Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

At times, we concern ourselves with overpaying certain AFL players.

The LA Dodgers Baseball Club have just signed Japanese Shohei Ohtani on a $70 million deal per YEAR, for 10 years...($1.06 billion AUD)

nice job if you can get it....
Dude is a unicorn, Only player in modern Major League history to hit and pitch at an all-star level.

Also wise to keep in mind that MLB doesn't have a salary cap.

Either way if I'm ever so fortunate to have kids, They're gonna be baseball players :laughing:

Merry Christmas to all my fellows suns, bigfooty posters, I love this forum. The different points of view, the robust debates and pure joy when we are winning.

Sorry I’ve been a grumpy bugger again this year. Looking forward to a more chill 2024. Hope the New Year brings all you have hoped for 👍

Sorry I’ve been a grumpy bugger again this year.
Just like the sun rising every day
Matisse And Sadko Sun GIF by Tiësto

Merry Christmas to all my fellows suns, bigfooty posters, I love this forum. The different points of view, the robust debates and pure joy when we are winning.

Sorry I’ve been a grumpy bugger again this year. Looking forward to a more chill 2024. Hope the New Year brings all you have hoped for 👍
Better days are coming for us all,big man.
1000000769.jpg
Obligatory December 25th well wishes to you all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1907524

Give credit where credit is due. Pretty amazing really 25k prior to the season
Having lived in Shitney for 5 years when they started this is amazing. Crowds were laughable in 2012-2018

A lesson that if you play good football, people jump on board

Edit: it doesn’t hurt that their guernsey is ******* awesome, the charcoal with the G is fire

Having lived in Shitney for 5 years when they started this is amazing. Crowds were laughable in 2012-2018

A lesson that if you play good football, people jump on board

Edit: it doesn’t hurt that their guernsey is ******* awesome, the charcoal with the G is fire
In 2023, GWS home crowds were still laughable except Swans game. According to AFLTABLES 2023 average for all home games (12) 10,161 is actually worse than average in every year 2015-2019. Barely beating 2013 (9,701) and 2014 (9,226).

Giants Stadium

Interesting Johnathon Brown’s daughter is in the Gold Coast Suns academy

He talks about Gold Coast football from 7.20

I think his son Jack is in there as well?
It was speculated in our academy thread earlier this year that Jack Brown is a member of our academy because the same name showed up from the southern Gold Coast area in our U12s squad and the age matches up. Browny seems pretty adamant that his daughter is a chance to make it and Jack isn't. Hopefully spending a few years in the PBC pathway at least leads to Liv considering choosing us over the Lions. Would be nice to get one back after we missed out on the Ashcroft brothers.

No way there’s 45,000 in Las Vegas for the NRL. Stadium looks more than half empty. More lies from the commentators than a Trump rally. Maybe they might file in later for the Broncos.
Personally I think the NRL are kidding themselves if they think they can make it in the States.

Not sure if we have any closet gamblers on the forum. But I’ve been watching over the Brownlow betting. Rowell is in to third to fourth favourite (depending who you bet with) currently sitting at $9.

I’m not sure what he was paying before round zero. But at half time of our round zero game he was paying $26, by the time the game finished he was paying $21, this is the odds I got. Already offering back 1.5 times more than I put on in a cash out.

I don’t truely see Rowell getting the Brownlow. But he’d have to have 5-6 votes already.

Not sure if we have any closet gamblers on the forum. But I’ve been watching over the Brownlow betting. Rowell is in to third to fourth favourite (depending who you bet with) currently sitting at $9.

I’m not sure what he was paying before round zero. But at half time of our round zero game he was paying $26, by the time the game finished he was paying $21, this is the odds I got. Already offering back 1.5 times more than I put on in a cash out.

I don’t truely see Rowell getting the Brownlow. But he’d have to have 5-6 votes already.
Got him at 100/1 in pre season, unfortunately only put $5 on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back