Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-06/malceski-on-the-lead

Malcheski now a vice captain, ( 1 captain and 4 vice captains) geez

EDIT: Watching the video Eade said originally 7 players were selected to the leadership group but Harbrow dropped out. He also said there would be a group of 8 "emerging leaders" that will work with the leadership group.

My question is do we have any Indians for all these Chiefs to lead, fair dinkum, just way over the top.

Last edited:
If the Suns get a home final this year, will is basically be a given that it will sell out? The only sold out game we've had in our history was against Collingwood which didn't sell out until the day of the match, but I'd assume that a final against anyone would sell out before the day?

If the Suns get a home final this year, will is basically be a given that it will sell out? The only sold out game we've had in our history was against Collingwood which didn't sell out until the day of the match, but I'd assume that a final against anyone would sell out before the day?

Do we have to finish top 4 to get a home final? if so I think we would struggle.

So excited about this year, we are going to be great to watch

I think the first game at Metricon was sold out weeks in advance

I had a nice lady out to my place this afternoon to wash my dog, and as I met her when she arrived, she saw that I was wearing my Suns membership polo. Turns out she's a Suns supporter too, having moved from Melbourne several years ago and wanted to support a local club. Thought it was strange to meet another Suns supporter in such circumstances, especially out in Ipswich! Pretty cool though :)

Had a couple questions figured I'd put it here. If this is answered somewhere please point it out.

When I ordered my GC membership I got a free membership to Southport Sharks. I was stoked. Gives me a reason to follow the NEAFL, looking it up as I knew nothing about the NEAFL besides it was a tier 2 league. Turns out there is a GC reserve team.

So my questions...

1. Who do you guys support?
2. Why they giving away memberships to Sharks if you got a reserve team?

I'm confused. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Had a couple questions figured I'd put it here. If this is answered somewhere please point it out.

When I ordered my GC membership I got a free membership to Southport Sharks. I was stoked. Gives me a reason to follow the NEAFL, looking it up as I knew nothing about the NEAFL besides it was a tier 2 league. Turns out there is a GC reserve team.

So my questions...

Hey mate!

I don't personally support any NEAFL club, mainly because NEAFL is killing grassroots Aussie rules in Queensland and should be completely overhauled to include ONLY Queensland teams.

However, Suns members are given Sharks memberships to gain entrance to the Sharks club in Southport on the Gold Coast, which is basically a really large pub/bar/restaurant which is associated with the NEAFL club. You usually pay for a membership and you'll get free access, discounts on food and drink, etc.

So basically, you're getting a membership for access to restaurant and bar rather than a membership to the NEAFL club. The NEAFL club does play on the grounds though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So my questions...

The Southport Sharks are a foundation Member of the Suns and have poured in Millions to get a club on the coast, at one stage they were the front runner to get the 17th licence but the AFL (probably correctly) decided to start a fresh brand. Social events for the Suns such as the Best and Fairest are held at the SPS function rooms

Went to the fan day today with a buddy who is a Suns fan. Thought all the players acquitted themselves except for Harvey Bennell. Was hiding in one of the tents refusing to speak to some kids. Overheard one of the mothers saying she was going to report him to a Suns staff member.

Went to the fan day today with a buddy who is a Suns fan. Thought all the players acquitted themselves except for Harvey Bennell. Was hiding in one of the tents refusing to speak to some kids. Overheard one of the mothers saying she was going to report him to a Suns staff member.
I saw Harley talking to some people, but I definitely saw that you were talking about too. Seemed to be avoiding the fans. Mind you, I at least saw him signing some stuff and was interacting part of the time.

There were a few players I didn't see at all once the introduction finished, so at least Harley was out I suppose - very strange though. I wonder what was up.

How strange - perhaps they spend all their money paying Gaz to be apart of it so they couldn't afford a decent brochure/ad.

Wanted mention that having met Rocket a few times now, he's such an amazing dude. Incredibly friendly to fans and so down to earth. If his coaching ability is as great as his ability to interact with fans, we're in for a great season.

I spoke to him , he was fine , having spoken to Harley a few times now , he is the shy type who is not really made for these events , also Harbrow , but they do there best . For people to report them for this is crazy and they should take a hard look at themselves . Some players where in the tents but it was a hot day , i just walked into the tents and started talking , dont be shy people.

Wanted mention that having met Rocket a few times now, he's such an amazing dude. Incredibly friendly to fans and so down to earth. If his coaching ability is as great as his ability to interact with fans, we're in for a great season.

It really is chalk and cheese when you compare rocket and Bluey at these events , Rocket has all the time in the world for you while Bluey always seemed to have a million things on his mind , there are different people , and players seem excited what the season has to offer this year.

i just walked into the tents and started talking , dont be shy people.
I did the exact same thing with a few of the guys - Hallahan said he is still having issues with teh heat here which was why he was in the tent haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back