Game Day vfl vs Essendon 2.30pm at mcg

Remove this Banner Ad

Miller is no star but that was a good never say die four Qtr effort and pivotal in the last ten minutes. Take the win and bank it, sometimes the rub of the green goes your way. Let’s hope this win engenders some confidence as this appears to be lacking

Great win by the VFL boys after being down by 30 points early in that quarter.

Bradtke - 12 disposals 3 marks 5 tackles 1 clearance 1.3
Cumberland - 17 disposals 8 marks 3 tackles 4.1
Sonsie - 28 disposals 3 marks 2 tackles 2 clearances
Banks - 19 disposals 4 marks 4 tackles 1 clearance 1.2
Bauer - 11 disposals 2 marks
Young - 10 disposals 2 marks
Miller - 13 disposals 2 marks 5 tackles 4 clearances 16 hitouts 1.0
Nyoun - 10 disposals 4 marks 1 tackle 5 hitouts 2 clearances 1.1
Green - 8 disposals 4 marks

Teal - 9 disposals 2 marks 1 tackle
Tresize - 15 disposals 2 marks 5 tackles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t we just have a bye recently?
We had the bye 2 weeks ago, now get another bye and then get another one in about 3-4 weeks the the AFL side gets the bye. Amateur hour in the VFL

Treize is very good.
Sonsie is bloody slow unfortunately
Great team spirit never gave up.
Reckon Bradtke and Bauer offer something in the future

Bauer was most disappointing for mine. Only two marks and his disposal was poor. Didn’t have a great match up to be fair, but I expected better.

Young was solid as you’d expect.

Biggie looked so dynamic. Could have been the most important player of the game but faded out too often. Wouldn’t mind him getting a run as a backup ruck in the senior at some stage soon.

Miller looked above the level. Looked more confident forward. Probably beaten in the ruck by Bryan but was good around the ground. The goal to win it was special.

Sonsie looked poor in the first half with some shocking disposal; but worked his way into it. 28 disposals a good return. Still not back to the level he needs to be for a Senior return but it’s close.

Sam Banks looked a class above when he was near it. Considering the arguments from others that he was soft, saw more than a few times he put his body over the ball. Would love to see him get a run soon.

Steely Green did nothing to cease my illogical belief he’ll be a player. Still learning the trade as a small forward, but competes and looked clean when the ball hit the deck. Think he’ll have a breakout game towards the back end of the year. Steadily improving.

I felt for Bradtke a little. Entry inside 50 was generally poor and never to his advantage. Tried hard all day. Similar to last week though, had numerous half chances you’d like him to pluck. Surprised how good he is at ground level.

Cumberland looked better than last week and trending in the right direction. Some shocking disposal inside fifty but can’t argue with the return. Should see him back in a week or so methinks.

Of those that are potential MSD selections:

• Teal wasn’t really noticeable.
  • Narkle was pretty good, but nothing he showed leads me to think he’ll be worth drafting as a midfielder or a forward.
  • Tresize was more noticeable and the best of the three but didn’t blow me away. Key difference is you’re trying to peg what he’d be like with 18 months in a professional system. The best of the three.

Overall looked like a poor game from us overall. Thought our AFL listed players looked a class above Essendon’s AFL listed players (with exception of Bryan) but other than maybe Sonsie and Cumberland, would like to see them get involved more often.

Bauer was most disappointing for mine. Only two marks and his disposal was poor. Didn’t have a great match up to be fair, but I expected better.

Young was solid as you’d expect.

Biggie looked so dynamic. Could have been the most important player of the game but faded out too often. Wouldn’t mind him getting a run as a backup ruck in the senior at some stage soon.

Miller looked above the level. Looked more confident forward. Probably beaten in the ruck by Bryan but was good around the ground. The goal to win it was special.

Sonsie looked poor in the first half with some shocking disposal; but worked his way into it. 28 disposals a good return. Still not back to the level he needs to be for a Senior return but it’s close.

Sam Banks looked a class above when he was near it. Considering the arguments from others that he was soft, saw more than a few times he put his body over the ball. Would love to see him get a run soon.

Steely Green did nothing to cease my illogical belief he’ll be a player. Still learning the trade as a small forward, but competes and looked clean when the ball hit the deck. Think he’ll have a breakout game towards the back end of the year. Steadily improving.

I felt for Bradtke a little. Entry inside 50 was generally poor and never to his advantage. Tried hard all day. Similar to last week though, had numerous half chances you’d like him to pluck. Surprised how good he is at ground level.

Cumberland looked better than last week and trending in the right direction. Some shocking disposal inside fifty but can’t argue with the return. Should see him back in a week or so methinks.

Of those that are potential MSD selections:

• Teal wasn’t really noticeable.
  • Narkle was pretty good, but nothing he showed leads me to think he’ll be worth drafting as a midfielder or a forward.
  • Tresize was more noticeable and the best of the three but didn’t blow me away. Key difference is you’re trying to peg what he’d be like with 18 months in a professional system. The best of the three.

Overall looked like a poor game from us overall. Thought our AFL listed players looked a class above Essendon’s AFL listed players (with exception of Bryan) but other than maybe Sonsie and Cumberland, would like to see them get involved more often.
Perfect honest summary and agree with everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back