Mod. Notice Vale Grizzlym

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah that's terrible news to hear.

Grizzlym was one of the most entertaining, level headed, good natured guys on the website and his story telling prowess was legendary.

Condolonces and best wishes to all his family and friends.

RIP Grizz... a gentleman poster, a legend and sure to be a big loss for many on and off this site. I've noted many who started modding back around when I did have mentioned the influence and time he had for us, if there's a BigFooty hall of fame he's top of the heap.

Words can’t say how bad I feel over this when I heard this.
Remember meeting him at a mods catch up. Absolute gentleman and scholar.
He’ll be modding the board from upstairs now 😇😇😇

It’s been a while, but I know plenty here still post with the spirit of Grizzlym when they come up with a hypothetical trade that will finally land us the most sought after player in the history of the BF Hawk board…..Nathan Carroll.

Grizz really loved that joke every trade period.

It’s been a while, but I know plenty here still post with the spirit of Grizzlym when they come up with a hypothetical trade that will finally land us the most sought after player in the history of the BF Hawk board…..Nathan Carroll.

Grizz really loved that joke every trade period.
You know he's the final piece of the puzzle.

Smitch will get his man!

C ya Grizz - one of the best - fantastic work in keeping the main board under control, glad I got the chance to catch up with you at a mod meet up. One of a rare breed - a reasonable Hawks supporter!

Your work is cut out for you now Grizz, at least you'll have Fred for company to keep those two trouble-makers JUBJUB and Lidge under control up in the Big Footy Forum of the legends, albeit all too soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not easy to explain what Grizz meant to this site and this community in just a post.

He helped a lot of people with his level headed advice and insight. He was a mentor. He cracked us up with his stories. He was generous with his time and advice, maybe even to a fault. He was a good one.

Heard the sad news via Chism. I never got around to meet the man but always had the Hawks nest in control. Very admirable and much respected. Vale Grizzlym. :'(

If you don't mind Kobi, what stories about your dad are as odd and bizarre as you grandpa's bum soap and the Yahtzee cup?
With time, I'm sure stories will come to me. But he was similar to his old man, more than he'd care to admit - in mannerisms, in values, and even in looks they were cut from the same cloth.
What BF doesn't know is that Matt's mum was the weirder parent. She once sent him to Greek school for a day, because she thought that he should learn Greek. Keep in mind we have no one Greek in the family. He sat at the back of the class in embarrassment and left not knowing a word of Greek, as according to Matt, they only taught him how superior Ancient Greece was to other civilisations.
I remember Matt telling me that when him and his brother were little, on long country drives passing fields of hay bales, she'd peer over the front seat and whisper to them These come alive and roll around at night. I consider him remembering this detail as an indication of just how terrified he was.
Tractor Johndeere GIF by Split Diamond Ranch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back