Review vs Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway, re: Hrovat

I watched the game again last night and I'm not convinced with him at this stage, he does look make a lot of poor decisions. The same could be said for Jong last year who has improved a great deal in comparison mostly because we have persisted with Jong and its paid off.

Hrovat has had injuries like a few others but between Smith and Hrovat for now, I see Smith slightly ahead of him

I find it a bit strange that people are finding a negative in Hrovat's decision making. I agree that it wasn't the best on Sunday, but it's one of his biggest strengths imo. Look back at some of his earlier games and he was lauded for it.

Give him some time to settle back in.

In his 4th last game Hrovat had 30 (12 contested) disposals at 86.7% disposal efficiency, & 0 clangers against a team who went on to make the grand final. Not bad for someone who had played under 20 games. Also got the 5 Ching votes as voted by this board, and also the 3 Pup votes.
Just so happens we are playing the same opposition this week.

I find it a bit strange that people are finding a negative in Hrovat's decision making. I agree that it wasn't the best on Sunday, but it's one of his biggest strengths imo. Look back at some of his earlier games and he was lauded for it.

Give him some time to settle back in.

As we've done with Jong.. Its easy to pick a players flaws during a game when you're actively looking for them so I take into account that he's trying to edge his way back in to the side.

Its up to him from here as to how he handles the opportunities presented and could improve once settled similar to Jong, JJ etc

In his 4th last game Hrovat had 30 (12 contested) disposals at 86.7% disposal efficiency, & 0 clangers against a team who went on to make the grand final. Not bad for someone who had played under 20 games. Also got the 5 Ching votes as voted by this board, and also the 3 Pup votes.
Just so happens we are playing the same opposition this week.
Yeah but that was last year. We can't be expected to remember that!!!! All we remember is the game from last week where he got plenty of it but was rusty with the footy after a layoff with injury. Off with his head!

Yeah but that was last year. We can't be expected to remember that!!!! All we remember is the game from last week where he got plenty of it but was rusty with the footy after a layoff with injury. Off with his head!
The biggest problem with Hrovat is that because of his talent he was called back too early. Needed some consistent footy before the call up, even then he had plenty of the ball and could have kicked a couple.

Watching hrovat on Sunday
A couple of us just thought he was feeling the pressure of keeping his spot and uncharacteristically getting in the way of our own players because he was too determined to make an impact

This occurred on 4-5 occasions in the 1st half where he unnecessarily got in the way

Pretty sure he was dragged and was spoken to as he changed his approach in the 2nd half somewhat

I suggest his confidence is a little flustered with hunter wallis smith Daniels dale McLean and Hamilton all in the wings

Even absent liber players spots are under extreme pressure
Who the hell knows who will make it because they all can't
Hrovat just needs to settle and play his normal game with all that pressure.

Sunday twilight games aren't optimal for families with young children.. The Sunday night routine of having young children <10 having plenty of sleep, being fed, bathed, books read to etc means that by the time you're getting home - often you could be starting that routine at 8:30-9pm which then in reality the kids dont get to bed until after 10pm on a Sunday night by the time they've settled down.

Optimally they need 12 hours sleep, especially when they're in their very young years of schooling.
Cheers for the parenting lesson mate, but I think I'm pretty well versed in that.

A lot of young kids also start their Sunday well before 8am travelling to and playing junior sport. It makes for a long and taxing day and if you start the week with tired kids then you are stuffed for the whole week.

I am sick of people shooting their mouths off on here about people not going to games. Most people that are on bigfooty are the same people that go to most games so you are preaching to the choir.

Sunday twilight is simply not possible for many families.
Settle down champ. Anyone that reads my posts would know that I don't get personal or ignorant with my thoughts.

This was obviously aimed at bangwagon people who aren't showing up. The day I start taking a dig at families and giving them a clip is the day I start barracking for North or Richmond and start irrationally dribbling crap a lot more consistently.

Hrovat will be good for us. We need to remember that in his first two seasons he hasn't made it out onto the park in the first 9 rounds. Injury has delayed his development. I have faith he will come good.

Even those of us who are unsure about Hrovat hope you are 100% correct and that he becomes a star. You're right in that the injury issues he's endured have certainly not helped him.

I think another team would be delighted to have a young player do as much as Hrovat we're just used to watching our 2nd and 3rd year players lacing the competition. a saints mate and i decided at the start of the year to line up a bunch of young players and grade them after every week against each other.

eg. campbell v longer (which longer's winning), honey v templeton (honey smashing it)

and at the start of the year we decided we'd compare hornet and newnes. We both knew newnes was a bit ahead and is just in front right now because hrovat was late to get into the seniors but hrovat's cheekily closing.

Then you consider that Newnes is one of st kilda's best young players in terms of what he's done. FFS i had no one to compare for Macrae, Stringer and Bonts. Flat out had to leave them out. This is more to do with st kilda's lean draft picks in 2012 though so understandle.

my point is though he's going just fine. Not a certainty but chugging along ok

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think another team would be delighted to have a young player do as much as Hrovat we're just used to watching our 2nd and 3rd year players lacing the competition. a saints mate and i decided at the start of the year to line up a bunch of young players and grade them after every week against each other.

eg. campbell v longer (which longer's winning), honey v templeton (honey smashing it)

and at the start of the year we decided we'd compare hornet and newnes. We both knew newnes was a bit ahead and is just in front right now because hrovat was late to get into the seniors but hrovat's cheekily closing.

Then you consider that Newnes is one of st kilda's best young players in terms of what he's done. FFS i had no one to compare for Macrae, Stringer and Bonts. Flat out had to leave them out. This is more to do with st kilda's lean draft picks in 2012 though so understandle.

my point is though he's going just fine. Not a certainty but chugging along ok

Could always trade him for a ruckman...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back