Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

there's a thread on the main board about "pick one player to be on your team for the rest of their career blah blah blah"

i'd go with fyfe. i mean just look at it.

b: mckenzie, thompson, broughton
hb: kolodjashnij, may, lemmens
c: harbrow, fyfe, swallow
hf: ablett, lynch, bennell
f: matera, day, dixon
r: smith, o'meara, prestia
ic: stanley, rischitelli, shaw, russell (s)

glorious. dunno how we'd squeeze martin in. maybe in place of russell.

so I was reading the Fairfax article on religion in footy
Aaaron Hall, Gaz and Zac Smith the God botherers in our team
To my great delight reading through the quotes from Andrew Swallow I read"his brother David is not a churchgoer"
This kid just gets better and better.:D
Hey man don't knock them, they're allowed to look up to Gaz Snr

so I was reading the Fairfax article on religion in footy
Aaaron Hall, Gaz and Zac Smith the God botherers in our team
To my great delight reading through the quotes from Andrew Swallow I read"his brother David is not a churchgoer"
This kid just gets better and better.:D
So long as they keep it to themselves I don't have an issue with it, Davey Swallow on the other hand seems like a guy with his head bolted on straight with too much common sense to believe in such malarkey.

We're all just waiting for the day Gaz Sr goes gray/white and grows a big beard to make the comparisons complete.

Guys, I am not religious but you shouldn't be whinging about this. It is good we actually have a group of boys at the club with good morales who are not going to be the Dayne Beams and Dustin Martins of the world. Good on them, I fully support their beliefs. Whatever drives you to succeed in life I say. Has worked for the little master.

So long as they keep it to themselves I don't have an issue with it, Davey Swallow on the other hand seems like a guy with his head bolted on straight with too much common sense to believe in such malarkey.

We're all just waiting for the day Gaz Sr goes gray/white and grows a big beard to make the comparisons complete.

Church going in my mind at least is as much to do with community and humility as the text of the Bible, Gary Jnr is a great example of both those values and our club is a better place for it.

Guys, I am not religious but you shouldn't be whinging about this. It is good we actually have a group of boys at the club with good morales who are not going to be the Dayne Beams and Dustin Martins of the world. Good on them, I fully support their beliefs. Whatever drives you to succeed in life I say. Has worked for the little master.

Me neither - wasn't it Gandhi who said " TheSunGod has no religion"? Anyway... I would call myself spiritual not religious, but all those c#?ts on the main board calling for Gaz' suspension can go and get ****ed. Take that tall poppy you were trying to cut down and smoke it. Lord have mercy on me, a sinner :cool:

10376738_281217438716225_2816556560057632724_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Media reporting GWS Jez Cameron may request a trade back to Victoria at seasons end. Report saying a 6+ year, million dollar per season deal contract would need to offered to secure him and Rd1 pick + player(s) in return. Going to a frenzy from the Vic clubs during trades period if true!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...turn-to-victoria/story-fni5f7qp-1226932258711

I am sure the Pies and Bombers would of been in his ear, I hope it doesn't happen as the comp needs strong clubs in the Northern markets

I have a thought which I am really interested in the thoughts/feedback of BF scribes.

I understand that a club has to rotate players through injury/form and match ups against opposition teams.

My thoughts are based that Day, Dixon and Lynch are best placed in the forward line.

If GCS are to match it with the heavy weights then I think a review of the back line should be considered.

As an example the Sydney game will potentially throw up Tippett, Franklin, Reid, Goodes and Pyke as forward line players. I find it difficult to see how the present set up of the GCS backline will match them for height.

Obviously everyone has to be playing their role. However ultimately a team structure has to be good enough to beat teams like Sydney, Geelong, etc who have height in their forward lines.

While I think May has been exceptional I still consider him a 3rd tall defender. It places a lot of pressure on Thompson who is may miss more games due to a reported wrist injury.

There is an old saying that while players get slower at the end of a game they do not get any shorter!!!

I have a thought which I am really interested in the thoughts/feedback of BF scribes.

I understand that a club has to rotate players through injury/form and match ups against opposition teams.

My thoughts are based that Day, Dixon and Lynch are best placed in the forward line.

If GCS are to match it with the heavy weights then I think a review of the back line should be considered.

As an example the Sydney game will potentially throw up Tippett, Franklin, Reid, Goodes and Pyke as forward line players. I find it difficult to see how the present set up of the GCS backline will match them for height.

Obviously everyone has to be playing their role. However ultimately a team structure has to be good enough to beat teams like Sydney, Geelong, etc who have height in their forward lines.

While I think May has been exceptional I still consider him a 3rd tall defender. It places a lot of pressure on Thompson who is may miss more games due to a reported wrist injury.

There is an old saying that while players get slower at the end of a game they do not get any shorter!!!

Do they actually run a 5 man tall forward line? We would burn them on the rebound badly.

You literally cannot run more than 3 lock down tall defenders. It makes you too slow. May to Franklin, Thompson to Tippett then we rely on a 3rd tall to do a good job with the help of great midfield pressure. No team has a defence with three star KPD's. It isn't sustainable. This is the only team in the competition with that many talls up forward.

Only half of it, I think the sewerage ponds from memory.

The important stuff is in the QLD half, just remember that ;)
All of it from memory, You drive for a bit before you get back into QLD, Nice try though. ;)

Done my research, It's about 50/50, You actually cross the border on the runway.

Last edited:
All of it from memory, You drive for a bit before you get back into QLD, Nice try though. ;)

Done my research, It's about 50/50, You actually cross the border on the runway.

5uhqwOw.png

You can clearly see the terminals are in Queensland. New South Wales can only lay claim to about half the runway...

432.gif

Congratulations on your success this year guys. You've really slipped under the radar. A couple of days ago I looked at the ladder and there you were. Sneaky buggers ;). But really. you guys remind me of my team last year. Beat the teams that were put in front of you and learned from the bigger matches. That's all you can ask for really.

Our teams may be involved in a few stoushes and have bad blood in the future so I'll take time now say well done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back