2nds VFL Round 16 - Geelong v Collingwood, Victoria Park, 1:00PM Saturday 14 July

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope Collingwood's team go in as named. They've named the 198cm Corey Gault at FB, 208cm Jarrod Witts at CHF, 204cm Cameron Wood at FF, 204cm Jonathon Ceglar in the ruck, and 204cm Shae McNamara on the bench. Would love them to have that many players over 6'6 in the old on a day that's meant to be 12 degrees with a chance of hail and thunderstorms.

Collingwood have played the land of the giants all year owing to their seniors only playing one ruck. McNamara often plays wing from what I can gather so that will be interesting.

We are also fairly tall, albeit that Banjanin will likely drop off the extended bench so we won't be as tall as the Pies.

Looking forward to seeing how Simpkin goes, may be a bit flat that the other 2 were promoted ahead of him but needs to keep playing well and the door will open. Think Kersten may be really crucial for us too up forward.

Hopefully we can handle the weather conditions well, crucial game- a real chance to cement a top four spot if we can win it.

I think the writing was already on the wall for Hoges (and probably Byrnes too), but the third midfielder this year being promoted off the rookie list tends to really confirm it doesn't it?

I agree on McLean too-age probably means he won't get picked up but it's a pity he didn't come to us a couple of years ago-if we'd had him at 26/27 like we did Pods, we or someone else would have drafted him.

Hopefully our experienced vfl guys-Selwood, Gleeson, Corrigan etc will have another good game like they have been all year-Collingwood have some very good youth but apart from playing a top heavy time I also reckon their vfl listed guys don't have the same quality and depth as ours so that's an advantage we should be able to use.

In case people can't access the live chat, at the 23rd min mark of the 3rd quarter, Cats 5.11.41 to Pies 4.5.29

15 minute mark of the last quarter, goals to Kersten, Murdoch, Barham, Pies haven't added to their score.

Cats 10.12.72 to Pies 4.5.29

Best players according to the live chat:
Eardly, Brown, GHS, Simpkin all above 20 disposals have to rate, Selwood with 30. Dawson and Orren were great in the ruck, and Amac, Bathie, and Brown were great in defence.

Looking forward to a detailed analysis of this game.

One guy I think that goes a bit underrated on these boards is cam eardly. Really think he will make it as a small defender in the dale Morris mould. Have a feeling that he will make it as an important player for us down the track.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see the VFL boys are kicking as straight as the Seniors. ;)

Cam Eardley, first year rookie, wow!!

When hasn't he played well since arriving at the club? This kid's a ripper.

Cam Eardley is tough as. Get him in the team now. look We arnt gunna win a seniors flag so play the youngones
Remember that a VFL first year player will probably go missing in the seniors.. its just the way it works. I really like what i have seen and dare I say a little Max Rooke like in his obsession for the pill. Really like his mojo.. but let's get him a bit bigger before the big league. Lots of promise and will play seniors I'm sure.

GO Catters

Remember that a VFL first year player will probably go missing in the seniors.. its just the way it works. I really like what i have seen and dare I say a little Max Rooke like in his obsession for the pill. Really like his mojo.. but let's get him a bit bigger before the big league. Lots of promise and will play seniors I'm sure.

GO Catters

The kid's still wet behind the ears, but I think we got one!

You're right, would be silly to play him this year but then again Murdoch's in his first year and he's played seniors.
He carn't play less he's rookie upgraded anyhow.
Eardleys form is as good as Murdoch's, but being the hard ball winner that he is I'd hate to see his confidence lost if he got KO'd in the seniors. Next year with a full pre-season and an extra couple of kilo's of muscle he'll be a force.

Sorry for the delay, I've had a job interview and a return to F/T work to take into account this week..
I'll write one up tomorrow at work and have it posted tomorrow night.

Lol! not at all.. I've just been working casual for the last 4 months.. so back into full time means I won't have the same time as I use to.. that's my point :)

Roj will find a way... the passion for it won't let work bog him down.... Go on Roj!

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back