Video game catchall

Remove this Banner Ad

So who is going to buy Star Wars Battlefront? What platform? Go on talk me into buying a PS4

So who is going to buy Star Wars Battlefront? What platform? Go on talk me into buying a PS4

I'll probably go pc because I need the option to switch quickly between mouse and keyboard and a flight stick and depending on the jedi controls a game pad all in one go. Too many compromises if stuck on just a game pad. Could still be convinced to go on my ps4 if that's what others are playing on...

What I'd like to organise is a night a fortnight or so where we get together online and play together. Now I realise is that we are a pretty diverse bunch of gaming cats but the love I'm seeing for Battlefront is making me seek a common platform and steel myself for convincing my wife.

Star Wars Battlefront launches Nov 17.

Our baby is due Nov 23rd.

Bum.
Don't worry. You'll get plenty of game time at 3am when the baby doesn't sleep and you can't do anything but cuddle with them on the lounge until they fall asleep.

I had a couple of good late night COD sessions due to our first not sleeping.

Star Wars - PS4 for me.

Still enjoying Yoshi's Wooly World and picked up Smash Bros finally on the Wii-U. Grabbing Mario Maker in a few weeks too.

I've just gotten back into GTA 5 because I bought it on PS4 (had it on 360 before) ... I forgot how fantastic that game really is. The dialog is unbelievable.

Through the EA Access pass I have managed to play my first ever Madden game. I am also gaining a smaller understanding of American football. So I ponied up for Madden 2016 (which is a beautiful looking game, and has one of the best explain to newbies this game - both NFL and Madden) that I have struck yet. All this is wonderful except I don't have an NFL team. Who do I pick?

I could base this on the mascot - Detroit Lions but apart from sympathy for a crumbling industrial town and a maned feline it ain't much.
I could go on towns my US friends are from except that the main ones are from all over (Portland' San Fransisco, New York, Boston)
I could go on uniform and I have to admit both the Cardinals and the Steelers have pretty good kits, but given I look down on people who pick their Melbourne Cup horse on jockey's colours that ain't going to cut it.
I know a few people on this thread are NFL fans. Who is the most Brisbane Lions like NFL team? Who should I support?

Through the EA Access pass I have managed to play my first ever Madden game. I am also gaining a smaller understanding of American football. So I ponied up for Madden 2016 (which is a beautiful looking game, and has one of the best explain to newbies this game - both NFL and Madden) that I have struck yet. All this is wonderful except I don't have an NFL team. Who do I pick?

I could base this on the mascot - Detroit Lions but apart from sympathy for a crumbling industrial town and a maned feline it ain't much.
I could go on towns my US friends are from except that the main ones are from all over (Portland' San Fransisco, New York, Boston)
I could go on uniform and I have to admit both the Cardinals and the Steelers have pretty good kits, but given I look down on people who pick their Melbourne Cup horse on jockey's colours that ain't going to cut it.
I know a few people on this thread are NFL fans. Who is the most Brisbane Lions like NFL team? Who should I support?

St Louis. Moved from the big smoke to the middle of nowhere and had a dynasty around the turn of the millennium and have underperformed since.

St Louis. Moved from the big smoke to the middle of nowhere and had a dynasty around the turn of the millennium and have underperformed since.
Well I do like the Easybeats song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ITYM "L.A."

My two cents: if you really want someone Lions like, maybe Tampa Bay - expansion club, sucked for a long time after being introduced, has since come good and won a premiership (Super Bowl) but that was about ten years ago and they've sucked terribly recently. They also get shitty crowds if they're not winning because it's Florida, the Queensland of the U.S.

Plus they might actually be worth watching this year after picking up their potentially first ever franchise QB. And if you get in now, no one can accuse you of being a bandwagoner.

Last edited:
I like the idea of the Packers being the only fan owned team in the NFL. But that certainly feels bandwagonny.

My young US colleague assures me it isn't as the fans are all kinda insane and dedicated.

Yeah but they'll be moving again soon and you'll be left supporting a team from LA. What ever you do don't go for the cowboys.

TBD in 3...2...1

Anyone except the Patriots, Eagles or Giants and we're still cool DaveMonkey.

ITYM "L.A."

My two cents: if you really want someone Lions like, maybe Tampa Bay - expansion club, sucked for a long time after being introduced, has since come good and won a premiership (Super Bowl) but that was about ten years ago and they've sucked terribly recently. They also get shitty crowds if they're not winning because it's Florida, the Queensland of the U.S.

Plus they might actually be worth watching this year after picking up their potentially first ever franchise QB. And if you get in now, no one can accuse you of being a bandwagoner.

Where my team back in the day, watched them totally murder the Raiders in that superbowl. Tampa D scored more points than the Raiders O team. I followed Tampa because of Sapp. Was my fav player back then. Man i can't wait til i get NBN connected so i can follow American sports again.

Rocket League might be my favourite game this year. Haven't had so much fun in a while.

e: PTizzleAus is my ID if anyone wants a game. I'm not very good but I'm enthusiastic!

Rocket League might be my favourite game this year. Haven't had so much fun in a while.

e: PTizzleAus is my ID if anyone wants a game. I'm not very good but I'm enthusiastic!

I think it's impossible to be consistently "good" at that game. Utter crazy randomness. Therein lies the charm of course.

Seems like a few of us are playing it now. We should arrange a BigFooty game.

Aftr seeing the Darth Vader inspired ps4 coming with Battlefront, the Star Wars geek in me wishes I'd waited longer to get one.

(The guy playing Witcher and Rocket League less so ;))

Objectively, how good is Phantom Pain? Aside from a cheap Wii u I've held off from the current gen but whilst I've found the MGS series to be generally overrated Kojima's send off sounds pretty impressive and I've found myself really tempted. 6s on the way and I'll need to pick. What's the verdict from you guys?
System seller or wait and play?

O
I think it's impossible to be consistently "good" at that game. Utter crazy randomness. Therein lies the charm of course.

Seems like a few of us are playing it now. We should arrange a BigFooty game.
Oh ok I'll buy it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back