VFL VFL v Essendon - Sunday April 23rd @ Vic Park. 12pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carmichael - 33 disposals. 7 clearances. 3 goals
Ed Allan - 19 disposals. 7 tackles. 5 marks
Bianco - 17 disposals. 5 tackles
Wilson - 15 disposals. 1 goal. 5 marks
Murley - 14 disposals. 6 tackles. 2 goals. 3 clearances. 4 marks
Harrison - 12 disposals. 1 goal. 3 tackles
Steene - 10 disposals. 14 hitouts. 6 tackles.
Reef - 10 disposals. 3 goals

I assume that disposal figures are for AFL listed players only as I thought the VFL Wilson had around 30 possessions.

Where did you get those numbers from? My app has 29 disposals for Carmichael.

A heads up. Go somewhere away from the touristy areas. Cheaper lifestyle and more chilled mate.
The Thai people are beautiful.
Any questions DM me.
I have good contacts regarding Visas etc

Thanks brother. I'm there for a few weeks but stuck mostly in BKK for work and family stuff. But I'm gonna scope some things out too, work wise.I'll be sure to DM you when I have questions.

So Carmichael due for a run in the seniors, Reef doing solid work and a possibility (should they try him in defence?) The rest just going okay.

So Carmichael due for a run in the seniors, Reef doing solid work and a possibility (should they try him in defence?) The rest just going okay.
I was not overly impressed with Reef today. He got on the end of a few and his performance looks alright for a forward, but if he was being considered for AFL promotion, I'd prefer others ahead of him, though none of them played forward. He still has work to do to earn an AFL game.

Impressive highlights reel. Allan and Carmichael linked up a few times with each other… carmichaels goals were all difficult ones…Harrison and Murley showed some zip, Wilson and reef both good forward. And Steene took a strong* contested mark.

Lots to like, carmichael the standout but Allan looks the one with the upside.

Impressive highlights reel. Allan and Carmichael linked up a few times with each other… carmichaels goals were all difficult ones…Harrison and Murley showed some zip, Wilson and reef both good forward. And Steene took a strong* contested mark.

Lots to like, carmichael the standout but Allan looks the one with the upside.
HH the other who showed real upside in those highlights. Some lovely roving that works at any level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For someone that's 19, I was impressed by jonathan tomasiello.
Harry Flynn was good as well.

VFL Tom Wilson - 32 disposals. 5 tackles. 5 marks
Campbell Lane - 28 disposals.
Jetta - 21 disposals, 8 marks
Harry Flynn - 19 disposals.
Tomasiello - 17 disposals
Longmire - 15 disposals

He was, and doesn't show anywhere near enough for a 2nd year player.
I can't actually remember seeing him do anything, but perhaps that says as much about my focus on the game as it does about his performance. I think I saw the tail end of something he did when the commentators remarked on his absence from general play.

I can't actually remember seeing him do anything, but perhaps that says as much about my focus on the game as it does about his performance. I think I saw the tail end of something he did when the commentators remarked on his absence from general play.

One of the few wearing long sleeves so stood out like dogs balls on a budgie.

Great win by the boys. When l finished watching the game about 10 mins into the 3rd quarter, as l was heading out, we were about 5 goals down. At that stage we looked to short down back, and really inexperienced, so when l checked the scores about an hour later, it was a pleasant surprise to see that we'd won!!

Good to see Carmichael get alot of the ball, but also kick goals.
Allan of what l saw, he isn't far away from senior footy.
Good to see Steene have a better 2nd half. He was getting towelled up in the first, but looks to have finished strongly.
Agree with a few on here, that Murley looked good yesterday. Watching the replay of the second half, he, Jetta and Carmichael got us back into that game.
Liked alot of the younger guys the VFL squad has added in, like Longmire, Tomasiello, Flynn etc, and Wilson looks a good get from the Bullants...

Needs to be more involved more often, same with Marley. Both go cold for too long in the game.

tbh we haven’t got a lot to write home about down there going to be interesting when our plus 30s retire.

Fraser did mention the both of them in his post game presser.
Took me a while to realise the kid in the new hair cut and long sleeves was HH. Looks different player but what he can do around stoppage is impressive. They should give him some mid minutes like last year, when they feel he is comfortable enough in his body

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fraser did mention the both of them in his post game presser.
Took me a while to realise the kid in the new hair cut and long sleeves was HH. Looks different player but what he can do around stoppage is impressive. They should give him some mid minutes like last year, when they feel he is comfortable enough in his body

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They both have some hurt factor weapons but lack size strength and consistency to win the ball regularly by the looks. Worth persisting with.

We are in dire need of more talent to develop in the 2s to eventually come through looks decidedly bare down there.

Needs to be more involved more often, same with Murley. Both go cold for too long in the game.

tbh we haven’t got a lot to write home about down there going to be interesting when our plus 30s retire.
Pretending Gravity Falls GIF

Murley showed something yesterday - hopefully the sign of more consistent performances to come.

They both have some hurt factor weapons but lack size strength and consistency to win the ball regularly by the looks. Worth persisting with.

We are in dire need of more talent to develop in the 2s to eventually come through looks decidedly bare down there.
HH is bigger than Murley, but even coop has added on some size over the summer. But HH is a big boy. He's the one the club is quite bullish on. Both have some weapons. Both with pace. Also still young, especially HH who just turned 19 a few months ago even though he was taken a year before Nick, but Nick is older haha funny that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back