USA US presidential election 2024: Sleepy Joe v Stable Genius 2.0?

What happens if Joe Biden doesn't seek a second term?

• Kamala Harris becomes the Democratic nominee in 2024

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Someone else becomes the nominee

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

People here complain when Dan misses 1 day in 100. There they give interviews on the golf course and noone cares.
Huh?

Inheriting a problem doesnt mean he doesnt need a solution.
Sure, but a fair-minded assessment requires an acknowledgement that these problems were inherited.

And what exactly should the US government be doing now to reduce Covid deaths? If you've got millions of people who simply refuse to get vaccinated, what is the solution to that?

Huh?

Sure, but a fair-minded assessment requires an acknowledgement that these problems were inherited.

And what exactly should the US government be doing now to reduce Covid deaths? If you've got millions of people who simply refuse to get vaccinated, what is the solution to that?

We have that and got locked up until we hit a % not reached by any major country in the world.

The golf interview was a refence to Bush who was talking about Iraq then finished the interview with "now watch me take this shot".

Joe Biden has been sworn-in as the 46th US president.

He's already 78. Is he going to give it another shake in 2024? Seems like a stretch, surely?

If not, VP Kamala Harris seems like the presumptive nominee. She'll have had an unmatched platform and will presumably count on the support of the Democratic establishment, including Biden himself.

If it comes to that, I think it would be a mistake to simply "anoint" her and clear the field, allowing her to run without a competitive primary. The closest analogy is probably Al Gore at the end of the Clinton presidency in 2000. But more recently, there's also the example of HRC in 2016. I hope they don't spend the next four years building her up that way.

I think that kind of fix backfired for Clinton in 2016 and I'm not sure it would be good for Harris either, who is smart and charismatic but remains unproven as a campaigner. Her 2016 primary run, for example, was a debacle. She might end up being the best canddiate in 2024 - again, assuming Biden doesn't seek re-election. But she should fight for it. The idea that party insiders have simply picked her would, I think, not help her chances.

I'm not sure what that field could potentially look like so far in advance - Buttigieg? Cuomo? Newsom? Yang? AOC? Klobuchar? - but it might not be the lay-down misère for Harris the party would like.

We're a long way out and a lot can change, not least with regard to the Republican Party and the challenger it presents.

Nonetheless, I think a competitive primary would be preferable to simply clearing the field and gifting Harris the nomination.
They say a week is a long time in politics so seven months must be a lifetime.

As I see it.

Biden has just had his Saigon moment, and the press are starting to turn against him. It is clear that he is not running on all four cylinders.

Kamala is getting white-anted by the WH, she is supposed to be in charge of the border and the optics are not good for her. Leaks on how she is a bitch to work for are circulating. Her cackling is a tell. When she cackles she doesn't have a answer.

Andrew Cuomo is a sex pest apparently. He has been forced to resign the Governorship.

Gavin Newsom has been recalled.

A variation of Andrew Yang's UBB are proving Americans won't work if they don't have too. Employers are complaining that they can't get workers because Biden's Covid benefit is too much and a disincentive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely they come up with someone better than Harris
But, all I care, Bernie goes strong for as long as possible.
Need more progressives and people of integrity like him to challenge the establishment

Surely they come up with someone better than Harris
Like who?

Even if there is a competitive primary, as there should be, the sitting VP will presumably enjoy some massive advantages, including the backing of the party and the Democratic establishment.

Something very dramatic would have to happen in the next 2-3 years for someone other than Biden or Harris to secure the nomination for 2024.

Like who?

Even if there is a competitive primary, as there should be, the sitting VP will presumably enjoy some massive advantages, including the backing of the party and the Democratic establishment.

Something very dramatic would have to happen in the next 2-3 years for someone other than Biden or Harris to secure the nomination for 2024.
Like who?
That's the problem, I see no one else. There must be a competitive primary, but I just don't see anyone else

The Democrats must have a competitive primary.

Back