Review vs Bulldogs (5th best comeback by margin for any club, and equal best for StK)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure what to say about that..... Weird... Remarkable!

Armitage aside... First half shocking.

Third qtr ... The game did a 180!!!!

Billings, Hickey, Bruce, Sinclair, Lonie looked dangerous

Midfield dominated

And the defenders got on top....

Armitage.... Dominated.... Again!!!

Just went and had a look at the Dogs board, what a deluded bunch of supporters. They have every excuse under the sun, saying their injuries were the reason they lost. We had Savage off before half time FFS!

I also hated the way they booed Roo whenever he went near the ball from the first bounce, disgusting after what he's been through.

They really are a bunch of feral western suburbs mongrels, it was great to remind them that they are still our bitches after those years of beating them in prelims! They still carry on about the Whatif over the 97 GF, claiming they would have won it. Guess what flogs? You need to play in one to have a chance of winning one!

End of rant.
Did they boo Roo or was that Saints fans saying 'Rooooo'?

But you looked like witches hats in the second half?
Sometimes footy works like that. Both inexperienced sides. Neither hardened. Neither capable of playing 4 quarters. You guys were always vulnerable after such an emotional energy sapper like last week. Thats just how it goes. But I love watching the Dogs play. Great stuff. You will challenge for finals and we will be bottom 4. But heck we will meet at some point in the next five years in a final. Rather be us than Richmond, Norf, Blues or Cheats (Bummers).

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what to say about that..... Weird... Remarkable!

Armitage aside... First half shocking.

Third qtr ... The game did a 180!!!!

Billings, Hickey, Bruce, Sinclair, Lonie looked dangerous

Midfield dominated

And the defenders got on top....

Armitage.... Dominated.... Again!!!
Sinclair and Billings. Gives me a whole new attitude to the Kew Comets. Amazing.

I didn't even read that one (Squizzy)
Still hurting from the prelim looses I see. Perhaps you guys will actually make another grand final sometime this millennium. What's it been since your last one, 50+ years? Or is it 60 now?

I enjoyed those two misses of Boyd's from 15m out in front in the first, BTW. What did they cost you guys, $100,000 per kick?

Billings over Kelly every day of the week baby, yeah! :p
Billings = Wingard. Recruiters are not known for their intelligence so are all keen to find players who fit into a square box.
Players like Billings and Wingard come along who are small fwds who can play midfield for small periods and their little brains cant cope with it.

I reckon even if Bontempelli ends up marginally better than Billings, we still did as well if not better, as drafting Billings also got us Sinclair in the rookie draft, by way of Jack making that introduction.
Yep Agree. And I dont think its worth comparing them. Totally different players. Lets compare Bont and Acres in ten years. Seems fair to me. Similar players.

Just watching a replay of the last quarter, that mark and goal from Hickey to put us in front was huge, he led like a forward.

Then Billings put the icing on the cake.
Hickey was monumental. Wont show up in the stats but having hickey and Bruce fwd made the Dogs panic big time. They had 4 men up in every marking contest. How many goals did we win from having free small guys under the pack? Won us the game when it came down to it. Yes the whole side played awesome and Billings was the ultimate destroyer- but you need to score goals - and Bruce and Hickey allowed us to panic and stretch their defence enough to allow us to score goals.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, you want to know what my favourite passed time is? Spelling bees

We got the 4 points.

b38666fe18a651c629984706177def67.jpg

I think it's time we ignored Hkopek. He/she/it has clearly come here for a reaction, so I say we just ignore them and let the bitterness just sink in some more after yet another loss to us.

I bet if they were at the game today they wouldn't have had the guts to come up to any of our faces and say any of this rubbish. So gutless that they have to sign up to a new BigFooty Account so they can do it anonymously. Sad.

Bitter and twisted more like

Well just that little bit there clearly shows who is front of themselves!!!! Or more accurately who is in front of himself. Looks like your mascot today was not the only doggie at the game fitted with a choker....

Squizzy wishes you wouldn't quote these stupid comments

From your pathetic posting right now you are the poster boy for the bitter and petty faction of your fellow Bulldog fans that have a chip on their shoulders about the Saints. The really sad thing is we couldn't care less about you. As a club you are so insignificant to us that you are not even worth hating. As the saying goes it is better to be hated than ignored. And to be sure, the Bulldogs have been the ignored team for as long as anyone can remember and judging by today, when our less-vaunted youngsters showed your youngsters up as gutless front-runners, your period of insignificance is gonna go on and on and on. Enjoy the loss!

What a sad little doggie Hkopek is. Watches his team get outclassed and then comes on here to troll. Looks like he even created a brand new identify just to troll. Can troll all he likes, it will not change the huge pop from the doggie balloon bursting today.

Me say something
Go back to your kiddie pr0n.
Im hoping our mods ban your IP, because you are clearly gutless by posting under a brand new name registered today.
When was the last time your team played in a Grand Final?
Fortunately your coach and players are great people, some of which I count as good friends, they would spit on you if they could.

Looking at the fixture, we play the Dogs again next month! Weird.
I'm actually more confident of that one that I was for this one. Roo and Joey are likely to be a lot better for the run and if we keep most of our best team together in the meantime there's much more of a chance that we'll have clicked by then and believe in ourselves more than we do now and have more momentum up. We only played half a good game today. We barely took the field for the 2nd quarter. Roo and Bruce were both off their tucker and kicked just the two goals between them and by next time we may have Ross back in the midfield and Gilbo back in the backline, if there's room for him!

Last edited:
children's playgrounds? Really???
Go to bed mate, you're really just making yourself look like an idiot. It's quite sad that lots of Dogs supporters came here to congratulate us on a great win, while you do this. I doubt you're impressing anyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back