Vic & NSW live online raceday coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem (or problems) for the new racing channel on Seven would be, how to fill in the time between races (ie a 0-89 race meeting at Werribee), remembering that there is a 30-45 minute gap between races. There is no problem with filling up the time on Emirates Melbourne Cup Day, but a country race meet is an entirely different proposition altogether.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The problem (or problems) for the new racing channel on Seven would be, how to fill in the time between races (ie a 0-89 race meeting at Werribee), remembering that there is a 30-45 minute gap between races. There is no problem with filling up the time on Emirates Melbourne Cup Day, but a country race meet is an entirely different proposition altogether.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

By the time the race is run, replayed, jock and trainer interviewed plus ad breaks it's prob 20 mins until the next race. Bit of fluff then start looking at runners and form for next race. Horses in mounting yard 10-15 before race, interviews pre-race with trainers and / or jocks and it'll fill up.

Essentially the Friday night MV model from TVN

Essentially the Friday night MV model from TVN
Yeah, think that's why MV were so keen to come on board, during the footy off season they'll be able to showcase their Friday night product (which was basically the standout of TVN anyway) to a FTA audience.

Interested to see what they use the channel for outside raceday though, whether they will fill with their own content or just show replays? Some suggestion that they will attempt to turn into a sports channel, but not sure how much money (if any) Seven are pumping into this at the moment. Lots to play out.

Little OT, but I ran into Mick Sharkie this morning on his way to Caulfield ( super awesome bloke really nice and happy to chat) and I was asking about Get on, he told me Richo send him a message last week and it almost a done deal the team will be back on that new racing channel very soon. Good stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They said this last fortnight and ****ed it up, but Foxtel coverage is all I want.

Just gonna plunge myself onto the couch and wait for the BigFooty tips every Sat :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back