Victory at the dome?

Remove this Banner Ad

ArjenTheGreat

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2005
Arden St
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can you imagine how good the atmosphere will be when the victory moves to the dome for the big clashes in the future.

Under the roof it will be absolutely amazing.

You can feel the whole of Melbourne minus a few nuffy's of course getting behind the boys and its fantastic.

I for one, hope that South is allowed in at some stage... The local derby aspect would mean 35k+ at the dome...

gentleman your thoughts please... And keep up the good work on this board!

More than happy at Olympic Park. Dome would cost a fortune and has no soul. We should just keep on packing out OP then move to our new purpose built stadium when it's ready.

Still Crowing said:
This one?

When you guys get it, the A-league will have the final piece of the puzzle, IMO.

Still Crowing thanks for the Picture,

Can you tell me a website where i can get details and more Pictures?

I cant wait till its ready.

I was one of the few people here that was disappointed with the decision to play at Olympic Park but after attending all of our home games (bar one) I think it's in our best interest to stay at the ground until the new stadium is built.

On the other hand I don't think Sydney or Queensland are suffering from playing at venues with a 40,000 - 50,000 capacity. If the interest in the team continues to grow then I don't think moving all (or the higher drawing games) to Telstra Dome would be a disaster.

However it's far too early to even contemplate that. It's easy to attract spectators when the team is new and going well. We'll have to see what the crowds are like when the team experiences some bad times which will come at some stage.

I think the difference is Sydney and Queensland play in rectangular stadiums that maintain a lot more atmosphere for soccer.

Anyone who saw the pitiful atmosphere at Storm games at TD will know a move there with crowds under 25,000 would be a complete disaster.

The decision to play at Olympic Park was an absolute master stroke I reckon. The way the terraces have been PACKED every game shows how many people have been craving not only high quality football, but also the opportunity to stand and sing.

I know the new stadium won't have terracing, but by then the club will have built up a support base and active fans - imagine trying to get those chants going at Telstra Dome?

The only game I'd contemplate moving there is the Grand Final if we win the right to host it, and even that would be a shame.

GOALden Hawk said:
I know the new stadium won't have terracing, but by then the club will have built up a support base and active fans - imagine trying to get those chants going at Telstra Dome?

With the entire UNION up one end under the roof...??? nah impossible

It would be absolutely insane with 10-15k up one end on the top deck... they could still stand who's going to tell them to sit down?

it would all be about the pricing structure IMHO.

19.95 for level 1
29.95 for level 2
10-15 bucks General Admin level 3.

=30k+ v syd/ade/qld even more ???

GOALden Hawk said:
I think the difference is Sydney and Queensland play in rectangular stadiums that maintain a lot more atmosphere for soccer.

Anyone who saw the pitiful atmosphere at Storm games at TD will know a move there with crowds under 25,000 would be a complete disaster.

The decision to play at Olympic Park was an absolute master stroke I reckon. The way the terraces have been PACKED every game shows how many people have been craving not only high quality football, but also the opportunity to stand and sing.

The only game I'd contemplate moving there is the Grand Final if we win the right to host it, and even that would be a shame.
If we hosted a Grand Final game at Blunder Dome, do you think they'd finally bring out those retractable seating that allows it to be made into a rectangular stadium?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back