Prediction St.Kilda Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully the NGA rules change allowing us to take him at some stage...
No draft watcher has him in the top 40 at this stage.
Obviously, could have a strong season and jump up the board but at this stage the conversation is whether he will be draftable more than needing NGA rules to change to access him.

Obviously, could have a strong season and jump up the board but at this stage the conversation is whether he will be draftable more than needing NGA rules to change to access him.
I've thought the same. He doesn't appear to be on anyone's radar at all, but that may be a good thing in the end.
I hope we'll see some more aggressive moves this year due to the unexpected bounty of the last draft. Having a guy like Cole sit in the possible NGA draft/cat B zone could end up very handy.

Players can jump up the draft rankings dramatically in their 18th year…hopefully common sense will prevail with access to NGA’s!
Boston Everett (father son) will be an interesting watch also, only turned 17 late December & was deep in conversation with SOS at the last training session.

Probably alone on this one but don't understand the preoccupation with trying to turn a young talented forward into a key backman.
Who knows how long Membrey lasts and we are screaming out for a dedicated CHF.

Hammer should learn the craft and stay a forward for mine.
Sounds like you’ll get your wish, Caminiti to defender apparently misinformation!

Probably alone on this one but don't understand the preoccupation with trying to turn a young talented forward into a key backman.
Who knows how long Membrey lasts and we are screaming out for a dedicated CHF.

Hammer should learn the craft and stay a forward for mine.
Membrey might not be in our best 22 next year , who knows but he is in the last year of his contract so he will be going all out to try and get a extension but he is at the age he is going to need show his best to be even considered a contract when you have kids like Keller and Camanti who have a few more strings to there bow.

I think there will be a few surprises. There always is, but this is how i could see us lining up round 1 if everyone was fit.

B: windhager Howard Wilkie
Hb: wang battle Sinclair
C: Henry Dow wood
Hf: Phillipou membrey Owens
F: butler king Higgins
Foll: Marshall Steele crouch
Int: bonner Hill Clark sharman
Sub: Ross

Then roughly next in line (depends on like for like), imo

Jones, Wilson, Byrnes, Webster, Hayes, cordy, Paton,

I think there will be a few surprises. There always is, but this is how i could see us lining up round 1 if everyone was fit.

B: windhager Howard Wilkie
Int: bonner Hill Clark sharman
Sub: Ross

Then roughly next in line (depends on like for like), imo

Jones, Wilson, Byrnes, Webster, Hayes, cordy, Paton,
Needs more Stocker

Membrey might not be in our best 22 next year , who knows but he is in the last year of his contract so he will be going all out to try and get a extension but he is at the age he is going to need show his best to be even considered a contract when you have kids like Keller and Camanti who have a few more strings to there bow.
His knee might have some say in it.

Sure does.
View attachment 1886383
View attachment 1886384

B: Stocker Howard Wilkie
Int: Windhager Hill Clark sharman
Sub: Ross/Jones/Wilson/Byrnes
Credit: Yabadoo22
Bonner didn't play hbf last year which was part of the reason he ended up being delisted.

His 2022 season is a better one to compare against Stocker. Both seem to be excellent kicks, Bonner seems to be more of a running hbf while Stocker has a better defensive side to his game. Not sure which one will best suit this years game plan.

Bonner didn't play hbf last year which was part of the reason he ended up being delisted.

His 2022 season is a better one to compare against Stocker. Both seem to be excellent kicks, Bonner seems to be more of a running hbf while Stocker has a better defensive side to his game. Not sure which one will best suit this years game plan.

Yes it'll be a horses for courses approach between those two.
Stocker more to replace Jweb and Bonner backup for Nas/Sincs.
I hope they put another year into Stocker, having a hard kent with room for growth fits where we're at better.

Stocker is a tough hombre. Bonner not so much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good call…he’s got the combination of speed and endurance & is extremely driven!
I think his tackling intensity will appeal to RTB 👍

Rather than a best 22, I thought I'd go see what our team of locks look like....

FB: Wilkie ------ ------
HB: Wanganeen-Milera Battle Sinclair
C: Hill Windhager Wood
HF: Owens ------ Philipou
FF: Higgins King -------
R: Marshall Steele Crouch
I/C: Henry ------ ------ ------

Would think that these 14 players are all safe.

Then it comes down to the following decisions:

Key Back (1): Dougall or Cordy
Small Defenders (2): Webster, Stocker or Bonner
Tall Forwards (2): Membrey, Sharman or Caminiti
Interchange (3) Dow, Butler, Clark, Jones, Ross, Byrnes, Wilson

I personally think it's time to phase out Webster, Membrey and Ross and finally put the Richo era to bed.

I feel like I'm rare for having Butler ahead of Higgins. I know Butler has a setback at the moment, but he was better than Higgins in 2023 imo. Higgins was the leading goal kicker but Butler wasn't too far off and he has much better pressure and impact imo.. Higgins had a great start to the year again but then faded away.
Yep, much more rounded player and that pressure is critical nowadays.

Rather than a best 22, I thought I'd go see what our team of locks look like....

FB: Wilkie ------ ------
HB: Wanganeen-Milera Battle Sinclair
C: Hill Windhager Wood
HF: Owens ------ Philipou
FF: Higgins King -------
R: Marshall Steele Crouch
I/C: Henry ------ ------ ------

Would think that these 14 players are all safe.

Then it comes down to the following decisions:

Key Back (1): Dougall or Cordy
Small Defenders (2): Webster, Stocker or Bonner
Tall Forwards (2): Membrey, Sharman or Caminiti
Interchange (3) Dow, Butler, Clark, Jones, Ross, Byrnes, Wilson

I personally think it's time to phase out Webster, Membrey and Ross and finally put the Richo era to bed.
If Webster, Ross and Membrey are still considered best 23…they should be picked!
I think Membrey is fairly safe but have doubts on the other 2.

I feel like I'm rare for having Butler ahead of Higgins. I know Butler has a setback at the moment, but he was better than Higgins in 2023 imo. Higgins was the leading goal kicker but Butler wasn't too far off and he has much better pressure and impact imo.. Higgins had a great start to the year again but then faded away.
They’re both totally different players, Collard’s the real X factor that may surprise by debuting early!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back