Autopsy Vs giants

Remove this Banner Ad

And big kudos to Dunkley. How many 2nd year mids would have the plums to go up against Mummy in the ruck? Big plums.
I like Dunkley a lot. Courageous, good in close with a fair bit of nous. Fair lump of a lad too at 190 and 90kegs. Given his size and hardness, I'd imagine he'll be an extremely difficult proposition for opponents as a 23+ yr old seasoned mature body (not that he isn't/hasn't been already).

And big kudos to Dunkley. How many 2nd year mids would have the plums to go up against Mummy in the ruck? Big plums.
Or perhaps it went like this in the rooms ...
BEV: We've lost BTC. I need some cannon fodder, someone to take one for the team. Who's going to volunteer to take on Big Mummy? Any takers?

[everyone steps back, except for Dunkley who is busy sexting Miss Oz about his big plums]

BEV: Good lad, Dunks! I know you'll do a great job.

The AFL have adopted Etihad Stadium's oval dimensions as the standard size for all 'new build' ovals. Recently in Ballarat, six of its major competition ovals have all been totally rebuilt to exactly the same dimensions and conditions and I note that the newest ovals around Werribee/Hoppers Crossing area as well as around Cranbourne have done likewise. It makes sense in that the AFL has been possibly the only football code in the world that hasn't played on a standard sized playing field. I am not sure if the AFL actually specifies minimum or maximum dimensions for its ovals because there are some incredibly small and odd shaped ovals in the country areas.
I can understand for AFL venues of which Eureka is an example, because narrower grounds is better for TV camera's angles, but I find it a bit strange they're doing it for all grounds.

An example of crazy former AFL ovals being finally standardised.

Muddy to magnificent; the redevelopment of Sebastopol’s football ground

4 May 2017, 1 p.m.
r0_0_1802_1101_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Photos: Skyline Drone Imaging.

This coming Saturday night will be a huge moment for the Sebastopol Football Club. The newly redeveloped Marty Busch Reserve will be on show for all to see, marking a new era for the club. Gone are the days of the Burra footballers trawling through the mud in search of the footy. The $1.7 million revamp by Ballarat City Council of the ground is complete and the ground is now a state-of-the-art footy facility. And to make the occasion even bigger, former AFL star Brendan Fevola will be pulling on the boots for opposition Melton South. Check out the amazing photos below to see how the oval has been transformed.

r0_0_3025_2165_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

r0_0_3992_2242_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

r0_0_4000_2249_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

r293_0_3507_1808_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

r48_0_3952_2196_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

r247_0_3744_1967_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

r150_0_3849_2081_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

r129_0_3786_2057_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
1x1-placeholder.gif

Soccer and rugby are not played on standard size pitches the world over.
In the Uk, I would venture to say that no two soccer pitches are the same size. The FA legislate a maximum and minimum width and length and that's a fact

11-A-SIDE FOOTBALL
For full size 11 a-side pitches, FIFA defines minimum dimensions of 45m x 90m and max dimensions of 90m x 120m. For official matches or international competition, FIFA has set minimum football pitch measurements to 64m x 100m and max to 75m x 110m.
Thanks for clarifying that

Thanks for clarifying that

I grew up in Leeds and in the 1960's there were 3 rugby league teams, one soccer team (Mighty Leeds) and a handful of rugby union teams.

Leeds RL (now Leeds Rhinos) played at Headingley and their pitch was quite a wide one, so they had some great high-scoring wingmen who could go wide and side step their opponent. Leeds United also played on a very wide pitch. Hunslet (home of Peter O'Toole the actor) played on a long and wide pitch but they almost folded and the management sold the ground for industrial redevelopment and they relocated to the dog track opposite Leeds United's ground at Elland Road. The pitch was short and narrow and for some reason they put a set of American football style posts in for the goal posts. In a home game against Leigh, the Leigh winger darted in for a try and glancing sideways, he planted the ball behind the line where the single post was located. This, of course was out of play, so the try was disallowed.

Southampton's ground is quite small compared to Leeds United.

I'm sure this is of no interest but given that Aussie Rules is played on cricket ovals, I'd be very surprised if a standard size outside of AFL would ever happen....

An example of crazy former AFL ovals being finally standardised.

Muddy to magnificent; the redevelopment of Sebastopol’s football ground

4 May 2017, 1 p.m.
r0_0_1802_1101_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Photos: Skyline Drone Imaging.

This coming Saturday night will be a huge moment for the Sebastopol Football Club. The newly redeveloped Marty Busch Reserve will be on show for all to see, marking a new era for the club. Gone are the days of the Burra footballers trawling through the mud in search of the footy. The $1.7 million revamp by Ballarat City Council of the ground is complete and the ground is now a state-of-the-art footy facility. And to make the occasion even bigger, former AFL star Brendan Fevola will be pulling on the boots for opposition Melton South. Check out the amazing photos below to see how the oval has been transformed.

r0_0_3025_2165_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

r0_0_3992_2242_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

r293_0_3507_1808_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

r247_0_3744_1967_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

r150_0_3849_2081_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

r129_0_3786_2057_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
1x1-placeholder.gif
Magnificent. The original looked more like an egg than an oval lol

I grew up in Leeds and in the 1960's there were 3 rugby league teams, one soccer team (Mighty Leeds) and a handful of rugby union teams.

Leeds RL (now Leeds Rhinos) played at Headingley and their pitch was quite a wide one, so they had some great high-scoring wingmen who could go wide and side step their opponent. Leeds United also played on a very wide pitch. Hunslet (home of Peter O'Toole the actor) played on a long and wide pitch but they almost folded and the management sold the ground for industrial redevelopment and they relocated to the dog track opposite Leeds United's ground at Elland Road. The pitch was short and narrow and for some reason they put a set of American football style posts in for the goal posts. In a home game against Leigh, the Leigh winger darted in for a try and glancing sideways, he planted the ball behind the line where the single post was located. This, of course was out of play, so the try was disallowed.

Southampton's ground is quite small compared to Leeds United.

I'm sure this is of no interest but given that Aussie Rules is played on cricket ovals, I'd be very surprised if a standard size outside of AFL would ever happen....
i know of someone who has a 23metre lap pool

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i know of someone who has a 23metre lap pool

Legend has it that actor David Niven asked the local builders in the south of France to make his pool 15 feet deep. Lost in translation, they made it 15 metres deep :D

Legend has it that actor David Niven asked the local builders in the south of France to make his pool 15 feet deep. Lost in translation, they made it 15 metres deep :D
didn't the english do the calcs for a probe to land on mars a few years back? problem was that the yanks put it in in miles instead of kilometres. Expensive mistake

Remove this Banner Ad

Back