rather keep him than pick up a skinny kid during round 4

That's that then!

Not ever will two Thomases play together in the one side. Already that man forever-clad in moonboots is erased from all future team-change thoughts and other machinations of the mind. Finally he is lost to us, along with 2 draft picks, one after the other, with Sinclair taken first.

Such waste!

Sinclair a wasted pick?, i agree he doesn't look up to it ATM, but give him a chance, IMO he gets to the right positions but just lacks poise ATM, that is something experience will help with, he's been better than rounds IMO and rounds has been here longer, Bucks obviously see's something he likes in Sinclair, just give him a bit time.

Delist then re-rookie. If we are willing to put the likes of Stubbs, Farmer and Thoolen on our rookie list then Thomas deserves one last (cheap) year to prove himself.

He is still young enough and we have invested plenty in him. No doubting his ability or potential having seen him first hand...in one of his few games in the VFL.

Still shaking my head over Jye Bolton...reckon he would be a chance to get a ones game this season now that Luke Ball's gone down for the year - had we retained him of course.

Still shaking my head...

Had further Surgery 2 weeks ago.

What type of surgery was it? Because feet can be funny things Beams and Pendles have had foot surgery in recent seasons and been back playing within a month (which would leave him just 2-3 weeks from resuming). Whereas Grimes and Petrie missed seasons with theirs.

I'd keep him on, those that have seen him play know what he can do so the hype is justified IMO. The other thing is I just doubt we'll find someone that can come in and debut as an inside mid at 18 in 2013, which is something I'm confident Thomas could do at 21. His feet will come good eventually it's just whether he can keep the rest of his body healthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will depend on his prognosis. Sometimes you just have to cut your losses, which in JT's case would be measured in potential as he was a late draft pick. Obviously I'd love to see him healthy and putting games together, but the odds are now well against him.

Hard to understand what happened with Jye Bolton, but given every other AFL club was eating our s**t and saying "Mmmmm, delicious, who's the cook?!" at the time, and he didn't get a rookie contract anywhere... I sense all is not as it seems.

Hard to understand what happened with Jye Bolton, but given every other AFL club was eating our s**t and saying "Mmmmm, delicious, who's the cook?!" at the time, and he didn't get a rookie contract anywhere... I sense all is not as it seems.

If Bolton got no takers in an ordinary draft, there is obviously something amiss, especially if the club's excrement was being lapped up elsewhere.

Was Sinclair and Thomas drafted to play the same type of role?

I wouldn't have thought many clubs outside of QLD would have been into Thomas due to him playing in the QLD comp thus him being picked up so late by us. What is interesting is that although GC tried to pre list him, the Lions didn't seem as keen.

Where is Bolton playing now?

On that I'd like to know
Where are they now.
Jack Perham
Tom Gordan
Jared Blight

Bolton is playing for Werribe.

I guess Gordon is playing for a Amateur Side

I wouldn't have thought many clubs outside of QLD would have been into Thomas due to him playing in the QLD comp thus him being picked up so late by us. What is interesting is that although GC tried to pre list him, the Lions didn't seem as keen.

I remember him being pretty highly rated coming into the draft. Predicted in quite a few mock drafts to go in the 30s. This is Burgan's blurb from the AFL site.

37 - NORTH MELBOURNE - Josh Thomas
DOB: 01/10/91, Height: 176cm, Weight: 74kg
Recruited from: Redland/Gold Coast (QLD)
Draft range:
21-41
Meet Josh Thomas

Like Dayne Beams last year, Thomas rejected an offer to become a member of the inaugural Gold Coast team in 2011, instead opting for the draft. And there have been plenty of interested parties, too, including Essendon, the Brisbane Lions and Hawthorn. Collingwood is at the forefront, but expect the Roos to pounce and bolster their midfield stocks. Capable of playing half-forward and half-back, Thomas is a contested ball-winner with sharp kicking skills.

So he was definitely on everyone's radar, and at the time seemed like we got a real bargain.

Josh and Jamie Elliott look pretty similar, and considering Elliott is out with an injury at the moment, I'm going to assume you saw Jamie on crutches, and not Josh, especially after what Dayna36 said earlier in this thread about JT returning to the VFL next week.

I saw a guy in Chapel St today on crutches, non weight bearing at all.

Was sure at the time it was Josh Thomas

Sorry for contributing to this thread with facts mattys123 and Swooop, I'll make sure I don't do it again.

Was Sinclair and Thomas drafted to play the same type of role?.

To the best of my understanding from the draft, we loaded up on inside mids, and both Sinclair and Thomas were touted as inside players. Sinclair might have been an inside-mid in the under 10s or 12s, but it is hard to visualise him busting through or out of packs subsequent to that age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back