Video game catchall

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a long time gamer who's maybe dropped off a little in recent years, still play anything that's top shelf though. Own all three last gen systems and have played my 360 infinitely more than the other two.

Absolutely love anything done by either Rockstar or Bioware, particularly Mass Effect, Red Dead & GTA V, although i have just recently discovered Naughty Dog and The Last Of Us/Unchartered series, rate them pretty high too.

Most recent game i've completed is South Park: The Stick Of Truth, if you're a fan of South Park you just cannot miss this, hilarious! Although a bit pissed that our s**t censor system cut out some parts, especially when the footage is readily available on the internet, just seems pointless.

Not yet decided yet on which next gen system i will purchase first, maybe leaning towards a PS4 at this stage due to Unchartered 4 coming out soon, may just push me over.

James North

I got Super Mario 3D World today - so beautiful, so fun.

Wife pretty much lost her s**t when she saw the cuteness of Cat Mario and Cat Peach. Especially when Cat Peach pedals her legs in the air to get extra distance.

James North

I got Super Mario 3D World today - so beautiful, so fun.

Wife pretty much lost her s**t when she saw the cuteness of Cat Mario and Cat Peach. Especially when Cat Peach pedals her legs in the air to get extra distance.

Nice one, TBD.

Extremely high quality game - lots of fun. Absolutely flawless in terms of bugs/design and truly beautiful to watch.

Peach is very useful in later levels where the extra jumping is very useful (even without Cat Suit).

Enjoy it!

Once you train up at Mario Kart, we should have a few games.

Once you train up at Mario Kart, we should have a few games.

Def. I'm a series veteran, just still adjusting to the slight differences in MK8 and trying to find my ideal character/kart/wheel combo.

In some retro news I've finally finished Shining Force II (a tactical RPG) on the Mega Drive after almost finishing it three or four times. There's a section of the game where you can get special weapons made for all the characters (12 in your actual fighting party) and the chances of getting the best weapon for each character is pretty small so there's a lot of saving and trying again. Since I'm kind of a perfectionist at times I needed to get all the best weapons but I've ran out of patience a few times previously. Definitely worth a play if you enjoy tactical RPGs as it adds and improves on the first Shining Force (which is a great game as well).

Also finished reading Console Wars by Blake Harris which is an interesting perspective of what happened during the console battles between Sega and Nintendo although it feels at times like the author is trying a little hard to create a narrative and motivations that perhaps didn't exist in reality. Plenty of bashing of the Japan side of both companies which might be over played since none of the Japanese figures have come out and talked about their roles in the various companies. Still you definitely get a feel for what was going on at the time which I think is worthwhile.

If you haven't read "Game Over: Press Start to Continue" it is a must.

Best book I've read about the console wars of the 80s and 90s, albeit with a Nintendo centric focus.

Hiroshi Yamauchi was one ruthless mother******.

So read into my desperate addiction what you will but I've picked up the Reaper of Souls edition of Diablo 3 on XBone (I've played through 1.5 times and extras on PC) but it is really good. The controller set up works well and the only real problem I feel I have is occasionally with targeting. It looks magnificent on the big telly and I am thoroughly drawn back into the hack and slash lootfest of it all.

*reads through everyones epic gaming*

*looks at phone with "Let it Goat" score of 129*

Yeah.......I need a new game. I've given up on Metroid, it's too hard for me!

Have been getting back into Dayz (standalone) recently. Its a lot of fun. Still plenty of bugs though as its only an alpha.

There is a thread on the video games board for it if anyone is interested in giving it a go.

Licking my wounds after being thoroughly pantsed by James North and Lixy at online Mario Kart 8 last night.

Much work to be done.

Gotta unlock my Mii James... Yoshi just couldn't go with you on the straights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you haven't read "Game Over: Press Start to Continue" it is a must.

Best book I've read about the console wars of the 80s and 90s, albeit with a Nintendo centric focus.

Hiroshi Yamauchi was one ruthless mother******.

I've actually never really read any books about videogames, have always thought the writing might be a bit dicey. But that sounds exactly like what I want to read at the moment - just ordered a copy.

Still trying to finish off all the PS3 games I want to before I move onto the next-gen, thinking of giving Ni No Kuni a crack next. Genuinely running low on things I really want to play through on the console but I'm sure there's a few gems left yet.

I'd foolishly tried to convince myself I would just plod along with my current console and wouldn't be buying a next-gen one. :drunk:

But then I saw some gameplay footage for Witcher 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition and Bloodborne. And that, as they say, was the end of that!

Licking my wounds after being thoroughly pantsed by James North and Lixy at online Mario Kart 8 last night.

Much work to be done.

Gotta unlock my Mii James... Yoshi just couldn't go with you on the straights.

Yeah the Mii is a bit of a secret weapon. That bike is quick too, but has bad cornering.

Lix has DK and he's quick too.

The stats of the cars/bikes are pretty in depth in this version, but as always track knowledge is king. I've played it pretty obsessively since launch.

Happy to play any time!

Last edited:
Hearthstone.

Addicted.
It's good Doggie. I've been playing since the end of Beta. I'm still mediocre but enjoy the challenge of deck building, keeping abreast of the meta game and the wonderful short and sharp design of the game.

Wowsers, man.

I didn't see your previous mention.

That is awesome! Sign me up! I was pretty disappointed with the Bowser-children characters. Link is rad.

Out of interest, Lixy_ is very disappointed that Bully is no longer your avatar.

He'll be back.

Just reading up on it now - man, it sounds amazing. 16 new tracks is nuts!

Yeah, they are even advertising it all in game. They have placeholders for the new characters and tracks.

The Animal Crossing track looks awesome - I love that franchise.

Looks like 8 new tracks and 8 retro tracks (hoping for Coconut Mall, Baby Park and Delfino Square retro tracks).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back