Video game catchall

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey TheBrownDog ... did you do anything special to get this MK8 DLC?

I bought the two packs months ago and I've logged on but nothing is downloading and it's telling me I have to WAIT.

I havent gone on to download yet. Sorry :/

:(

As much as I think Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed is better (because fighter planes DAMMIT) I love Mario Kart and I'm a bit depressed I don't get to play it. I'm also bummed out that I don't have the Wii U version of Smash Bros. because while the 3DS version is awesome the Wii U version just looks so much better.

:(

As much as I think Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed is better (because fighter planes DAMMIT) I love Mario Kart and I'm a bit depressed I don't get to play it. I'm also bummed out that I don't have the Wii U version of Smash Bros. because while the 3DS version is awesome the Wii U version just looks so much better.

I enjoyed Sonic All-Stars on the Wii-U actually ... it was pretty awesome. I'm just in love with the Mario characters so once MK8 came out, I sold it.

The Wii-U version of Mario Kart is beautiful. Hopefully you can grab a pre-owned one or something some time - it's worth getting the console for just that game, but there are heaps of others.

Anyone got pets that are gamers? Cheynee's been "killing bugs" this morning. Having trouble with some of the higher levels though lol

Anyone got pets that are gamers? Cheynee's been "killing bugs" this morning. Having trouble with some of the higher levels though lol

My 13 year old cat doesn't much like toys but he loves those little bug/light games on my phone. He can't see too well so the phone inevitably goes rocketing across the floor after a minute or so :p

Minecraft.. havent played that decently for nearly 18 months. Probably a completely different game.

Still the same basic philosophy there... just a whole bunch of new blocks and recipes etc.

I've been playing on and off for a few years, still the same basic addictive experience.

Still the same basic philosophy there... just a whole bunch of new blocks and recipes etc.

I've been playing on and off for a few years, still the same basic addictive experience.
Started a new world on the XBox One with my 5 year old on the weekend. We survived two nights which is a big deal with an easily distracted girl who just wants to have all of the ocelots as friends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't finished DA Inquisition yet. Or Witcher 2. Or most of my Steam list. Will wait for a sale and some or all of the above to be true.

I'm still in the swamp in Witcher 1... Keep meaning to go back and finish that one...

Same with the Dragon Age games, I know they are great and I love bioware but for some reason I keep on making excuses that I am too time poor to dedicate myself to that level of immersion.

A bit disappointed. I've gotten emulators working fine on my tablet, which SHOULD mean "YAY PORTABLE RETRO GAMING!" only I can't get used to the on-screen controls at all. For games like Mario and Sonic it's fine, as the main mechanic is simply jumping, but for games like Mickey Mouse (Castle of Illusion, Land of Illusion and World of Illusion) where for Mickeys main attack you need to press jump then the action button, it's harder to do for some reason. Maybe I'm just getting touchy in my old age.

I struggle to play platformers at all on touchscreens. Just no control precision. Old school rpgs work well as time wasters on phones though, I find (finally finished shining force 2 that way).

Ps3 controller works pretty well over bluetooth. I haven't found a comfortable tablet and controller solution yet though. KOTOR and Hearthstone keep me happy for tablet gaming anyway, but if I could find a decent controller solution would definitely revisit Vagrant Story via PS emulator.

Yeah, you need a game pad for emulated games, non-negotiable.

I must be weird then, because I can use a keyboard comfortably with emulators, although it probably does explain why I have so much trouble with the Metroid titles.

******* Nightmare. ****.

I must be weird then, because I can use a keyboard comfortably with emulators, although it probably does explain why I have so much trouble with the Metroid titles.

******* Nightmare. ****.

Keyboards are fine. They are tactile buttons. Touch screens are a different proposition - no physical feedback.

Hard to find now but back in the day there were some official Sega USB controllers for PC released that are great for playing retro games on. Only wish I had picked up more than a couple back then. Pretty much all the ones being sold on ebay now are very cheap knockoffs.

Im a sucker for Retro games, especially the old Nintendo titles.

Tried a few of the re-worked apps, but much the same feelings as everyone. Can't come at using keyboard either, which lead me to my M.A.M.E project.

Once I sort out the front loader and all the emulators, was thinking of buying a few of those USB controllers and trying those out, can't find any with any quality either

Im a sucker for Retro games, especially the old Nintendo titles.

Tried a few of the re-worked apps, but much the same feelings as everyone. Can't come at using keyboard either, which lead me to my M.A.M.E project.

Once I sort out the front loader and all the emulators, was thinking of buying a few of those USB controllers and trying those out, can't find any with any quality either

With mame I got a couple of really cheap xbox 360 arcade sticks that I will over time replace the buttons and stick with some quality hori or sanwa parts because I suck at any kind of DIY I won't bother making custom boxes or anything. If you are decent with that sort of thing you can pick up cheap xbox 360 controllers from ebay, even knock offs will do and just use the circuit boards inside to solder on decent quality arcade parts.

With mame I got a couple of really cheap xbox 360 arcade sticks that I will over time replace the buttons and stick with some quality hori or sanwa parts because I suck at any kind of DIY I won't bother making custom boxes or anything. If you are decent with that sort of thing you can pick up cheap xbox 360 controllers from ebay, even knock offs will do and just use the circuit boards inside to solder on decent quality arcade parts.

I've brought An I-Pac2 board for the control panel, with Sanwa joysticks and buttons, the wiring seems straight forward enough. Worked out a little more expensive but less hassle.

The arcade controls will be great for the NES/SNES titles, Im a little concerned with the N64 / GameCube / PS games thou. If some of those games aren't as enjoyable, I'll purchase some of the USB controllers off eBay and give them a go.

Having plug in controllers in a Mame isn't exactly ideal, so will must likely just convert an old laptop to a game system and run that through a TV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back