Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not overly surprising. He grew up in Townsville in the late 90s/early 2000s so there is a very good chance he attended several Cowboys games in his younger days. No doubt he would have watched NRL with his school friends as well. I remember a video they once did for SUNS TV where they were asking the players what they thought was the biggest sporting event in the world. Most said the Olympics or the FIFA World Cup but Josh Hall was the only one to say State of Origin. Therefore, I can only assume he is a staunch Queensland supporter and dreamt of pulling on the Maroon jersey when he was growing up.

Good luck to him. I think it would be cool to see a sportsman represent both professional Gold Coast teams over the span of his career.

Question for you guys. I'll be making my way to Perth soon and I'll basically be spending 24 hours on a plane and was wondering if any of you could recommend some footy books?

Thanks.

A lot of the autobiographies are pretty good. Matty Lloyds, barry Halls, Fevolas. Pretty much any of the KPF really!

Way to skinny for league , would have to put on 30 kegs . Not sure who he thinks he is.

I saw that.. Neally fell off my chair..
Obviously he know his time is up at the end of year and his looking at his options..
Looks better for him if he quits the Suns mid season to chase NRL then to get Delisted at end of year and be known as a failed AFL player.
But his chances are zero.

It's not overly surprising. He grew up in Townsville in the late 90s/early 2000s so there is a very good chance he attended several Cowboys games in his younger days. No doubt he would have watched NRL with his school friends as well. I remember a video they once did for SUNS TV where they were asking the players what they thought was the biggest sporting event in the world. Most said the Olympics or the FIFA World Cup but Josh Hall was the only one to say State of Origin. Therefore, I can only assume he is a staunch Queensland supporter and dreamt of pulling on the Maroon jersey when he was growing up.

Good luck to him. I think it would be cool to see a sportsman represent both professional Gold Coast teams over the span of his career.
after you mentioning the league thing, I can't help but remember his first game (think against richmond in cairns) where he pulled out a few massive successful sidesteps. would be interesting to see how he goes. next up might be a crack at the 2018 com games! haha

after you mentioning the league thing, I can't help but remember his first game (think against richmond in cairns) where he pulled out a few massive successful sidesteps. would be interesting to see how he goes. next up might be a crack at the 2018 com games! haha
I'm sure he practiced that move many times in his backyard back in Townsville. Both Benji Marshall and former Sun Karmichael Hunt were known for their step back when Josh was in high school and I have no doubt the league influence is a big reason he did that in the Richmond game. Considering he is probably settled on the Gold Coast, his three sporting options are probably trying to keep his AFL career alive by performing well in the NEAFL, converting to rugby league in an attempt to gain a contract with the Titans or begin training with Gold Coast Athletics in High Jump with the goal of qualifying for the Commonwealth Games in three years. The Suns don't seem overly interested in keeping him, the Titans coach came out today and said he'd have to do his time in the Q Cup before they offer him a contract and I'm not 100% sure about Gold Coast Athletics. I think GC Athletics may be moving their main base from Griffith University to Carrara in the near future but don't quote me on that.

Unfortunately for Josh, he was never a great footballer and logic would dictate he probably isn't outstanding in the rugby codes either. He'd probably needs to put on at least 15kgs to play either code of rugby and that's obviously something he's struggled with at the Suns. He just turned 25 so it's unlikely he'll be able to put on a lot of size if he hasn't already. Plus, going back to the local level for the Burleigh Bears would probably result in a few tradies having a field day by smashing the 'former gAyFL player'. I reckon it's time to give High Jump another go, Josh. He could make his return to Metricon Stadium in 2018 as a High Jumper.

I'm sure he practiced that move many times in his backyard back in Townsville. Both Benji Marshall and former Sun Karmichael Hunt were known for their step back when Josh was in high school and I have no doubt the league influence is a big reason he did that in the Richmond game. Considering he is probably settled on the Gold Coast, his three sporting options are probably trying to keep his AFL career alive by performing well in the NEAFL, converting to rugby league in an attempt to gain a contract with the Titans or begin training with Gold Coast Athletics in High Jump with the goal of qualifying for the Commonwealth Games in three years. The Suns don't seem overly interested in keeping him, the Titans coach came out today and said he'd have to do his time in the Q Cup before they offer him a contract and I'm not 100% sure about Gold Coast Athletics. I think GC Athletics may be moving their main base from Griffith University to Carrara in the near future but don't quote me on that.

Unfortunately for Josh, he was never a great footballer and logic would dictate he probably isn't outstanding in the rugby codes either. He'd probably needs to put on at least 15kgs to play either code of rugby and that's obviously something he's struggled with at the Suns. He just turned 25 so it's unlikely he'll be able to put on a lot of muscle if he hasn't already. Plus, going back to the local level for the Burleigh Bears would probably result in a few tradies having a field day by smashing the 'former gAyFL player'. I reckon it's time to give High Jump another go, Josh. He could make his return to Metricon Stadium in 2018 as a High Jumper.
I think he should become a potato farmer, should feel comfortable around all those other spuds

Yeah, that'll do it.....:rolleyes:

With the departure of Sumner and Josh Hall our sole remaining "project" player is Zac Smith, and he may be looking at his options with Brisbane Roar in 16 weeks time I reckon
One thing I like about Rocket is he seems to like footballers
Exactly, what a revolutionary idea that is, surely it's better to get great athletes and try to turn them into footballers

Just look at the fast running, high jumping "athletes that have gone on to dominate the AFL
Josh Hall
Majak Daw
Zac Smith
And umm...............Kurt Tippett

Much better than those non athletes like
Greg Williams
Jason Dunstall
Sam Mitchell
James Hird
Tony Lockett

I mean what have those guys ever done apart from a few Brownlows, flags, Colmans, first and second leading goal kickers of all time.
Bring on the footballers for * sake

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly, what a revolutionary idea that is, surely it's better to get great athletes and try to turn them into footballers

Just look at the fast running, high jumping "athletes that have gone on to dominate the AFL
Josh Hall
Majak Daw
Zac Smith

Greg Williams
Jason Dunstall
Sam Mitchell
James Hird
Tony Lockett

I mean what have those guys ever done apart from a few Brownlows, flags, Colmans, first and second leading goal kickers of all time.
Bring on the footballers for **** sake

Blicavs is the diamond in the rough which all clubs are hoping and willing to go out on a limb to get an advantage on the rest of the competition.

Josh Hall
Majak Daw
Zac Smith

Greg Williams
Jason Dunstall
Sam Mitchell
James Hird
Tony Lockett

Bring on the footballers for **** sake
Post of the year.

And the Yank 'athletes' the clubs are chasing, and still failing to convert will be another example.

Blicavs is the diamond in the rough which all clubs are hoping and willing to go out on a limb to get an advantage on the rest of the competition.

Blicavs will play about 100 games, and 60 of those will be based on overhyping some early promising games
Does anyone remember the hype over Josh Hall's first game when the media fashion was to believe every one of our 18 year olds was a new Carey

Blicavs will play about 100 games, and 60 of those will be based on overhyping some early promising games
Does anyone remember the hype over Josh Hall's first game when the media fashion was to believe every one of our 18 year olds was a new Carey

Already played 50 and getting better and better..
27 touches against the pies last week..
Was running with Pendlebury kept him quiet for a half.. Then was in the Ruck and at full forward kicking goals..
No one can keep up with him your either 15cm to short and can almost keep up with his running.. Or similar size and can only last a qtr on him

Huge amount of Bluey love on FB, they seem to think if he was still in charge we would be fighting for a top four spot, how quickly we forget.
Yeah without Ablett, O'Meara, Swallow, Martin, Day, Thompson, Malceski, Lynch, May, Saad and others, we should really be flag favourites. Bluey had us purring along late last season.....

Yeah without Ablett, O'Meara, Swallow, Martin, Day, Thompson, Malceski, Lynch, May, Saad and others, we should really be flag favourites. Bluey had us purring along late last season.....
Getting beat by 100 isn't indicative of loss of players, its indicative of lack of effort.

Getting beat by 100 isn't indicative of loss of players, its indicative of lack of effort.
Garbage. We should delist Ablett, Swallow, O'Meara, Lynch, May, Thompson then. Just get the young kids out of the NEAFL and tell them to try your hardest. We'll be fine. Let's not worry about 4 pre-seasons needed to build a tank for the midfield or 4 pre-season's in the gym building strength to play on Kennedy & Walker. Just try guys.

Garbage. We should delist Ablett, Swallow, O'Meara, Lynch, May, Thompson then. Just get the young kids out of the NEAFL and tell them to try your hardest. We'll be fine. Let's not worry about 4 pre-seasons needed to build a tank for the midfield or 4 pre-season's in the gym building strength to play on Kennedy & Walker. Just try guys.
I see lack off effort, regardless of who plays this season.. Player loss is just an excuse for lack of effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back